SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 2 of 65 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Is it going to be any different with Jojo as the Bette? Same manipulation to get an F2 and rejection at the Finale . Even if she's allowed to break it off before the final day, the runner up will always feel blindsided no matter what.

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:39 pm

I agree, mindless. I also disagree that just because you've been on reality tv show, you're in exactly the same boat. I don't know how RFL worked, but past Bachelor/ettes haven't all led on the #2 the same way Ben did. To throw out ILY and potential sex when you know that you're never picking her? To convince the person who's pulling back that they can completely trust you and give their heart to you...when you know you're just going to crush it in a couple of weeks? Yes, there have been leads in the past who said and did all that, but they were still truly undecided. There really haven't been too many that knew on day one who they were going to pick, but still went that far into convincing the #2 to trust them and love them, IMO.

Even though the family didn't know everything, I'm sure they pick up on things. Nick's family said "we saw last year that Andi wasn't into it". Maybe Jojo's family sees the same and gets angry when they hear Jojo repeating all the stuff he's been telling her. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:49 pm

mindless wrote:The brother did say "You brainwash these girls way too much". I haven't watched Ready For Love apart from the bit with JoJo in it, so I don't know how much Ben Patton brainwashed the women. What I do know is that the dinner conversation between Ben and JoJo last night left me feeling really uneasy. I feel less bad for the women who go into the show in love with idea of falling in love with the Bachelor and fall no matter who the lead is. It's when they are apprehensive for a good reason, because their intuition is telling them that he's more into someone else, and the lead keeps telling them to not hold back and to let themselves fall... it just bothers me. Sure, they have the excuse that they're not sure yet and need to explore all options, but I just don't buy it with Ben at all. His demeanor is so different around Lauren, the way he looks at her and kisses her. JoJo doesn't stand a chance unless Lauren runs off, so it pisses me off that Ben keeps trying to push her over the edge. Yeah, it's the show, but it's still off-putting.
That is the show though. He's supposed to convincingly date multiple women. He just simply can't shut down the show and run away with Lauren. And maybe he doesn't want to. JoJo knew this when she signed the dotted line. 

Besides, none if the show had aired by the time of HTD, JoJo's brother had no clue what Ben had said and done.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:59 pm

^^^^^^^^^I like how you think Fingers^^^^^^^^^

Back to top Go down

Post by KBiegs88 Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Link for episode 8 photos

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/episodes/2008-2/

KBiegs88

Female Posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by bronco18 Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:31 pm

KBiegs88 wrote:Link for episode 8 photos

I CANNOT handle how cute Lauren and Ben are in these photos (especially)! She knows he loves his whiskey and took him to a place to taste some fine whiskey. heartbeat smilelove How adorable!! She is going to make a wonderful Mrs. Higgins IMO.
bronco18
bronco18

Female Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyala Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:02 pm

bronco18 wrote:
KBiegs88 wrote:Link for episode 8 photos

I CANNOT handle how cute Lauren and Ben are in these photos (especially)! She knows he loves his whiskey and took him to a place to taste some fine whiskey. heartbeat smilelove How adorable!! She is going to make a wonderful Mrs. Higgins IMO.

Yes these Photos says it all!!!

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Those pics of Ben and Lauren are amazing!! Love love love! He said in an interview that whisky is a guilty pleasure of his!

Last edited by Julie81 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyala Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:04 pm

I am thinking about CH writing that we still haven't seen B and L chemistry (?) explode (did I get that right?)… I wonder what THAT will be like :cutesmile!:

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:
mindless wrote:The brother did say "You brainwash these girls way too much". I haven't watched Ready For Love apart from the bit with JoJo in it, so I don't know how much Ben Patton brainwashed the women. What I do know is that the dinner conversation between Ben and JoJo last night left me feeling really uneasy. I feel less bad for the women who go into the show in love with idea of falling in love with the Bachelor and fall no matter who the lead is. It's when they are apprehensive for a good reason, because their intuition is telling them that he's more into someone else, and the lead keeps telling them to not hold back and to let themselves fall... it just bothers me. Sure, they have the excuse that they're not sure yet and need to explore all options, but I just don't buy it with Ben at all. His demeanor is so different around Lauren, the way he looks at her and kisses her. JoJo doesn't stand a chance unless Lauren runs off, so it pisses me off that Ben keeps trying to push her over the edge. Yeah, it's the show, but it's still off-putting.
That is the show though. He's supposed to convincingly date multiple women. He just simply can't shut down the show and run away with Lauren. And maybe he doesn't want to. JoJo knew this when she signed the dotted line. 

Besides, none if the show had aired by the time of HTD, JoJo's brother had no clue what Ben had said and done.

The right Ben has to be convincing in making all the girls believe he is into them is the same right the family members who read his bullcrap have to call him out on it IMO

I would want my brother to call out a girl they feel is feeding me bullcrap irrelevant of cameras or not

Back to top Go down

Post by bronco18 Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:20 pm

Julie81 wrote:Those pics of Ben and Lauren are amazing!! Love love love! He said in an interview that whisky is a guilty pleasure of his!

And on Night 1, Lauren was waiting inside the McMansion with a drink for Ben (presumably whiskey), and he always seems to have that drink (whatever it may be, whiskey sour maybe?) with him. Too cute Smiley
bronco18
bronco18

Female Posts : 227

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Here is the description for HTD's:

“Episode 2008” – The stakes are high as Ben crisscrosses the country on an exciting, emotionally  charged journey to visit the final four women’s hometowns. Ben travels to Orange County, CA to meet Amanda, the single mother with two adorable little girls, but her concerned parents wonder if he is ready to be an immediate full-time dad. Lauren B. shows Ben around her hometown of Portland, OR, but he must face serious questions from her sister. Caila shares some places with Ben that she holds near and dear to her in Hudson, OH; however, her father subjects the Bachelor to a grilling to see if he is worthy of his daughter. Finally, Ben is off to Dallas to meet Jo Jo, only to find her in tears as an unexpected surprise threatens to derail their romance. Ben must make a gut-wrenching decision to narrow the field to three women. Will one of them be his wife? Find out on “The Bachelor,” airing MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EST) on the ABC Television Network. 

Amanda introduces Ben to her two daughters at the beach, and he attempts to win them over. However, the bachelorette’s parents question whether he is ready to take on the responsibilities of being a full-time dad and loving husband. Is this ready-made family too much too soon for the Bachelor?

Lauren B. share a wonderful, fun-filled afternoon of sightseeing, visiting local food trucks and grabbing a drink at a genuine whiskey museum. Later on, Ben gets emotional as he is confronted with serious questions from her sister. She is worried about how deep his feelings can be when there are still three other women in the picture.
Caila shows Ben her high school and her father’s toy factory – two places that are important to her. Her father only wants what’s best for her and cross examines Ben. Will this interrogation give the Bachelor second thoughts about their future as a couple?

The biggest shocker awaits Ben in Dallas when he arrives to see Jo Jo. An ex-boyfriend suddenly appears, trying to get back in her good graces. Ben finds things go from bad to worse as Jo Jo’s two older brothers are less than pleased with how their sister is searching for love. They are convinced she is headed for heartache. Will a dramatic face-off between Ben and the brothers put Ben’s relationship with Jo Jo in danger?

One stunned and devastated bachelorette is headed home and both the woman and Ben are left emotionally drained. The road to love has become increasingly difficult, but Ben may be one step closer to finding his soulmate. His next adventure awaits as the Bachelor and the final three women head to the exotic island of Jamaica.

The four remaining women are:
Amanda, 25, esthetician, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
 Caila, 24, software sales representative, Hudson, OH
 Joelle “Jo Jo,” 24, real estate developer, Dallas, TX
 Lauren B., 25, flight attendant, Marina Del Rey, CA

Source: http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/episodes/2008-2/
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 65 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+89
richmondrose
mysthelma
moonchild
jupi
Luvstruck
bl.air
bleuberry
Jolena
2observe
bilolo
Buckeye_Fan