SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 44 of 84 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 64 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by theKeptGrits Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:47 pm

@kashathediva
thank you.

I have been watching MAFS and watched Black Love too. Even checked out Arranged. I think those are all a part of this forum. Love the intelligence of the posters here.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by umngirl Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:49 pm

I do wonder if the new president at ABC being a African American women (first Aftican America network president I believe) will potentially play a bigger part in their casting choices going forward. I'm all for more diversity.

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 44 87b72b10 The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 44 86669110 The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 44 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:52 pm

umngirl wrote:I do wonder if the new president at ABC being a African American women (first Aftican America network president I believe) will potentially play a part in their casting choices going forward. I'm all for more diversity.

Now THAT would keep me watching. Not any of the current girls though. Someone new with class, but a tude with eloquence and intelligence. Turn tptb on their ears and put them in a time out corner. cantstopl

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Sprite wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:^^yep, I fast forwarded thru nearly all of Ben and Amanda because it made me very uncomfortable to watch. I just knew her days were numbered, even without spoiler, and it made me sad to see single mom so hopeful. I really wish her girls were not so much of date. I wish she had left at f5.

I watch the Bachelorette to enjoy the guys and bromances too  so I would rather see a crop aged 28 and up. But I am sure my teen daughter would love to watch 22-28 year olds.

Seriously I can't wait for WTA to hear from Chris who is the "fan favorite America fell in love with." She will be our next lead.

I didn't actually think she looked hopeful. I think she wasn't into Ben and he wasn't into her. While they liked one another, both looked like they could hardly wait to get it all over with. It was all nice and civilized and rather dull.

Let me back up and restate the message I was trying to convey.

Amanda may have not seemed "hopeful" on last night's episode but IMHO, the producers always edit the single mothers who come on Bachelor/BIP to have a touch of desperation ... like coming on this show was their last straw to finding love since it's so hard to find love as a single parent. That's what I find so distasteful.

It makes me cringe when the single parents who go on the Bachelor/BIP are all teary eyed (real or contrived) when it doesn't work with the lead. Or to hear Amanda say what a "big deal" it is that she is introducing her kids to Ben. IMO ... YES, it sure IS a big deal which is why she should NOT introduce her kids on national TV to some guy dating other women on a reality dating show.  

I am a mother and have the utmost respect for single mothers (especially those who also work outside of the home). My husband's mother was a single mom! I have close friends who are single mothers (and single fathers!!) and appreciate 100 percent that it is very challenging for them to find time to date and find a partner who is willing to merge families. But going on national tv to find "love" on a reality tv show -- especially when kids are 2 and 3 years old? Hmmm ... no.

And, that's why I could not watch her HTD segment nor would I watch the Bachelorette if she was lead. She'll have better luck at  her girl's preschool during pick up or at whatever sports/dance lessons to find a future partner then on reality tv.

Last edited by MVMom39forever on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:08 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
Sprite wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:^^yep, I fast forwarded thru nearly all of Ben and Amanda because it made me very uncomfortable to watch. I just knew her days were numbered, even without spoiler, and it made me sad to see single mom so hopeful. I really wish her girls were not so much of date. I wish she had left at f5.

I watch the Bachelorette to enjoy the guys and bromances too  so I would rather see a crop aged 28 and up. But I am sure my teen daughter would love to watch 22-28 year olds.

Seriously I can't wait for WTA to hear from Chris who is the "fan favorite America fell in love with." She will be our next lead.

I didn't actually think she looked hopeful. I think she wasn't into Ben and he wasn't into her. While they liked one another, both looked like they could hardly wait to get it all over with. It was all nice and civilized and rather dull.

Let me back up and restate the message I was trying to convey.

Amanda may have not seemed "hopeful" on last night's episode but IMHO, the producers always edit the single mothers who come on Bachelor/BIP to have a touch of desperation ... like coming on this show was their last straw to finding love since it's so hard to find love as a single parent. That's what I find so distasteful.

It makes me cringe when the single parents who go on the Bachelor/BIP are all teary eyed (real or contrived) when it doesn't work with the lead. Or to hear Amanda say what a "big deal" it is that she is introducing her kids to Ben. IMO ... YES, it sure IS a big deal which is why she should NOT introduce her kids on national TV to some guy dating other women on a reality dating show.  

I am a mother and have the utmost respect for single mothers (especially those who must also work outside of the home). My husband's mother was a single mom! I have close friends who are single mothers (and single fathers!!) and appreciate 100 percent that it is very challenging for them to find time to date and find a partner who is willing to merge families. But going on national tv to find "love" on a reality tv show -- especially when kids are 2 and 3 years old? Hmmm ... no. And, that's why I could not watch her HTD segment.

clapping! thumbsup High clap Very well said!!!

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:17 pm

relaxing wrote:
Becca -  I honestly don't think she has a chance.  I'd be shocked.  She just got her second season and was less interesting than the first go around.  That's all you get on the main show, IMO. With she and Nick I think they thought they'd have a second chance at winning the lead after retuning and I believe it's the opposite.  Go on as a returnee, guaranteed you're out as a lead option, at least it I'm a producer that's how I'd see it.  See you on BIP Becca, if you want to keep yourself on tv.
I can just see it now, bringing Becca back along with Nick (please tell me he's not interested in her too) & Chris-wanting his second chance! ha

Mommyof1 wrote:Amanda reminds me of Emily too much. The look. The voice. No thanks.
Lauren's the one that reminds me of Emily, in her mannerisms. At least she's not hung up like Emily was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:24 pm

I really don't see them giving it to Becca, even though I'm sure she is being told she's a contender. Still hoping for JoJo...and that maybe it's JoJo that Ben lets go next week.
I think the ranking right now is:
JoJo/Caila
Amanda
Becca

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:27 pm

It'd be interesting to se a second chance bette. Someone whose relationship ended after the show. And second chance contestants from previous seasons too. It would be a guaranteed mess.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Would put three girls out there and let the guys choose again? I no the guys would be varied from the taste of Becca and the other two but still give her a chance? Britt wasn't as popular and Kaitlyn yet because TPTB wanted Britt, they found a way to get her on. It gave the show a little more excitement ,using the word loosely. If not three then, Becca and Jojo? I don't think Caila would do that for some reason .

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:27 pm

@foreverlove

How about letting the guys they round up chose who they want to date? Give them a line up pf all the girls past and present then bring on those girls for the first night for all the guys to meet face to face. Let them vote out girls for the first 2 weeks.

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:33 pm

I would also like to see a special rose given out at random times by the bette. ( say a yellow rose for instance, the symbol of hope ) Whomever gets that, plans the date. Then if he hits the mark, he gets the date rose or if not goes home. That way the gal gets to see a bit of what dates would be like in the real world.
Not knowing when those would appear would keep the viewers attention and keep the guys guessing and using their brains.

theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:20 am

Oh, please, please, please don't do the double 'ette again. That was awkward and painful to watch. no no no
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 84 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 64 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
teamjanner
johannax
dedré
limoncello
Miyala