SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 59 of 65 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILOVEYOU -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 59 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sosleepy Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:01 am

I don't know. Sometimes with chemistry and who you are attracted to- you can't fully explain it, especially at first. I met my husband over a decade ago. The night we first met- we certainly didn't know much about each other. But I developed a huge attraction and crush on him anyway. I think it probably took me a good while after that to really be able to articulate why I loved him more than other people. Maybe Lauren is just that girl for Ben.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

ILOVEYOU -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 59 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:18 am

I think this season TPTB did a crap job at editing and creating story lines. For the most part, imo, they seemed to have a good cast.
Some of the story lines have been more ridiculous than usual. I chalk that up to the fact the girls seemed to like each other a lot, creating less drama.
If there was a clear love match, perhaps a lot of chemistry and personality was left on the cutting room floor.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:32 am

Just watched and followed along in here. So many hilarious posts, I was on a liking spree. Seton, please keep posting laugh out loud.

Caila - Her hair is dreamy laugh out loud, stole her HTD. I still really like her, but a whole season of over-emoting and crying? Idk.

Amanda - Whatever, sweet girl, glad she didn't waste any more time away from her kids.

JoJo - Ugh. Such a dumb, fake HTD. Dad pacing in the background was funny. Exactly what I pictured her reality TV loving family to look like.

Lauren - Her and Ben still seem so forgettable to me, I want more. Though seeing Ben barely get a word in without tears was so sweet. She's the B'ette and he's totally trying to win her over. I will say that they seem like a perfect match so far! He seemed to take her HTD seriously, more so than the others, felt like he was meeting his future in laws.

ILOVEYOU -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 59 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:49 am

Bet2Win wrote:I think what I'm missing is why Ben likes her so much.   As in why her?  The rest of the girls seem equally nice, pretty, caring.  And if I'm being shallow, she does have a really big forehead.  

I haven't seen anything that differentiates her from the rest of the pack, and maybe that's why she doesn't give some the warm fuzzies.

I like Ben, I've really enjoyed him as the lead.  

Maybe she's his "person"? Hugesmile   I can kind of see it even though she's a quiet gal and I tend to like the more outgoing, snarky people. I do think she's very pretty and seems sweet and can see her with Ben more than the other 3. I really wish they'd shown more of their dates instead of some of the drama so we could see what he sees.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15325

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:59 am

MVMom39forever wrote:^^^Well the children at the youth center in Warsaw sure seemed to like her and she was equal opportunity in playing with them.

I just don't see what you see whatsoever. She seems super kicked back and happy in flannel to me.

I don't know Lauren personally, but based on her IG she has a tight bond with her family, a best friend relationship with her sister who appears to look up to her and close friends for several years that are close to the family.

On the show she seems to have made friends with many of the other women who follow her on Twitter and IG including Leah who commented "love you boo" on Lauren's post about forgiveness.

Lauren appeared to have made a great impression on Ben's friends during filming enough for them to continue following her still. Those kids at the youth center were surrounding her and the teen girls were chatty from the behind the scenes local tv footage.

Whatever it is that she has, it's good enough for those around her and those who met her.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:22 am

Bet2Win wrote:I think what I'm missing is why Ben likes her so much.   As in why her?  The rest of the girls seem equally nice, pretty, caring.  And if I'm being shallow, she does have a really big forehead.  

I haven't seen anything that differentiates her from the rest of the pack, and maybe that's why she doesn't give some the warm fuzzies.

I like Ben, I've really enjoyed him as the lead.  

If I were to tick boxes what I think Ben is looking in a woman, Lauren ticks all the boxes for him. She's tight with her family, who all seemed down to earth and nice. They share same faith and beliefs. She doesn't have an ex hanging up on her, she freely expresses her feelings for Ben. She's kind, cute and adorable and drama free. Also 'the world stopped' when Ben saw her the first time.

Amanda has 2 kids, Ben isn't ready for that. JoJo has the ex factor and very unwelcoming family. Caila seems to have hang ups what she actually wants in a relationship and isn't ready for one.

Within the short time frame of this show, these unticked boxes become huge. In Ben's spot, I would also navigate toward Lauren, she seems his perfect fit as far I can see.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:38 am

Ladybug82 wrote:I took Lauren's "my person" reference as a nod at the well used phrase from Grey's Anatomy.  I took her to have meant like a best friend can't live without you type relationship, how Christina and Meridith used it.  Or even similar to the Friends "he's your lobster" meant for each other, true love (Ross and Rachel) reference. I didn't see her meaning as an entitlement.  JMOAA.

:yes:  That comment made me feel like I related to her and her feelings for Ben so much more.  My fave thing she's said about him.  I agree with some posts upthread that she doesn't give me the warm fuzzies, has a boring edit and she and Ben are  bit forgettable to me, but I do like them and think they are nice, normal, good people so I do hope they are each other's person.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:13 am

Kashathediva wrote:I think this season TPTB did a crap job at editing and creating story lines. For the most part, imo, they seemed to have a good cast.
Some of the story lines have been more ridiculous than usual. I chalk that up to the fact the girls seemed to like each other a lot, creating less drama.
If there was a clear love match, perhaps a lot of chemistry and personality was left on the cutting room floor.
Yes this ^. They have actually ruined this show for me. Rolling Eyes  I'm super unimpressed. 
I will try again with Bachelorette.  :fingersarecrossed
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by bl.air Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:23 am

I find myself liking F2 and F3 less and less as the weeks go by. From Caila's weird and confusing convo in the Bahamas to Jojo's super fake and scripted HTD, eh.

One of the sweetest moment of the night was when Amanda saw her babies again and was crying. That was precious. Her children are so beautiful. But yeah, you can spot Ben's terrified face a mile away after they left the beach.

I think seeing Caila's parents and seeing a bit more of that part of her life explains why she is the way she is. She's the princess of her family, have been all of her life. I just don't really buy into her overemotional moments over Ben. I think she came off a lot more genuine and likable in the earlier episodes.

I thought it was glaringly obvious that Ben was super nervous about meeting Lauren's family, like when they were walking to the steps he was so nervous, which was something I didn't see with the other girls. Then again I might be biased laugh out loud. You can tell that Lauren's family is just close and tight-knit and that the chill attitude runs in the family. They were all so chill, even when her father was "grilling" Ben.

The conversation between Mollie and Ben, I mean he freaking cried. Game over, wrap it up people. He cried talking about how wonderful Lauren is. Need we say more about how far gone this guy is over her? It'd be the biggest upset of the century and the biggest twist if Lauren doesn't end up becoming f1. When Lauren was talking to her father, she was gushing over Ben but I saw her just closed up when her father started laying the reality of the situation on her, like how there are other women left.

And as for Jojo, the whole scripted appearance of Chad turned me off from the whole date. And meeting her family didn't change my view of the date. I don't think Ben with his tight-knit, mid-western upbringing would fit in well with Jojo and her family very much. The whole time I was thinking "wow, if ABC execs offers the family their own reality show right on the spot, they would not hesitate to take it."

bl.air

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:46 am

bl.air wrote:

snipped....

And as for Jojo, the whole scripted appearance of Chad turned me off from the whole date. And meeting her family didn't change my view of the date. I don't think Ben with his tight-knit, mid-western upbringing would fit in well with Jojo and her family very much. The whole time I was thinking "wow, if ABC execs offers the family their own reality show right on the spot, they would not hesitate to take it."

The bolded is exactly what I was thinking! It is as if the whole family was auditioning...JoJo as the next bette, her brother Ben as the next bachelor and the whole family as the newer version of the Kardashians...hoping that at least one would stick.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:47 am

As an aside, did anyone else notice that during the scene with JoJo and the roses, when she is upset and walks into the kitchen, there are no dishes in the cupboards, just a few vases, etc on the shelf. The glass cupboards are completely empty. So to me that is not JoJo's apartment she was in. If not, then how did Chad know where to drop off the flowers? Total setup!

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epKu2D6E_NU starts at 4:16

eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:18 am

eliza3 wrote:As an aside, did anyone else notice that during the scene with JoJo and the roses, when she is upset and walks into the kitchen, there are no dishes in the cupboards, just a few vases, etc on the shelf.    The glass cupboards are completely empty.   So to me that is not JoJo's apartment she was in.  If not, then how did Chad know where to drop off the flowers?  Total setup!

source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epKu2D6E_NU   starts at 4:16

Thanks for posting that video... Its even funnier the second time around giggling

And your right, not her place at all, and totally scripted soliliquay (sp)? Delivered by Lauren .... Wonder how long they gave to rehearse laugh out loud

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 65 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 8 - HTD - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+89
richmondrose
mysthelma
moonchild
jupi
Luvstruck
bl.air
bleuberry
Jolena
2observe
bilolo
Buckeye_Fan