SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 7 of 84 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 45 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Sorry, count me in the category of sick of the single parents. I know it worked for Jason, but honestly that was due to Molly being tenacious not him being a good lead. The others have failed miserably. I hate bringing kids into fake bachelor/ette relationships. You can hate my opinion, but single parents on this show seem more concerned about themselves than their children IMO and I don't like that. Renee was the best of the bunch and even with her, I wanted to scream, why are you on this show and not with your son?

I don't know if Caila is genuine or fake, I just can't tell from her SM. I do know that Kaitlyn fooled me, her SM before pre-show cleanup was just who she was and I didn't like that woman at all. Jojo is beautiful too, so between these two I just would need to watch and see who I like better.

Becca is a little too Kaitlyn without the sleeping around for me. She lost me with the joking about r*** this summer. It wasn't funny and the fact that she and Kaitlyn both thought that it was for me was my final straw on both of them.

I wanted Whitney last summer, but really hope that she has a real boyfriend that has nothing to do with this show. She deserves so much better than most I have seen on this show. The few good guys I might have wanted to see her with from this show don't seem to be anymore than friends for her, so I don't wish to see her crapped on by MF anymore. I think an ex-fiance that tells the world he never wanted to be engaged to you and being strung along for all of DWTS by said fiance and moving at least temporarily to LA for the same douche is enough. MF doesn't get to inflict anymore injury on this woman. After seeing her on tv, I really hope that like Chantal and other quality woman from this franchise she finds her HEA without MF involved. JMO.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:47 pm

bluwavz wrote:
I don't think you can be genuine and be the lead. It's just not possible. Being the lead requires you to play multiple people and say a bunch of things you don't really mean.

In case of Bette AU S1, the lead was genuine. Especially considering this show. Probably the most genuine lead ever, imo, with no overnights and no engagement and no words leading anyone on. In fact, her F2 never even got a single date and she let the guys who had more feelings for her go because she negotiated that she would do that and would never be forced to keep someone. So yeah, it can be done. Just not on the US show or with the US leads, imho.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:33 pm

I do think you can be genuine. I mean look at Des for example. She even told Chris, while he was proposing, that she'd fallen Brooks and let Drew go at the start of his date after Brooks had left, because she just couldn't fake it. I don't think you can get more genuine than that.

Sure there's a certain amount misleading every lead has to do, but that doesn't stop them from being real the rest of the time. That's what I want to see, a real person, not someone who's playing a role for the cameras the whole time. If I wanted to watch acting, I'd watch fiction instead. Movies are full of "adorable and quirky" female characters that are nothing but figments of the male scriptwriters' imagination. There are few things more annoying than people who try to emulate those in real life.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:57 pm

mindless, I've watched every season of "The Bachelorette" and most seasons of the "Bachelor," and Des' season is by far my favorite because she was the most genuine and actively seemed like a good person.

That said, I think people can come off as fake-ish on "The Bachelor" and more real as the lead, like Trista and Ali. So I wouldn't necessarily rule out Caila unless her edit ends up being REALLY bad... especially since she's F3.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:52 am

nothatgirl wrote:I feel like I'm actually going to really like Amanda from what we've heard about her so far from RS and her family and friends. RS said he's heard that she's sweet and genuine and all of her friends and sister seemed so happy for her, which makes me think she's a really good friend who's had a rough time in the last year. And, honestly, I understand why she would have wanted a break from her life as she's 25 y/o, divorced mother of two and that must suck. But...It's still hard for me to get over leaving her 18-month old at home.

I still get the feeling she'll be a front runner for the lead. I worry that Caila will be too polarizing and Joelle might have a hard time since she's F2. She might also get the sympathetic edit, after Olivia goes after her and calls her a teen mom.

While Amanda may indeed be very sweet and I may really like her on the show, I would still prefer her not to be the Bette. Not only does she have two children, but they are also very young. Just no. You had some fun, now just go back to the kids and your normal life. If she is as nice as is being touted, she will no doubt get some opportunities out of this that don't require her to leave her children...including meeting some new men.

The just no also applies to Becca. I have seen enough of her on Chris' season and her SM post show. I agree with stuck, that r*** joke with Kaitlyn was just the nail in the coffin. The genuine, wholesomeness has worn thin. Go to church and find the kind of guy you say you want. Probability of finding him there is a whole lot better than on this show...unless, that isn't really what you're looking for, which is what I suspect.

As for the rest of them, I need to see them in action before I decide. Caila seems like a firecracker and I could get behind her if I don't end up finding her too annoying, but that goes for everyone...not that that would stop me from watching of course.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:44 am

If they really want Joelle for lead, they'll make it happen. Remember how badly they wanted Chantal? And apparently Lindsay from Sean's season was all lined up for the role until she turned it down. So if she's their #1 choice and she wants to do it, they'll find a way to make it work.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:25 am

ITA, AmyB. I think it could be Caila, Amanda, or Joelle. I don't have a favorite and won't until I see them on the show. Having a single mother doesn't bother me so won't write Amanda off for that.

Becca has more going against her than tv personality imo. She's a virgin but even more problematic for a lead is that she seems to be slow at falling for someone and wants a long courtship. Great irl but not so good for this show. I really can't imagine her moving quickly enough to make decisions on guys every week let along pick a f1. JMO of course.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15342

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:34 am

nothatgirl wrote:
mindless wrote:
bluwavz wrote:No thanks to Becca as the lead. I'd rather stay awake during the next B'ette season. I'm thrilled Caila is the F3 and she's my pick for now. I'd rather have someone with an actual personality.

Funny you should say that, because I happen to like Becca's personality and from what I've seen so far I suspect Caila's to be really fake. Nothing's more painful for me to watch than a fake personality. Andi was enough. Give me someone genuine for a change!

I agree - I'm pretty introverted myself and I would hate that people think that makes me a bore sad I think that leads like Des and Emily were a lot more introverted and weren't the life of the the parties, like Kaitlyn or Jillian, but I really liked them.

I don't doubt that Caila is a really fun and outgoing person, but I also get the feeling she is going to be like Britt, just playing it up for the cameras. I hate that, because it just comes off so fake and insincere to me. I was a huge Becca fan during Chris's season, but some of her recent SC/periscope comments and activities disappointed me. I also honestly believe that the type of man she's looking for won't be found by The Bachelor's casting team. JMO.
I'd far prefer Becca as a lead. Depends on how she is portrayed and how the general viewers see her, but IMO, she was brought back to bring interest to her for her own season. Think this was in the works for a long time now.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:47 am

albean99 wrote:ITA, AmyB. I think it could be Caila, Amanda, or Joelle. I don't have a favorite and won't until I see them on the show. Having a single mother doesn't bother me so won't write Amanda off for that.

Becca has more going against her than tv personality imo. She's a virgin but even more problematic for a lead is that she seems to be slow at falling for someone and wants a long courtship. Great irl but not so good for this show. I really can't imagine her moving quickly enough to make decisions on guys every week let along pick a f1. JMO of course.

I also happen to think that any of the three listed above in bold could be in consideration for lead.

If Ben was as taken as with Lauren as early on as rumored, maybe JoJo was the only believable option as F2 & so that's why she wasn't F3. I know an F2 has never become B'ette before, but it doesn't mean it can't happen.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:23 pm

jojo47 wrote:
albean99 wrote:ITA, AmyB. I think it could be Caila, Amanda, or Joelle. I don't have a favorite and won't until I see them on the show. Having a single mother doesn't bother me so won't write Amanda off for that.

I also happen to think that any of the three listed above in bold could be in consideration for lead.

If Ben was as taken as with Lauren as early on as rumored, maybe JoJo was the only believable option as F2 & so that's why she wasn't F3. I know an F2 has never become B'ette before, but it doesn't mean it can't happen.

Trista was f2 although that was back when there wasn't a Bachelorette each year. DeAnna was tied for 2nd since Brad didn't pick anyone.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15342

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:13 pm

I was reading in between the lines of Ben's People blog from Week 1 (or maybe I was just reading too much into it laugh out loud) but I think Ben is giving a "tell" without meaning to....

He mentions more than a few women's entrances and conversations from Nigbt 1, including a very descriptive mention about Lauren but never mentions JoJo in the entire blog. Which is indicative to me that he is confirming to F1 that he picked her and is happy he did so and telling her not to worry about what you see with F2 because she is no longer even on my mind.

Also very telling to me is that Caila is to be the B'ette as of right now because of what he says about her and her entrance:

"Speaking of calming my nerves, these girls did an incredible job. They were just so amazing! Caila just jumping in my arms made me laugh and made my heart warm all at once. She has such an energy – you wouldn't believe it unless you've ever met her."

So as of today, I believe TPTB are going with traditionally positioned F3 for lead.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:47 pm

I am going with Caila for the next 'ette at this point in time.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 84 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 45 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
teamjanner
johannax
dedré
limoncello
Miyala