SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 53 of 65 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 59 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILOVEYOU -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 53 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:39 am

grace8136 wrote:
ForeverLove wrote:Who thinks Ben did ask for Lauren's hand but not aired? Jojo's, no way. Ben is trying to put that visit in hindsight so he can examine it with 20/20 vision when using foresight.

Maybe, but I was thinking that may have been something he negotiated out of his contract. It makes the bachelors look ridiculous when they ask multiple dads that, so good for him if he axed that tradition. But, he did make sure to tell both her dad and her sister that if he proposes to Lauren it will be real.

You can just see the dynamic of the Bushnell family as so different . What a gift to have a nurturing , reasonable dad. I think Ben saw his dad in Mr. Bushnell more than any other dad. I hope Ben paid homage to the front yard! lolpanda It was immaculate.

Back to top Go down

ILOVEYOU -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 53 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by pavalygurl Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:50 am

nutty1 wrote:
albean99 wrote:HTDs are the worst, at least some of them. speechless

Amanda's kids are adorable and Ben was pretty good with them but wasn't feeling it for her. I wonder if they wanted him to bring her to f4 to keep her in the mix for Bachelorette?

I loved Lauren's HTD, all of it. She picked the best place to bring Ben. My dh would be jealous. She has such a nice looking family and her brothers were too cute when "grilling" Ben. giggling This had the feel of a real life family visit when you're falling for their daughter. Ben was so emotional about Lauren that it's hard to imagine there's anyone else in his heart.

Caila's HTD was my 2nd favorite. I thought the toy factory part was adorable and Ben seemed to really enjoy it. I thought the family part was setting her up for being the Bachelorette, especially her dad talking about her Filipino heritage. Her mom is beautiful. I don't think that Ben has fallen for Caila but was surprised to hear him say it was the most deep relationship.

Jojo's date was just a big trainwreck. I could barely watch it. The whole ex part was too contrived and I don't understand the point. The brothers were just posturing for the tv. They may have had real questions but they didn't want to give Ben a chance to answer. My thought watching it was that this killed Jojo's chance for lead and that's why she is likely f2.

I tried to figure out the preview but we need the SCs to get it straight. It's hard to tell which one other than Lauren receives an ILY.

Beany, we almost always agree!!! :yes:

Me three, loved your post also Nutty. ILOVEYOU -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 53 3806527698

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by limoncello Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:01 am

Okay, I'm gonna share my lengthy side of opinions:

-       I do believe Jojo was unaware of what the producers set up with her ex, however she agreed to go along with the plan - what a stupid thing to put the call with her ex on loud speakers. I know it’s necessary for the show and she was probably told to do so, but it makes everything much less genuine.
-       Her brothers were so over the top when she came to the house. All the kissing and hugging her whilst ignoring Ben. It was apparent, at least to me, that they were sticking to their unapproachable strict brothers role from the beginning. The whole welcoming thing looked so staged to me, I felt like they were trying to make the most of their moment on TV.
-       I do agree there’s nothing wrong with them asking Ben such questions, it’s what protective brothers do. But it was how they incorporated the "answers coaching" that made it obvious that they may as well have gone through that process before as well, thus making them less believable.
-       This ep made me wish he would send Jojo home, but I think he partly didn’t do so maybe to prove his brothers by “action” that he really likes her. But meeting her family was surely an eye-opener for him. No way she stood a chance after his visit at Lauren’s anymore.
-       Kinda wish Jojo becomes the ette just for her brothers watching HER brainwashing the guys, hah.

-       I’m on the side agreeing with Caila’s date going lovely. You could say Ben enjoyed that day based on exchanged kisses with Caila before getting into the car. To me she’s not a relatable person, but I could see the connection - not as strong as she describes it, but there’s some sense of peacefulness for him when they’re together.

-       It’s over, just admit it. With Lauren being the last HTD being taped, you could read from Ben’s face how relieved he was to see a heart warming family. His feelings towards her were more solidified by meeting the lovely siblings and level headed parents. I think one of the reasons why he cried was because after all the previous HTDs, he realized at that moment how at ease everything can be when it's the right person.. Best one was saved for last.

lastly, I think it’s pretty unnecessary to give negative comments on how all the families look like. Having things done, no chin or big foreheads. Seriously? I guess we are allowed to say these kinds of opinions, but I personally find it ridiculous.

all IMO
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Post by maryhse Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:28 am

Kashathediva wrote:Jeeeze did momma just drink straight from the wine bottle??? WTF

My favorite part of the night! I'd have two-fisted those bottles and yelled "call me when it's all over"...LOVED IT cantstopl
maryhse
maryhse

Female Posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:40 am

limoncello wrote:Okay, I'm gonna share my lengthy side of opinions:

-       I do believe Jojo was unaware of what the producers set up with her ex, however she agreed to go along with the plan - what a stupid thing to put the call with her ex on loud speakers. I know it’s necessary for the show and she was probably told to do so, but it makes everything much less genuine.
-       Her brothers were so over the top when she came to the house. All the kissing and hugging her whilst ignoring Ben. It was apparent, at least to me, that they were sticking to their unapproachable strict brothers role from the beginning. The whole welcoming thing looked so staged to me, I felt like they were trying to make the most of their moment on TV.
-       I do agree there’s nothing wrong with them asking Ben such questions, it’s what protective brothers do. But it was how they incorporated the "answers coaching" that made it obvious that they may as well have gone through that process before as well, thus making them less believable.
-       This ep made me wish he would send Jojo home, but I think he partly didn’t do so maybe to prove his brothers by “action” that he really likes her. But meeting her family was surely an eye-opener for him. No way she stood a chance after his visit at Lauren’s anymore.
-       Kinda wish Jojo becomes the ette just for her brothers watching HER brainwashing the guys, hah.

-       I’m on the side agreeing with Caila’s date going lovely. You could say Ben enjoyed that day based on exchanged kisses with Caila before getting into the car. To me she’s not a relatable person, but I could see the connection - not as strong as she describes it, but there’s some sense of peacefulness for him when they’re together.

-       It’s over, just admit it. With Lauren being the last HTD being taped, you could read from Ben’s face how relieved he was to see a heart warming family. His feelings towards her were more solidified by meeting the lovely siblings and level headed parents. I think one of the reasons why he cried was because after all the previous HTDs, he realized at that moment how at ease everything can be when it's the right person.. Best one was saved for last.

lastly, I think it’s pretty unnecessary to give negative comments on how all the families look like. Having things done, no chin or big foreheads. Seriously? I guess we are allowed to say these kinds of opinions, but I personally find it ridiculous.

all IMO

Luckily those types of personal opinions are definately allowed. IMO anyone who has extensive work done for cosmetic purposes invites that type of criticism. It is just magnified further by the decision to go on a tv show. I notice when people have had botox or injections because it makes them look ridiculous and unnatural (IMO).

It is a pet peeve of mine, so I don't mind sharing that opinion.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyala Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:24 am

Is it really allowed? Anyway, don't see any extensive work done explaining Laurens family members looks so I don't think its necessary to make jokes about them.

Miyala

Female Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:57 am

I am going to be out of town all day.... Redfacemad Anyway, has anyone looked at the previews to see what date it was where Ben said "I've been in love with you for a while"? THANKS!!!

I will be back scouring the board tonight!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:59 am

I have a questions I am hoping the mods can answer as I am also bothered by the negative comments about family.  I went back and read the rules about posting which talk about insulting and name calling not be allowed when talking about relatives who are not contestants themselves.    Can someone clarify what exactly that means in reference to this conversation?

Thanks

Last edited by eliza3 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:06 am

Miyala wrote:Is it really allowed? Anyway, don't see any extensive work done explaining Laurens family members looks so I don't think its necessary to make jokes about them.

Thank you for this post Miyala, I feel the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:08 am

nothatgirl wrote:Caught up with the episode.

- Amanda's kids were so cute! They kind of look like twins. She seems like a really good mother, for someone who is only 25. It does seem like she was a default F4, as her chemistry with Ben was so far behind the others. I wonder if the producers pushed that because they were originally interested in her as the 'ette.

- Lauren and Ben both seem great...but it still seems like infatuation to me! They both just speak in generic Hallmark sayings when describing each other and nothing seems too unique about their relationship. Kind of interesting that Lauren's sister said that Lauren has a tendency to fall fast in relationships too. Maybe that will work in their favor that both of them tend to do that.

- Caila's family were actually pretty great. Refreshingly normal and easy going for such a successful family. Kind of annoying how Caila kept rolling her eyes while her parents were talking and trying to shush them. I still can't buy her tears and "love confessions". And, grown women who call their parents "mommy and daddy" creep me out.

- OT, but the grammar on this show annoys me so much! Jojo, Ben -  don't use "I's" as a possessive of I; just say "my".

- Jojo's brothers seem WAY too close to her. They weren't lying when they said that they were "really, really, really attached" to her. Kind of creepy. Having said that...they were spot on. Maybe they were putting on an act for the cameras, but doesn't mean they were wrong. I loved them calling out Jojo when she was like "we've been on a TON of dates". Like, no, you've been on two dates with the guy. And, they were right - Ben's not as emotionally invested in Jojo as she's into him. I wish more family members would be like them, actually, instead of being like "no, he's totally in love with you! Ignore the fact that he looks bored out of his mind".

All, IMO!

:yes:  Ditto on all thoughts here. 

Overall I'm just glad HTD episode was back.  My favorite ep each season and sorely missed on Kaitlyn's season.  I still feel jipped out of Jared and/ or Cupcakes hometowns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:11 am

I am still in the minority because I see nothing wrong with what Jojo's brothers did. As we all know with the spoilers and all, they were right in their assessments.
Ben fell for Lauren and was only playing the part with the other girls. I am not knocking him as that is the premise of the show. And i also wont knock her brothers for calling him on his bullcrap. Even I could see he was feedng them rubbish. We saw how bachelor nz and bach aus reassured the families of their F1 when asked the difficult questions and Ben couldnt gove that to anyone excet Lauren's family. Good for Lauren's family but we cant blame the other families for reacting if they didnt get what they wanted.
The whole "I fell in lve with 2 women" story tptb has been selling is all to make Ben look good and maintan the "perfect ben" facade imo.
Ben's image mustnt take a dent is the order of the day.
He will dump Caila because he wasnt sure she could truly love so the fault lies wih caila and ben remains perfect.
He will dump jojo because he fell for her bit he is unsure she is ver her ex and she has not fully let go of her emotions and fall completley in love with him. The fault will also be jojo's and perfct ben still intact.
He chooses Lauren because she has been the only one who never made him doubt her feelings and not exprssed any reservations about him.
So all in all, its everyne else's fault that Ben didnt choose them.
What a joke.
Good luck to perfect Ben and like I always say....its never a loss to be rejected by anyone who didnt want you in the first place

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:19 am

Ignoring the spoilers.  My only "fear" (use that term very loosely) is that it's too obvious Lauren is the F1.  I am wondering if the reason MF loves this season so much is Ben was obviously all about Lauren.  Did he come out of pretty much no where and pick JojJo.  That would explain why they are so obvious about who the F1 is, the Mesnick references (besides his cries), and why MF loved this season.

I do see like and respect with JoJo as well but his eyes tell the story when he looks at Lauren.

Last edited by Tiggerlgh on Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 65 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 59 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+89
richmondrose
mysthelma
moonchild
jupi
Luvstruck
bl.air
bleuberry
Jolena
2observe
bilolo
Buckeye_Fan