SELECT CONTENT

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 01, 2022 8:16 pm

I am lucky enough to see the ships in the locks from the street level, and it really looks like there's only a couple of inches. I know the big lakers all have their sides of the ships scraped probably from going through the locks. I might see some scraping on the third picture, but not sure.

I hope I know when the next one comes through so I can have a look up front and close.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by nikikass Sun May 01, 2022 9:17 pm

@GuardianAngel

Those are great pictures.  So exciting. Especially in your home town.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 01, 2022 9:51 pm

@nikikass yes it is exciting!

I understand they docked and took a day trip to Niagara Falls. I'm not sure if that's true. If I have time tomorrow morning, I will drive by to see if it's still there or maybe they cruise at night? I'm not a cruiser, IDK.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 02, 2022 1:16 am

@GuardianAngel Check on the Viking web site. They list all the cruises.

While researching for a possible trip, I noticed there are a lot of NA river cruises now...and they seem to be more expensive than the European ones!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:59 pm

Just got back from 3 days and 2 nights on Amtrak's California Zephyr and it was a magnificent ride!

We started in San Francisco (the station is actually in Emeryville) crossing first the Central Valley and then the Sierra Nevada range before entering Nevada. Northeastern Nevada was stark and desolate with blowing sand, sometimes up into the sky looking almost like smoke from a fire.

Colorado was magnificent, especially Glenwood Canyon with its rock formations. Nebraska was flat, of course, but had beautiful farmlands that continued across Iowa with towering grain silos. We crossed the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers and were awed by their sheer size.

Amtrak is once again serving in the Dining Car with white tablecloths and real roses on the tables. We had burgers, steak, salmon, a hot dog for lunch and I still managed to lose weight.

But the best part was just looking out the windows, sleeping in the swaying top bunk, and having my husband all to myself without the office and the internet. We did manage to catch the Warriors win their 4th title on a cell phone though--congratulations Dubs!

We are now looking at the Southwest Chief for 2023...

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:09 pm

@Doats oh my gosh that sounds fabulous!!

Glad to hear you had a great time with magnificent views and top notch travel arrangements! yes

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:20 am

Hello! After 10 days in Switzerland, we are at the Zurich airport to fly back home!
Will try to post more, but here’s a few

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 13 Ab63ca10
Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 13 9de7e410
Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 13 3f2ab310

Sunrise in Matterhorn, see how the tip of the mountain changes the color

Last edited by sdmom on Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:22 am

Lake Riffelsee, also in Matterhorn area Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 13 4bb41110
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:55 pm

Beautiful photos @sdmom! I wish I could figure out how to do that.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 pm

@sdmom oh my gosh! Absolutely spectacular! I love how you captured the change in colour of on the tip of the mountain!

@Doats do you know how to save the picture to your phone laptop or whatever device you use?

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:13 pm

@GuardianAngel I have photos on both my iPhone and laptop (Mac).

Edited to add: We really didn't take any photos as that was difficult to do on a moving, swaying train. However, in April 2023, we are booked on a 15-day Viking ocean cruise, London-Wales-Ireland-Scotland-Norway. We will definitely be taking photos then!!

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:30 pm

@Doats that sounds wonderful!

Whenever you want to post a picture I'll give you step by step. It's very easy and only 4 steps. We have a testing thread you can practise in.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

+16
2observe
veg_out
Astrobach
Norcalgal
Mommyof2