SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 9 of 84 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 46 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:07 pm

She did make it to Episode 5 and got a 1 on 1, which is more than 99% of the minority contestants. Marquel only lasted until episode 5 (I think) and there was a huge campaign to make him the Bachelor. It does look like Jubilee is going to be involved in a lot of the drama based on the preview, but they could very easily paint her as the victim and then push her as the lead at the WTA. Otherwise, yeah, looks like it'll be Caila.

Back to top Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:08 pm

Caila and JoJo were the ONLY people that were asked/purposely put on their bios what their ethnicities are. Caila is Filipino and European. JoJo is half Persian. I think that counts for something in this "diverse" bachelorette shindig. So, if the head of abc is already saying all that, then I think the lead is between those two. And I'm leaning more towards Caila at this point, just because of what JoJo's storyline is for this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:14 pm

^JoJo is more "white passing" than the obviously half Asian Caila so who knows. But yeah,  I don't think it will be Amanda.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:17 pm

eversotrue wrote:Caila and JoJo were the ONLY people that were asked/purposely put on their bios what their ethnicities are. Caila is Filipino and European. JoJo is half Persian. I think that counts for something in this "diverse" bachelorette shindig. So, if the head of abc is already saying all that, then I think the lead is between those two. And I'm leaning more towards Caila at this point, just because of what JoJo's storyline is for this season.

Good point. That article makes me hopeful that they're leaning towards either Caila or JoJo for the B'ette. I understand if they pass on a minority because they don't have the personality to be the star (Marquel for example) but to me Caila and JoJo seem to have what it takes so I'll be confused if they're passed over for Amanda or Becca.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Idlemess wrote:
FLChica wrote:Sounds like a "diverse" group of contestants on the 'ette which could lead to a non-white Bachelor.I'll believe when I see it.

So would I.  And with that being said what are the ethnicities of this season's women?

Well Caila would be a shoe in as Lead if they were looking for a "diverse" Bette with her 1/2 Asian heritage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:22 pm

AmyB wrote:She did make it to Episode 5 and got a 1 on 1, which is more than 99% of the minority contestants. Marquel only lasted until episode 5 (I think) and there was a huge campaign to make him the Bachelor. It does look like Jubilee is going to be involved in a lot of the drama based on the preview, but they could very easily paint her as the victim and then push her as the lead at the WTA. Otherwise, yeah, looks like it'll be Caila.

If they really wanted Jubilee they could even have her comeback for advice or whatever, a la Jake with Jilian...

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:25 pm

megaa wrote:So far, I would probably go with Jojo. Caila seems very young & almost annoyingly cheerful, like she's never been jaded. That might be interesting, but from a guilty pleasure pov, I think Jojo comes off more mature/sexy and like she'd easily make the guys fall in lust if not love, although the potential for more is there.

nothatgirl wrote:That's why it's been a little hard for me to really believe that Caila is being set as the 'ette. She seems so young and almost child-like in her personality. I don't know if that's really going to attract the 26-34 y/o men they usually cast. I still think it's Amanda or Joelle, but I also think they're keeping their options open as it does seem all three girls will be well-liked.

I agree with both posts. I'd prefer watching JoJo. She seems more mature and definitely the men would find her more attractive, imo. Plus she is looking for her own Unicorn as she said. So she has that narrative already as well as her own company. Another thing is that I also think Caila comes across child-like rather than woman. I admit it's off putting for me to watch. JoJo in comparison comes across as woman rather than girl. I've already seen SM comments referring to this so I don't think we're alone in seeing Caila as more young and childlike. I'm sure she and all the other girls are all nice but I just don't see it with her. Will see....
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:44 pm

I'm looking at the logistics here: Caila is final 3 (important for the next lead the last couple of seasons.) She turned 24 and JoJo turned 25...yet, she got her age bumped up to 24 on the show and JoJo didn't get her age bumped up to 25... Caila got the second most ITMS (after Lace) on the premiere. (Actually, now that I think about it...so did JoJo..but Caila was still featured more than JoJo in the episode overall.) Caila was heavily featured in the previews pre and post show. Ben and the show is already endorsing her. Etc. etc.

JoJo has a fair shot too, but with her final 2 position/storyline this season, plus the info above...Caila seems to be the most realistic pick at this point in time.

Last edited by eversotrue on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:48 pm

Either way, JoJo and Caila both have storylines if they were to be the ETTE: JoJo: looking for her unicorn. Caila: fate part 3. teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 9 3806527698

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Sure. But I think even without logistics it's always different strokes for different folks and easier to justify with logistics. There's no doubt F3 is a good if not thee spot for next lead but if someone who is a current contestant (so no past contestant comparisons like Ari or whomever) has a bigger fan base and support or momentum I think that may supersede. And hey, if they want to do something different then they can. The show will be the show no matter who is lead. I personally would prefer watching someone other than Caila or even Amanda. If enough people feel the same way as viewers that can top the scales. Will see.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Based on the comments by ABC Boss Paul Lee, I would say Caila is a sure bet for the next Bachelorette.  If for some reason she didn't work out I think they would go with JoJo.  They are the only "diverse" gals in the final group.  Between the two, I think that all the indicators from the first episode through the future spoilers, including CH's comments point to Caila being set up as the next Ette.  Beyond her "diversity" she is pretty, smart, educated, well traveled, well spoken and seems like a lot of fun.  All good qualities for a lead.
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think he just said that in response to the questions they're getting from the media after Unreal cast a black lead. It just seemed like a way to avoid giving a real answer. I think they'll end up doing the same thing when they had the racial discrimination lawsuit, which was basically giving us 3-4 WOC in Sean's season, instead of the typical 1-2. That's not to say I think that Caila doesn't have a shot, just that his words don't mean they've already decided. Also, technically, Persians are considered Caucasian so that would be really pushing it to call her "diverse", IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 84 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 46 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
teamjanner
johannax
dedré
limoncello
Miyala