SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 39 of 81 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 60 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:47 am

Good Post Lucas15!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:54 am

asim wrote:I have a couple questions regarding the last preview.  Why is Ben calling someone after he has decided to propose, or maybe it's TPTB editing. Also what is with the Helicopter? the girls arrive in the Limos.  Could it possibly be that Ben is having parents arrive to witness the proposal?  That's never been done before and that's why he's calling (we assume) his Mom.  Just a thought IMO.

I think he did call someone (ie not an edit trick) but that's being done this season as an analog to the letter that Catherine sent to Sean and which Sean read before he proposed to Catherine. So why did they do this? IMO after Ben told his parents that he was in love with two women and conflicted over which to choose the show wanted to show resolution to that conflict and pave a clear path to a proposal that viewers could warm up to. The call to (IMO) his mother was to tell her that he had clarity on his choice and was going to propose to the love of his life.

IMO it is possible that his parents arrive in a helicopter - either to witness the proposal (not done before AFAIK) - or to congratulate and celebrate with the just engaged couple (which has been done before - on CS's season with Chris's parents). Thus the phone call alerted them to hop into the next handy helicopter and head on over to the FRC location. Forgive the slight bit of sarcasm here - this was all planned out way ahead of time.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:55 am

jcrbil wrote:I think I recall, back during filming, that there was an IG post by Ben's parents flying back to Indiana after their time in Jamaica.  Pretty sure it was before the proposal... but if anyone wants to go back to check...

*snip*

I remember that as well. I think they flew back Monday and the FRC was on Wednesday. I'm sure he's just calling them to let them know where he's at before taking the plunge. Pretty obvious there's no double dumping, since they used a mirror image for the "other" limo.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:59 am

asim wrote:I have a couple questions regarding the last preview.  Why is Ben calling someone after he has decided to propose, or maybe it's TPTB editing. Also what is with the Helicopter? the girls arrive in the Limos.  Could it possibly be that Ben is having parents arrive to witness the proposal?  That's never been done before and that's why he's calling (we assume) his Mom.  Just a thought IMO.

Calling someone: it has been speculated (including by me) that he calls his mum just before the proposal (like he called his parents from the driveway at the M&G)

Helicopter: it could be taken from any other FC or FD date Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by asim Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Thanks all, questions answered! clapping!
asim
asim

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
sophienette wrote:I just want to say there is 1 sentence, said by Jojo, which could be key...

'I don't want to hurt him'
sophienette wrote:What it COULD mean is that she realizes she doesn't want to marry him? or something... pretty much mutual break up pre FRC.

Interesting theory - IMO with merit. I think that a mutual break-up pre FRC could be why they left the "I won't blindside you" comment in - a mutual breakup would not be a blindside. I also think that the preview showing Ben saying "[Honestly] I do love you" to one woman and "[This is really hard for me because] I've known I'm in love with you for a while" to another could tie into this theory.

A couple of observations I've made about the two "I love you" cited above:

One is that while we search for the thing that happens that we've never seen before, ABC and CH (on the live show) have presented that Ben tells two women he loves them is what we've never seen before. Of course that's not true because we have seen that before as several posters have pointed out - I just think it's BS on the part of the show and they are banking on the bulk of the viewing audience to not remember (or maybe never saw) previous shows where this also happened.

Another observation is that there is a night and day difference (to me anyway) between how Ben says what he says. When Ben says "I do love you" to one woman he is conversational in his tone of voice and almost business-like in his facial expressions. I'm not saying he's lying - just that in that moment I don't think he feels deep love. When Ben says "I've known I'm in love with you for a while" his voice is tender and he looks at that woman lovingly and with great sincerity and to me he looks like he really means what he is saying - he's feeling that love at that moment and it comes across to the camera. And the last observation is that in the context of this show, there is a difference between the words "I love you" and "I'm in love with you". "I love you" can mean "I love the person you are" (which was how Sean explained his feelings for Lindsay Yenter) or can be the kind of love you feel for a good friend; you can love many people in life (and most of us do). "I'm in love with you" seems to be used for a "romantic" kind of love - the love that is felt between two people who want to marry, raise a family and spend the rest of their lives together; it's a kind of love that is exclusive (hopefully) to one person.

IMO Ben says "I do love you" to his F2 and it's a tightly cropped "frankenbite" because if they showed the entire context of the conversation it would look very different - and they don't want us to see the full context yet. IMO Ben says "I've known I'm in love with you for a while" to his F1 and in context it means exactly what it seems.

Don't know what goes down at FRC but doubt the mutual break up angle. In the preview, Ben is shown saying something like " I love someone else...more" This scene looks like he is talking to someone standing in front of him. I believe this was the F2 break up. "I love you, I can't imagine saying goodbye bye, but I love another woman more than I do you."

The "I do love you" scene, to me, looks like a conversation pre or after MTP. They are outside, it's daytime.... However way he told the other person that he loves them, I agree that saying you've known you love someone for a while, sounds like a more serious confession.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:21 pm

Are we sure the "I don't want to hurt him" is Jo Jo and not Caila's voice? Do we actually see her saying it because it is very similar to what Caila already told him on their last one on one date.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:22 pm

mindless wrote:I'm really confused about these screencaps from the latest preview. Are they from earlier on in the season? It looks like Ben and Emily in cocktail party attire, but Emily's supposed to be going home before the RC next week and Ben's not wearing the same clothes anyway. I thought they might have an evening portion to their date in Indiana, but Ben's hair looks shorter than on the group date the day before and maybe the RC too (hard to tell).

sophienette wrote:
The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 003410
The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 003485

This is definitely from an earlier episode at the mansion. I know because that fabric in the back drop is the same fabric, but different color in some of my window treatments. It ticked me when I saw it this season. They did that last season with the mansion accessories and window treatments. They must order from the same fabric company I do. cantstopl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:23 pm

Their voices are pretty different...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:58 pm

julychild wrote:Don't know what goes down at FRC but doubt the mutual break up angle. In the preview, Ben is shown saying something like " I love someone else...more"  This scene looks like he is talking to someone standing in front of him. I believe this was the F2 break up. "I love you, I can't imagine saying goodbye bye, but I love another woman more than I do you."

The "I do love you" scene, to me, looks like a conversation pre or after  MTP. They are outside, it's daytime.... However way he told the other person that he loves them, I agree that saying you've known you love someone for a while, sounds like a more serious confession.

:yes:  That's the kind of thing that IMO could have followed up Ben saying (IMO to F2) "Honestly I do love you" and why they cut that frankenbite so closely - what he could have said right afterward makes the "I do love you" take on a completely different meaning.

When they showed this clip on the "Live" show Ben seemed taken slightly aback by it but I think a possible reason is that they took something that he said that actually happened and made it look very different and he didn't expect that.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:49 pm

I think Ben crying at FRC may also be if he talks to his parents (his mom) and perhaps tells them he is about to propose or something. I could see that happening since he called first episode and is an only child and a way to get the parents even more involved since he never had a HTD last year and this just brings them more into his story. Anyway that's the story I'd like to happen. It would be so sweet of the parents could have been there too but a phone call would be sweet too.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bronco18 Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Ok - helicopter scene is taken at FRC location:

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 Untitl10
Sc's and Google

Here's the helicopter SC from the latest preview:

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 39 00599210
SC

Helicopter numbers appear to match, so what does this mean?

IMO, these 2 Sc's of the helicopter are of the same scene. So, who could be in the helicopter? Is it Ben arriving at FRC location? Is it Ma and Pa Higgins arriving for the FRC? Or is it "Bren" going somewhere post FRC to celebrate?

wine SO UNMURDERY :cheeseyy
               :crazy dance:
bronco18
bronco18

Female Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 81 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 60 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Scaps - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+90
Hotmomma
allicat
2observe
Longhornfan
dyra