SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:29 pm

:alltens: :alltens:

mindless wrote:She is just horrendous. I, like David, was impressed by how she was acting around David's friends, smiling and making conversation. And what are her thoughts on the party? "I felt lonely and like a guest, not like a married couple. David should've paid more attention to me." This coming from a woman who has been pushing him away since day 1 and can't have a simple conversation with him, unless it's to complain or defend herself. She wants nothing less than David's attention and when he's finally too distracted to be bugging her, she suddenly wants to feel like a married couple! There's just no winning for David, she will never be happy with anything. I've never seen such a self-absorbed killjoy in my life.

good post.

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by justify14 Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:31 am

I really think horrendous is a strong word. Ashley is having a difficult time with the Married At First Sight experience. They do seem to get along and we do see them laughing and having fun at times. I think Ashley and David are caught making the same mistakes that have probably made in previous relationships. David is pushing ahead full steam and Ashley is still looking for physical attraction. I think David by inviting all his friends created more work for them and it did not permit them to have a quality experience as a couple. And David needs to own it. He got very defensive and unfortunately they as a couple lost an opportunity to bond. I think Ashley was right by making sure the guest list was smaller. I think she was taking the time to share her feelings and show she cared and he missed the opportunity to listen and find out from her how she wants to throw a party as a married couple. I think if she really did not care, she would have said it was great and left it at that.

At times it almost seems that their arguments are staged and they are reading their lines. It maybe that the filming on an actual argument needs to be replayed.

justify14

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:27 am

Ashley is just a miserable person.  I cannot imagine how she was ever chosen by the "experts".  She really is awful on all fronts.  I feel sorry for David.  He got cheated out of having any chance at a "marriage" lasting.  They have absolutely no chance.

JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by justify14 Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:02 am

I read some of her stepfather's posts on twitter since people were saying he was such a jerk. There was one post where he defended Ashley and he said a number of things that Ashley had done...IE she babysits for special need kids.( I would include the post if I knew how) To me, her actions outside the bubble of Married at First Sight show what kind of a erson she is and why she was chosen by the experts.

David does come off on camera well. He is in sales so I am not surprised. Sales people lets just say they usually need to know how to manipulate a situation even in adverse situations to be successful.

I stand by that they are each are not getting out of their own way...and he may be influenced by the producers to put on a good show.

justify14

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:32 am

She may be a very caring person outside of this show, however she agreed to try this experiment. IMO if she absolutely can't stand the sight of him, then why not try to be polite and get through it. Why is it necessary to treat him like he has a contagious disease. Treat him like a friend.

Whether there were two people or 20 people at the party, something tells me she would have complained either way. So far, all I've seen is her complain about everything. She's exhausting and I give David credit for putting up with her. I believe David's sister's tweet where she said he gave it his all despite her lack of attraction.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71486

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by justify14 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:58 am

The show is being produced to paint Ashley unfavorably. David is not what she believes she needs and it is difficult for her, since he always comes on so strong or as everyone else thinks...he is giving it his all. This was his problem before when he was dating as he himself admits.

The experts should explain to each couple why they were match and then possibly they will understand how they can grow as an individual or as a couple. I think David has figured this out about Ashley. And I think Ashley is struggling and the experts need to help her more...just like Vanessa asked for help early on, Ashley should have too.

I think the experts should have helped this couple more. Ashley or David should have pulled them in again when they struggled with the exercises.

I do admit I struggled with her in the beginning, but I would like to show her more compassion. The world would be a much better place if people on social media did not judge so fiercely. In the picture with Sam she looks happy...David looks even better than he did in the show.

justify14

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Sigh... "Dead couple walking".

The party was a shared mess. David was off, showing his friends the wallpaper (!), the watch, and whatever. Ashley seemed initially involved and then faded out. Afterward, I found David's defense to Ashley's complaints a little odd. "I was at the grill all the time - smell my shirt" disingenuous at best. I'm getting a little tired of hearing how wonderful Ashley is. I'm beginning to wonder about what's going on with him.

Curses, yet again, on the producers. The cliffhanger with The Message is just flat annoying. Did David actually make a date (cheating) or is he still looking for advice? How did Ashley get her message? Did someone rat David out? It all seems a little weird.

Anyway, this is rapidly becoming only of academic interest. This marriage is toast.

ADDED Ashley will hug David's friends (strangers) but David is out luck? All he gets is holding still for a high five. How freaking weird is that?

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:56 pm

justify14 wrote:The show is being produced to paint Ashley unfavorably.  David is not what she believes she needs and it is difficult for her, since he always comes on so strong or as everyone else thinks...he is giving it his all.  This was his problem before when he was dating as he himself admits.

The experts should explain to each couple why they were match and then possibly they will understand how they can grow as an individual or as a couple.  I think David has figured this out about Ashley.  And I think  Ashley is struggling and the experts need to help her more...just like Vanessa asked for help early on, Ashley should have too.

I think the experts should have helped this couple more.  Ashley or David should have pulled them in again when they struggled with the exercises.  

I do admit I struggled with her in the beginning, but I would like to show her more compassion.  The world would be a much better place if people on social media did not judge so fiercely.  In the picture with Sam she looks happy...David looks even better than he did in the show.  

I guess this is just me but nope can't give her any slack. no no  Did she not watch any of the previous seasons?  From the time she met him she was not interested, not even just as a friend.  Her and David have been alone a lot of the time and she has not tried either, so having friends over and her complaining about it is par for the course.   :pout

Who does she think she is, Miss Universe or something??? Maybe David in her opinion in looks is not what she wants for a hubby but looks aren't everything.  Maybe if she got out of her own way, she'd enjoy life more. :Nod:  Life is what you make it they say and boy is it obvious in this couple.  I was glad he at least had some fun with his friends.  It seems like there is no pleasing her... duh

She told the Dr. that it takes her a long time to come around so considering how this show works why even sign up for it. scratch  I guess TPTB did not realize to what extent she really meant by that. :yes:  She was in a relationship for 9 years and I wonder how many of those years it took for her to warm up to that guy and what really shocks me is why they were together that long, before it ended. no idea

Relationships are a 2 way street!!! If you don't put anything in then how can you expect anything back????  I feel for David and while I don't know him he does seem like
someone who likes to have fun and is a personable person. JMO's

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 13 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by justify14 Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:17 pm

I realize there is a lot of "IMO"on this blog against Ashley.   And that life is what you make it.  **edited**

So for discussion sake, obviously no one would sign up for it after season2.  **IMO**

I still think the experts should have been available more frequently for this couple and we might have had a different outcome.  I agree they seem to be doomed, I just think more of an effort should be provided by the experts.  They put them together they need to help them be successful.

justify14

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:22 pm

That's a very good point - if Ashley saw MAFS, she would have some idea about what was coming. Even if she didn’t see S1 or S2, she should have been given a chance to see them. Beyond that, her need for "must be attractive to me" should have shown up in the screening and personal inventory process. My faith in this process is basically gone.

She may be Atlanta's answer to Mother Theresa, helping babies and whatnot. But her behavior to David is somewhere between strange and rude.

David, I'm sorry to say, is also showing some problems. We'll see what's up with the "drinks lady" next week. But his excessive praise is beginning to sound a bit hollow. Picking a house located where Ashley could run and hide now looks a bit controlling.

Anyway, the train wreck is well on towards the end and we'll only have to watch the dust settle. And it's all rather sad as they might well have been a decent match. But they just got in each other's way.

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:33 pm

These shows are edited to plot points and themes. The root cause of this (gross) incompatibility may never even be revealed on the show. Who knows. Her behavior is so extreme, it feels like Sean and Davina fakey-fake "let's decorate our apartment" "Let's build Legos" over-produced crap to give the show footage at all (i.e., "To Sean: Please come to Manhattan and film some jogging, some NYE action, apartment time etc) on a hopeless pairing.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Family didn't sign confi agreements too?

Post by lexyterzo Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:58 pm

crazychicken wrote:David's sister is not very impressed with Ashley this week, I think it is safe to say that they will not be sister inlaws soon.
MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 13 Carrie11

I have a family member that did the Bachelor and you better believe her parents and siblings had to sign a confi agreement that they wouldn't discuss anything until the final outcome of the show had aired. I'm shocked that his sister can post such negative stuff on social media eluding to them not being together which basically gives the impression of what the final outcome is. I would think the confi would cover 6 weeks PLUS all the time it takes to air the final decision episodes.

lexyterzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+64
junhanso
michelle1109
cindebugg
snglrose
sun20j2001