SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 53 of 71 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 62 ... 71  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 53 Empty Re: Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by notarose Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:23 am

ukglasgowkiiss wrote:
happygolucky wrote:Beagle ... IA, but also I have my doubts ... if there is no relationship ... wouldn't he be more vocal about her, as he always was about the girls he didn't "end up with"?

Also ... "strong personality" doesn't equal strong character ... and the women Nick was often attracted to were strong personalities of very insecure women with weak character, who choose to mask their own insecurities and complexes with very debatable behaviour and attitude towards people - IMO.

I hope he got the message and that he understands the difference now, because I'm sure life is exciting with those women on a rollercoaster of emotions, but for a balanced relationship ... with Nick ... it's just a trouble in waiting. We'll see. I have my hopes up. In other case, it's his trouble to deal with.

Totally agree with all of this, nail on the head imo. Those who shout the loudest etc... The Nick Jen connection from the limited screen time I have seen so far seems a lot more equal in the sense that both have a quiet and reserved approach to each other at first. Not that it seemed to take long to get from that to outright flirting and kissing. I think Nick excels at analysing the dynamics of people and relationships which is why he is so great on Afterbuzz and at dissecting each episode. It will be interesting to see how he interviews after tomorrows episode is shown, as that will be his opportunity to discuss Jen's character and how he felt at the time. Maybe he'll avoid talking about that in case of spoilers, it must be so hard not to give spoilers and to talk about someone if you are/ are not in a relationship. The fact there was so little footage shown of their first date makes me also hopeful that the editors are holding it back so there is more of a build up to a successful romance. Finger crossed for happiness all round. Cannot wait to see next episode. :sprinklehearts

Their date - they kayaked.  This was shown in an early preview with them wearing the same swimwear and Nick is in shallow water so that may be how they travelled from the yacht to the beach.  I think they also went swimming as in 1 of the convo clips the bottom half of Jen's hair is wet. It was a full day of activity and convo. Don't think dolphin stuff was included giggling
A fair amount of their date was shown - more than Nick's other 2 dates. Everyone's dates except Carly/Evan, Jared/Caila, and this one have been shorter I think.  The edit focused, in about equal measure, on conversations and sexual attraction.  It showed how relaxed they were when the crabs invaded.  Jen is definitely not dramatic.  IMO the edit was as is to convey they communicate in a similiar manner: direct, intense, subtly playful, attentive.
At the RC, Nick & Jen are shown kissing in a preview (same shirt as the one he wore talking with Ash about Jared).  It might be shown tomorrow.  That will be Jen's first RC.

I also noticed that when Jen appeared and sat down to meet the group Nick covered his mouth with his hand which is something he has done in past shows to keep himself in check.  He was being awkward - blurting out things.  When they had their talk, before she decided who to take on her date, the edit showed his chest rising and falling twice. The only time I've seen this before is in Bette when Andi came to his room to break up.  This says to me that his initial reaction to Jen was much stronger than he anticipated. I'm going out on a limb and saying this might have been Nick's first experience of something akin to love at first sight. On previous shows he always downplayed things (plenty of examples).  Having always scrutinized him much too closely for sanity, I'm taking what I think I know and saying Jen's arrival was very impactful to him. I think she was observant and noticed.   I also noticed that she led most of the conversation.  He may have been a little speechless because he's usual very much the one to manage the narrative or he was less interested. Now that their first date has gone well, it will be fun to see how he settles in. Let the intrigue continue  Hugesmile

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I felt Nick conducted himself like a typical 35 year old and that Jen being 10 years his junior was inconsequential compared to his first 2 dates. Leah appeared much younger and IMO the Amanda date reminded me of a high school date even though Amanda is fairly mature.

In real time, Jen came in quite late during filming.  Not sure how many days that would have been before the couples have to decide on an engagement. Would it be a week & 1/2?  2 weeks?

Last edited by notarose on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:38 am; edited 2 times in total

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 53 Empty Re: Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by happygolucky Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:57 am

NR ... amazing observation ... yeah, the hand covering the mouth is such a Nick move to "compose" ... he was pretty "shy" ... completely smitten ... taken aback maybe ... I've enjoyed it, maybe too much.
As far as filming, I'm not sure if I remember correctly and have no idea where I read this, but that it might be just 18 days in total? ... don't take me for word.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:02 am

Moved from the Fan forum.

ukglasgowkiiss wrote:Mods please delete this if it's too off topic. I just can't see any other thread I can post it on.as season still hasn't aired in the UK & I was a bit curious I stupidly just watched Nick & Kaitlyn last few episodes for first time including nick's amazing proposal. As such a nick fan since andi's season onwards I am enraged by how this played out and how immature and despicable imo kaitlyns behaviour towards him. I know happily things hv changed and he is well rid of her imo. What upset me the most was seeing how kind he was when she hurt him and that shows how amazingly strong and eloquent this man is even at the very worst of moments.  If I had been him I would hv lost my temper so much and been shouting and swearing at her. Also at the final rose he says that those words of his proposal were meant for the one & no longer for her, such a beautiful thing to place so much value on that intention and reserving it for his person. The best revenge is living well I beleive. I know Nick has long since moved on from that but i am so relieved on his behalf that he didn't end up with that type of selfish person imo. *Edit*Back to real love.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Last night I got around to listening both that podcast with Juliet Litman and After Buzz and when I first saw both for almost an hour long I wasn't sure I would be able to listen to both last night but then they both went by so fast because I was so interested in listening to Nick's take re his life/bachelorette/BIP experience. His candid yet thoughtful musings just hooked me in as usual.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:30 pm

IA @MonicaJM2001 He's IMO an all around balanced guy. He own's up to his shortcomings, he's honest in his opinions and he tries to be sensitive when anything negative is said. For example, he took his time to explain what he thought about Jared. Had a lot of positive things to say but wanted to also mention he needs to just speak up, paraphrasing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:51 am

MonicaJM2001 wrote:Last night I got around to listening both that podcast with Juliet Litman and After Buzz and when I first saw both for almost an hour long I wasn't sure I would be able to listen to both last night but then they both went by so fast because I was so interested in listening to Nick's take  re his life/bachelorette/BIP experience. His candid yet thoughtful musings just hooked me in as usual.
Snap, me too. The podcast was very interesting and as candid as I hv ever heard him be especially when he explains how he saw the content in andis book. It amazes me he would want to speak in such detail about the sex bit, but honest as ever. Also wish there had been time for him to go into the other stuff in andis book about him as sounded like he would have if interview hadn't wrapped. Was a bit disheartened by the ending though when interviewer clearly doesn't beleive he found love on paradise, I wonder if he was pulling a face or something when he answered the last question. Also think he says something like -Jen is a great girl- which didn't sound to me like how you would describe anyone you were still seeing, even if you were trying to avoid spoilers. Will hv to listen again tho & try and decipher. BIP tonight tho, whooooop. hearthumbsup
ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:10 am

In every interview he has given the host discounts the possibility that he could be in a relationship and just skips ahead to asking him if would be the next bachelor or some such. His response always reframes back to the show and possibly having found love. I mean, his first date with a love interest has just happened yet it is being viewed as a nothing.
His showmances keep getting defined by spoilers. Nothing new Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 53 3806527698

I think his response to Juliet was that Jen is an amazing woman. He didn't elaborate.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:31 am

ukglasgowkiiss wrote:
MonicaJM2001 wrote:Last night I got around to listening both that podcast with Juliet Litman and After Buzz and when I first saw both for almost an hour long I wasn't sure I would be able to listen to both last night but then they both went by so fast because I was so interested in listening to Nick's take  re his life/bachelorette/BIP experience. His candid yet thoughtful musings just hooked me in as usual.
    Snap, me too. The podcast was very interesting and as candid as I hv ever heard him be especially when he explains how he saw the content in andis book. It amazes me he would want to speak in such detail about the sex bit, but honest as ever. Also wish there had been time for him to go into the other stuff in andis book about him as sounded like he would have if interview hadn't wrapped.  Was a bit disheartened by the ending though when interviewer clearly doesn't beleive he found love on paradise, I wonder if he was pulling a face or something when he answered the last question. Also think he says something like -Jen is a great girl- which didn't sound to me like how you would describe anyone you were still seeing, even if you were trying to avoid spoilers.  Will hv to listen again tho & try and decipher.  BIP tonight tho, whooooop. hearthumbsup

What did he say about the contents of Andi's book?
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:43 am

Kels0012 wrote:
ukglasgowkiiss wrote:
    Snap, me too. The podcast was very interesting and as candid as I hv ever heard him be especially when he explains how he saw the content in andis book. It amazes me he would want to speak in such detail about the sex bit, but honest as ever. Also wish there had been time for him to go into the other stuff in andis book about him as sounded like he would have if interview hadn't wrapped.  Was a bit disheartened by the ending though when interviewer clearly doesn't beleive he found love on paradise, I wonder if he was pulling a face or something when he answered the last question. Also think he says something like -Jen is a great girl- which didn't sound to me like how you would describe anyone you were still seeing, even if you were trying to avoid spoilers.  Will hv to listen again tho & try and decipher.  BIP tonight tho, whooooop. hearthumbsup

What did he say about the contents of Andi's book?

Jumping in with what I remember. Juliet asked him about what was written about him in the book as she hadn't read it. The only part he really brought up was the FS situation he essentially said:

1. Andi said that their experience was the most awkward sexual encounter - which he kind of laughed about - and joked what a ego killer
2. He explained that they had played the this or that game throughout his time on the show (or near the end) so he asked in the FS if you had four times would you rather make love or f***
3. He said his answer was three times f*** and one time make love - I think based on his answer and the book Andi said "make love"
4. He said that they had a conversion about f***ing and making love and were in agreement that they were making love or something - which Juliet mentioned that is really interesting knowing what you said AFTR and it makes more sense now.
5. He basically said that while that particular incident happened she left other stuff out
6. He didn't think she was as repulsed as she indicated in the booked based on how the rest of the night went
7. He didn't think the question was that controversial as he stated he is looking for a partner for life and their sexual preferences/compatibility etc were obviously important

He also said the only thing he regretted about the show (both Bachelorette seasons and BIP) was asking Andi on the AFTR the infamous question, because of all the heat she received which he did not think she deserved

He also said that Andi's personality and looks are very much his type (he also mentioned JoJo as well).

Kind of OT - but he also spoke about Shawn and indicated how even though he really frustrated him he realized after the fact how much he respected him. As all the things he did/acted were out of an intense love of Kaitlyn
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:54 am

^^ sbolduc, thanks so much for the summary.
I wonder about what happened 'the rest of the night' and what other stuff she 'left out.' hmmm
It's interesting to me that he still says Andi's personality is very much his type.
(I know he said it, but...) I find it confusing given the way she treated him. no idea
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:23 pm

I have my theory on the type of people that Nick's attracted to (romantically or just for friendship) ... and that he tends to prefer people with much "unbalanced" characters, with more pronounced traits, who express themselves in good or bad, but are daring to make mistakes (not the same as knowing the mistake they are making), because he likes the excitement in overcoming those differences ... and if everything is peachy he gets bored. Also he tends to be that "other person", the one who actually can go along with everyone, who is a mediator, who is very open to let other people take the lead as long it's challenging for him too, so my guess is that he prefers people who are different or opposite of him. That doesn't exclude the friendship and respect he has for people similar to him (like Ben H., Jared, Caila, Sarah, to name some ...) but those people don't attract him and don't make him curious ... so it doesn't lead to any romantic feelings. In order to feel something more he needs to be intrigued, curious to discover something unknown or face differences that can help him improve and grow. - IMHO

As for this episode, sadly we haven't seen much of Nick&Jen ... but that's a good thing for the couple ... since not showing us any "new material" means there was nothing "juicy" to show ... they are at the stage of getting to know each other more personally and those conversations tend to be not so TV-entertaining, since TPTB only shows the crucial moments of "mad love" or "harsh-reality face-off" ... and Nick&Jen haven't come to that yet. But it means they're just fine. I would be bumped in case we only got to see them together again at the finale with FS day, that would suck, but I remember Tanner&Jade got their story obscured on the expense of all the drama among the others.

Nick being shown as "the voice of reason" this season is very interesting ... it might be just because he is one of more eloquently spoken people there and who has no reservations expressing himself ... but I do occasionally get nervous with the media questioning the possibility of him being the next bachelor.
I hope it's rather the opposite ... that he is in a relationship and that the decision to not get engaged on the show was most reasonable one.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:27 pm

Did Nick actually say something about this Jared/AshleyI situation being confusing for Caila? I speed watched the episode, FF through it mostly, but I thought he said something like that.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 71 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 62 ... 71  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+82
suzq
Mommyof2
Litta123
Seabear
Nonina430