SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion

Page 44 of 62 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 53 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion  - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion

Post by Katiebelle Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:51 pm

sophienette wrote:
Litta123 wrote:I'd love to try going unspoiled again. The last time I tried was during The Farmer's season. I got so lonely in the unspoiled thread that I gave it up after episode 3 or 4. If I knew people were going to stick around here for the next 'Ette season, I might give it a go again. The only problem is I like to use screencaps. Would you guys be interested in that...or would you rather just be talking about the edit and how you perceive the relationships forming?

I am going to be sleuthing unspoiled (by RS) join us!!! I want to use Promos, blogs, ABC shots, etc... everything but the press and RS. Going to also stay away from SM because of stupid commenters. We will need peeps bringing us relevant non spoiling info we might miss though Hugesmile

@Litta123 @sophienette

I would love it if you joined us! The next Bette would be so much fun if you are there. I was the only unspoiled poster on Kaitlyn's season and it was a little lonely. I am enjoying this season so much more and that's definitely due to all the great posters that have come on this thread.

As a poster that has always been unspoiled I would appreciate screen caps and other information that have come from the official ABC media. We had that type of thread for the Aussie and Kiwi Bach seasons and it work very well. The sleuthing was a collaborative effort and there were some vigorous and often hilarious discussions.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion  - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion

Post by Katiebelle Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Mommyof1 wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:A question for anyone who is currently spoiled: Are the spoiled threads heated? Are there arguments going on?

In past seasons things have often gotten heated because of the personalities or actions of contestants that were seen as controversial. I think Ben and most of his girls are nice, but that's just me. I'm wondering if the ILYs to 2 women has created a firestorm in the spoiled threads. Inquiring minds want to know. The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion  - Page 44 3806527698  On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being invite Ben to Thanksgiving dinner and 10 being burn Ben at the stake), what are most of our members feeling about Ben after the double ILYs? TIA.

We definitely have camps set up for the F1 and the F2 and yet there are others who are on the fence or just don't care what happens.  giggling   I wouldn't say it is heated per se, but several posters are in their camps and have already set up their tents.  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion  - Page 44 3806527698  I'm in JoJo's camp, no matter if she is F1 or F2.  I love JoJo!  She has made the season for me!  It's not that I don't like Lauren, I just can't relate to her.  After nine episodes, I feel I know absolutely nothing about her.  

As for the 2 ILY's, some still think Ben is the greatest guy and then there are others who think he is still a bit immature and not ready for marriage.  

I'm in the Lauren camp for Ben and the JoJo camp for me!

From what i have seen on the show I would definitely be friends with JoJo, Becca and Lauren H.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:10 pm

rhondam wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:The rule is answer a question for information, only if asked by a Non spoiled poster.
I wonder if this could/should be answered by a PM only to the person who asked? Other unspoiled members may not want to know the answer but then oops now it's posted.... they saw it.... too late. If it indeed turns out that some other non-spoiled members want the answer, they too could ask to be PM'd. Just a thought because..... I may go unspoiled for Bachelorette but want to for sure for next Bachelor and I wouldn't necessarily like to know certain things that other unspoiled members may want to know and vice versa. JMO.

ETA: Speaking of PMs, the rose emoji indicating you have a PM waiting is no longer there. Is this a glitch or something wrong with just mine? TYIA.

There will have to be formal rules created. The only issue I have when members ask for a pm, it's usually followed by several requests for pm's. This IMO only entices or baites others to want a PM that didn't want one to begin with. Requesting pm's is already in the Rules. If someone wants to know something, just pm them. Also, as many spoiled members have indicated, some don't come here because they don't trust themselves. Requesting a pm, might result in getting more info than requested. Maybe designating one or two spoiled go to posters/mod's would be the way to go.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71486

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:51 pm

Ok, if anyone is interested in the FRC preview SC's the ones from tonight and/or last week's, let me know.  I'll make and post SC tomorrow from tonight's preview and can bring them over if y'all are interested.  Sorry, I haven't thought to ask if y'all wanted them before now!  I brought them over during the farmer's for a while but then the thread went cold (think people were spoiled or bored and read them willingly giggling ) and I stopped.  

I have enjoyed reading y'all's posts this season!
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:05 pm

Just a suggestion...

GA, another possibility would be to put the answer in a spoiler post. It would save someone from having to make multiple PMs, even though I know one could copy and paste. The rule could be to answer the question factually with no interpretation or added info. The non-spoiled could choose to open the spoiler post or not.

It might be best, like you said, to have a mod or someone else specifically designated to answer. Like I posted earlier, even though people were well intentioned during Juan Pablo's season, too much leaked out in posts responding to questions. After awhile it became pretty obvious who the spoiled F1 was.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion  - Page 44 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:28 am

affraid    speechless    affraid    speechless    affraid   speechless

The WTA downloaded very early tonight and since I have meetings all day tomorrow I thought I'd have a quick peek. I started watching and thought blow this... and fast forwarded to the end to see the preview for next week.

I thought last week was WOW but next week looks like it will be the most dramatic finale I have ever seen.

You Americans really do know how to put on a good show! Now how many days, hours and minutes until the finale airs?

Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:56 am

Katiebelle wrote:affraid    speechless    affraid    speechless    affraid   speechless

The WTA downloaded very early tonight and since I have meetings all day tomorrow I thought I'd have a quick peek. I started watching and thought blow this... and fast forwarded to the end to see the preview for next week.

I thought last week was WOW but next week looks like it will be the most dramatic finale I have ever seen.

You Americans really do know how to put on a good show! Now how many days, hours and minutes until the finale airs?

Agree! that scene with him wiping Lolo tears and the conversation in the bathroom with JJ, that is the most dramatic season ever, I can't wait. This is for me the best season ever, that because of Ben's honesty. I love both girls, and I think he will be happy with ether. I was team Lauren before, but now I am as confused as Ben is. LOL, I love Jojo too.

This is the first season where I will not be heartbroken if the lead chooses one or the other, it's less stressful.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:27 am

agentcurls wrote:@MiaHawk, I've always enjoyed your commentary.

What do you make of Ben's getting choked up with Lauren's sister? "I'm so lucky..."

He is thankful!, and I also think, it is the way the sister phased the question. She was saying what he was thinking. However. In addition, Lauren was not afraid to show Ben how invested in him she was. She told him " I can see a LIFE with you" that's major validation, and this allowed him to fall forward every time they spend time together.
However Jojo has been afraid to give love bcs of past relationships hurt, even before HMT, she was still afraid and that alone, kept him from falling forward. Notice when Jojo saud ILY, he smiled and returned ILY too, it looked as though he already loved her, but was waiting for validation from her. JMHO

This is so refreshing, he really loves both girls, and he is not afraid to say it to them, what a new concept! That s really living in a moment, and that IMO, 's the key to a successful life, giving your all in all you do.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion  - Page 44 Empty Newbie!

Post by locoforbach Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 am

Ok, new to this blog thing and completely Unspoiled, every season since the beginning of time.  Thank you all for the insight and interesting take on things.  Ben is my favorite after all the seasons - Andrew Firestone held that position until this season Smiley

I know some of you are spoiled so I imagine some of my comentary and speculation will be pointless, but I like that there is a place to discuss this awesomely, weird obsession we have with a tv show  Hugesmile

I have a question about something that was brought up a few pages ago about the FS dates being shown out of order.  I know they can edit voiceovers but it seemed to me that Ben made it very clear that his date with JoJo was after Lauren.  After rewatching I still find it hard to believe that JoJo was second (??)  Unless they used things Ben said during the Finale and dates were opposite then, because he clearly stated that because of saying ILY to Lauren that if he didn't feel it with JoJo he would send her home.  He also mentioned specific things in his blog about the order in which things happened.  JMO and I am not saying it couldn't be done, but it seems like alot of things would have to have been altered for them to show the dates in different order.

All that said I like both women and will be happy for Ben and his fiance whomever she may be.  I truly think he can be happy with either of them. In my heart I am rooting for JoJo because as one poster said, I can see being her friend - she is funny and direct and has substance.  After 9 weeks I don't feel like I know much about Lauren and we haven't seen her reveal much to Ben about herself or life.  All we know it that she thinks Ben is too good for her, but he is her person. I understand the editing could be playing down the Ben/Lauren connection and her personality could just be more private.  Possibly they had many in depths conversations that we were not privy to.

The WTA was the usual, other than our Bachelor was very eloquent when speaking to the woman and you can tell that he is a kind, gracious person by the way the woman reacted to him.  They were not there to tear him apart or yell at him.  Most seemed to genuinely want him to find happiness and are glad.  I am sure this has to do with the fact they both his final two are terrific women whom many of the girls are friends with.

The previews and Ben's "ILY and Her confession" on the bathroom floor took me back a few season to Ashley & J.P.  I remember noticing she always confided in J.P. about what was going on with her feelings and thoughts during the process.  They didn't just have the surface conversations about how pretty the scenery was or how bungee jumping brought them closer together.  She sought him out for comfort and vice versa; she talked about her situation with other guys.  That bit of insight told me early on he was going to be her choice.  She felt comfortable enough to share things with him and he was secure enough to suport her.  He seemed to understand the relationship was only going to work if he was there for her through all the emotional stuff.  Ben confessing to one person that he loves another too could be his way of being completely open and honest with her in order for them to be able to move forward and have a life together outside of the show.

WHEW - maybe I should have found this board weeks ago, then I wouldn't have rambled so much!!!
I am happy to be here and enjoy everyone's take on the show!
locoforbach
locoforbach

Female Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:22 am

I've posted SC's from last nights preview, in the sleuthing spoiler section, would y'all like me to bring them over here too?
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:11 pm

locoforbach wrote:Ok, new to this blog thing and completely Unspoiled, every season since the beginning of time.  Thank you all for the insight and interesting take on things.  Ben is my favorite after all the seasons - Andrew Firestone held that position until this season Smiley

I know some of you are spoiled so I imagine some of my comentary and speculation will be pointless, but I like that there is a place to discuss this awesomely, weird obsession we have with a tv show  Hugesmile

I have a question about something that was brought up a few pages ago about the FS dates being shown out of order.  I know they can edit voiceovers but it seemed to me that Ben made it very clear that his date with JoJo was after Lauren.  After rewatching I still find it hard to believe that JoJo was second (??)  Unless they used things Ben said during the Finale and dates were opposite then, because he clearly stated that because of saying ILY to Lauren that if he didn't feel it with JoJo he would send her home.  He also mentioned specific things in his blog about the order in which things happened.  JMO and I am not saying it couldn't be done, but it seems like alot of things would have to have been altered for them to show the dates in different order.

All that said I like both women and will be happy for Ben and his fiance whomever she may be.  I truly think he can be happy with either of them. In my heart I am rooting for JoJo because as one poster said, I can see being her friend - she is funny and direct and has substance.  After 9 weeks I don't feel like I know much about Lauren and we haven't seen her reveal much to Ben about herself or life.  All we know it that she thinks Ben is too good for her, but he is her person. I understand the editing could be playing down the Ben/Lauren connection and her personality could just be more private.  Possibly they had many in depths conversations that we were not privy to.

The WTA was the usual, other than our Bachelor was very eloquent when speaking to the woman and you can tell that he is a kind, gracious person by the way the woman reacted to him.  They were not there to tear him apart or yell at him.  Most seemed to genuinely want him to find happiness and are glad.  I am sure this has to do with the fact they both his final two are terrific women whom many of the girls are friends with.

The previews and Ben's "ILY and Her confession" on the bathroom floor took me back a few season to Ashley & J.P.  I remember noticing she always confided in J.P. about what was going on with her feelings and thoughts during the process.  They didn't just have the surface conversations about how pretty the scenery was or how bungee jumping brought them closer together.  She sought him out for comfort and vice versa; she talked about her situation with other guys.  That bit of insight told me early on he was going to be her choice.  She felt comfortable enough to share things with him and he was secure enough to suport her.  He seemed to understand the relationship was only going to work if he was there for her through all the emotional stuff.  Ben confessing to one person that he loves another too could be his way of being completely open and honest with her in order for them to be able to move forward and have a life together outside of the show.

WHEW - maybe I should have found this board weeks ago, then I wouldn't have rambled so much!!!
I am happy to be here and enjoy everyone's take on the show!

First off.... Welcomeparty!

Regarding the bolded, when Ben...or any lead...is writing their blog, they follow the edited storyline. They may give little clues to their F1, but for the most part they follow along what we are shown on the screen and write as if they are in that moment. As for the rest of it, a lot of those moments where Ben talks about the order of dates are done in voice overs. You see him walking, thinking, etc, but you only hear what he is saying. Those VO can be...and often are...done post filming to fill in gaps in the storyline the producers want to present. They can also be done during or after the dates when producers ask the necessary questions because they know how they want to the edit things. It really isn't all that difficult.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:I've posted SC's from last nights preview, in the sleuthing spoiler section, would y'all like me to bring them over here too?

Yes please if that's allowed. It will be something to look forward to after a long day of work and it will be interesting to see what everyone has to say. tyvm

Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 62 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 53 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - NO SPOILERS - Discussion

+51
Lucas15
Crazylady29
MVMom39forever
George1218
bronco18