SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 75 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 21, 2016 9:45 pm

BohemianNika wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
BohemianNika wrote:You might be onto something. I just went and gave her book 5 stars on Amazon, although I never review books there.  I'm having a very childish moment :uptonogood

I'm curious, did you read the book?

Bought it and read it. Not a 5 star read, I would give it probably 3,5. But after I saw the witch hunt of Amazon reviews, I went with 5.

Interesting.
I usually review a book (when I review one which is rare) as I see it vs how others see it. Just me.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 75 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by umngirl Sat May 21, 2016 9:52 pm

I'm still try to wrap my head around Andi's excuse for not returning to law was because Josh basically told her she couldn't. All her actions since then just make this completely laughable.

Last edited by umngirl on Sat May 21, 2016 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 75 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 75 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 75 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Sat May 21, 2016 10:23 pm

umngirl wrote:I'm still try to wrap my head around Andi's accuse for not returning to law was because Josh basically told her she couldn't. All her actions since then just make this completely laughable.

Exactly! That was another big contradiction. In one breath she said #26 was what kept her from going back because he wanted to be the main breadwinner and thought it was "selfish" of her, but then in the next breath she says she had no desire to go back to working 60+ hours/week making only 56k a year when she had other "better" opportunities due to the show. Even in recent interviews she still says she worked hard for her law degree, it will always be there and she could go back whenever she wanted. If #26 had really held her back (which I don't believe) why didn't she go back to a law career shortly after her breakup? If not in Georgia she could have taken the bar exam in a different state to practice. The fact is, she doesn't appear to have any desire to go back to law anytime soon.

To me this is just another example of her twisting "her" truth to make #26 appear the bad guy and justify her own actions.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Sat May 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Joshswife wrote:I think he's back to subtweeting her... He retweeted Forbes...Genuine people treat everyone with respect because they believe they’re no better than them
Josh posted an article...

1. Genuine people don’t try to make people like them
2. They don’t pass judgment
3. They forge their own paths
4. They are generous
5. They treat everyone with respect
6. They aren’t motivated by material things
7. They are trustworthy
8. They are thick-skinned
9. They put away their phones
10. They aren’t driven by ego
11. They aren’t hypocrites
12. They don’t brag

Do these traits describe Andi  question

...not so much JMO

http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbradberry/2016/05/10/12-habits-of-genuine-people/2/#7ee23c437e11

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun May 22, 2016 12:58 am

BohemianNika wrote:Interesting fact - 66% of the 5 stars reviews are from users with verified purchase and only 44% of 1 star reviews are from users with verified purchase.

CMIIW but this number is solely relating to reviews (comments) posted by verified purchasers and not star ratings - which means the total amount of star ratings of 1 star by possible verified purchasers could be more in total % than the 5 star. I tried to see if I could isolate only the star ratings by verified purchases and only was able to do so for reviews.

That being said, even in regards to the reviews, as BL posted, many of those 1 star reviews (so comments) posted could be from those using Audible via free trial so they may have read/listened to the book but not shown up as verified purchases so at IMO it's hard to state what is "fact" since it is unknown if people rating the book (so not reviewing it) are verified purchasers or not.

I find it telling that there are so many 1 star ratings for Andi's book in comparison to Courtney or Emily's books which have many 5 star ratings in comparison so Andi's book is definitely not being received as well, imo. I think that speaks for itself.  :yes:

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun May 22, 2016 1:02 am

I tried and given up. I lasted about 1/3 of the way through her book before giving up. I'd give this a 1 star rating as well.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 75 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 75 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 75 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun May 22, 2016 1:41 am

umngirl wrote:I'm still try to wrap my head around Andi's accuse for not returning to law was because Josh basically told her she couldn't. All her actions since then just make this completely laughable.

No one has stopped Andi from returning to law for the past year so her excuse/reason is just a lie.
If she really wanted to do law and some guy was holding her back well the only person stopping her now is herself.
It's things like that that makes Andi's book "Not Okay".

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Sun May 22, 2016 3:58 am

AllAboutLove wrote:

No one has stopped Andi from returning to law for the past year so her excuse/reason is just a lie.
If she really wanted to do law and some guy was holding her back well the only person stopping her now is herself.

jmo

My impression of Josh supposedly telling her not to return to law was that her particular area of law practice (gangs) wasn't safe....not to not return to law altogether. She did say at some point that Josh was impressed that she was a lawyer....It all was so vague and contradictory (the whole book) that the "truth" was hard to discern.

Last edited by sparkler on Sun May 22, 2016 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun May 22, 2016 4:00 am

sparkler wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:

jmo

My impression of Josh supposedly telling her not to return to law was that her particular area of law practice (gangs) wasn't safe....not to not return to law altogether. She did say at some point that Josh thought it was cool that she was a lawyer....It all was so vague and contradictory (the whole book) that the "truth" was hard to discern.

Not surprising since "truth" and "Andi" are two words that don't belong together.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by traveler90 Sun May 22, 2016 10:13 am

I'm halfway through with reading the book right now and it's dragging on and on... It's horrible.. I'm no fan of her writing style, it's full of clichées, contradictions, and I hate, hate, hate fashion referrences and her book is full of it. (lying to #26 about sleeping with #25 is like buying new Louboutin's with her daddy's money instead of a meal and waiting for the lie to be uncovered). It's cringe-worthy.
It's also apparent that she is very insecure, all about her image, and a materialist. (the only reason she didn't burn a pair of Prada shoes and a Celiné bag aren't due to fond memories with #26 but because it would be a sacrilege to burn something like this Rolling Eyes ) I'm loosing quite a few brain cells while reading this. Although, yesterday, it did put me to sleep quite easily giggling but I'm ashamed to say that I had nightmares where my life was over and I was all alone and bitter. All thanks to this book, which is so full of negativity and pessimism that I can't imagine how anyone wants to spend time with her or finds this book helpful. And how can someone be a good friend if he is constantly putting himself (and others) down. She's not good at dancing, yoga, swimming, school... The list goes on and on... (and that are her words not mine).
I also don't like how much she swears in the book. If I'd get one penny for every curse she utters, I'd earn quite a bit of money.
And don't get me started on her lists... Breakup playlist, doe's and dont's after a break up, and the lessons learned after each chapter (when in doubt, add more lighter fluid - when she is burning all the stuff of #26 bar the Celiné bag and Prada shoes).
The book is clearly meant to be read by teenage girls, no one else could believe that these breakup advises could be helpful at all. I think so because she mentions how Selena Gomez is going to wear the same dress as her, how Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars is sitting a row behind her on the plane and how many times she says that Jennifer Lawrence is her idol. Why a 29-year-old needs an idol (who is also younger than her) puzzles me... scratch
I think it's really sad that she got reduced to this. Once a lawyer and now she's just a joke. I expected so much more from the book, at least in stlye (I mean a lawyer has to be elloquent, right? question ) Instead I got dull and stupid, she really comes across as stupid.
I don't know if I will be able to finish this book but I thought I'd give you all a glimpse of her writing style while sparing you the need to read this crap. I think it all has been said about the content and I agree with everything that has been said above.
traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 22, 2016 10:23 am

Thanks @traveler90 and to all of those who have been taking the time to share with us! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun May 22, 2016 10:36 am

traveler90 wrote: ~ snipped
The book is clearly meant to be read by teenage girls, no one else could believe that these breakup advises could be helpful at all. I think so because she mentions how Selena Gomez is going to wear the same dress as her, how Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars is sitting a row behind her on the plane and how many times she says that Jennifer Lawrence is her idol. Why a 29-year-old needs an idol (who is also younger than her) puzzles me... scratch
I think it's really sad that she got reduced to this. Once a lawyer and now she's just a joke.  

Thank you @traveler90 and other posters for the details. The bolded - IMO - sums this up very well. To borrow a hashtag from Charming Chad R., it's #marketing101.
Identify target audience, provide product they like in a style they like at a price they can afford. Done, done and done.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

+81
BohemianNika
lipsis
Newto
MiniDiva
sdmom