SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Page 20 of 47 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 20 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by suzq Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:26 pm

I saw it as pressure to get Heather to stay. There was no way that production and the network was going to let Heather leave the marriage right after the honeymoon -- she signed a contract and legally couldn't totally back out now. She not only got legally bond in marriage to this stranger, but was also contractually bound to the production company and network. I honestly feel like she wanted to be done with it during the honeymoon, but her hands were tied. They had a TV show to make and they can't do "the experiment" with just two couples. If Heather didn't play ball so to speak as much as they wanted her to -- they could give her a harsh edit. Derek may have been forced to let go of his 'habit" for the rest of the time by production and not really because he wanted to at all -- that is something that we just won't know the answer to.

suzq

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 20 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:32 pm

Doesn't she bail next week though? I thought they didn't make it through the 6 weeks. I thought the pastor was aggressive but it was to get her to make a decision on if she wanted to continue, She was saying I'm tired and need some space, but his point was this is marriage, either you try or you don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:38 pm

Max64 wrote:Doesn't she bail next week though?  I thought they didn't make it through the 6 weeks.    I thought the pastor was aggressive but it was to get her to make a decision on if she wanted to continue,   She was saying I'm tired and need some space, but his point was this is marriage, either you try or you don't.  
Exactly!!!
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:45 pm

suzq wrote:I saw it as pressure to get Heather to stay.  There was no way that production and the network was going to let Heather leave the marriage right after the honeymoon -- she signed a contract and legally couldn't totally back out now.  She not only got legally bond in marriage to this stranger, but was also contractually bound to the production company and network.  I honestly feel like she wanted to be done with it during the honeymoon, but her hands were tied.  They had a TV show to make and they can't do "the experiment" with just two couples. If Heather didn't play ball so to speak as much as they wanted her to -- they could give her a harsh edit.  Derek may have been forced to let go of his 'habit" for the rest of the time by production and not really because he wanted to at all -- that is something that we just won't know the answer to.    

ITA. couldnt have said it better ! . in fact, i thin they already did that - re:giving her a bitchy edit by editing out the part where D was highlighted with pot issues...duh..

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:23 pm

suzq wrote:I saw it as pressure to get Heather to stay.  There was no way that production and the network was going to let Heather leave the marriage right after the honeymoon -- she signed a contract and legally couldn't totally back out now.  She not only got legally bond in marriage to this stranger, but was also contractually bound to the production company and network.  I honestly feel like she wanted to be done with it during the honeymoon, but her hands were tied.  They had a TV show to make and they can't do "the experiment" with just two couples. If Heather didn't play ball so to speak as much as they wanted her to -- they could give her a harsh edit.  Derek may have been forced to let go of his 'habit" for the rest of the time by production and not really because he wanted to at all -- that is something that we just won't know the answer to.
How was the Pastor "pressuring" Heather when she was already legally/contractually bound under contract? Why is the Pastor being blamed for Heather's position???? First it's Derek and now it's the Pastor. Hmmm.....hmmm
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:39 pm

They aren't bound by contract to live together, are they? That is what stage they were at as of return to Miami from PR ... whether to film them talking about where to live together, etc. I think it would be unconscionable/unenforceable to do this ... longstanding legal doctrines would kick in.

You can't force an opera singer to sing ... you can just collect damages caused by a refusal to sing. That's the paradigmatic law school case anyway.

She has complete free will to break any agreement she wants. She just might have to pay damages ... usually via arbitration ... very low risk on her facts of forcing her cohabit with someone who used illegal drugs? Even Kinetic wouldn't do that IMO.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:42 pm

jlccaz wrote:They aren't bound by contract to live together, are they?  That is what stage they were at as of return to Miami from PR ... whether to film them talking about where to live together, etc.  I think it would be unconscionable/unenforceable to do this ... longstanding legal doctrines would kick in.

You can't force an opera singer to sing ... you can just collect damages caused by a refusal to sing.  That's the paradigmatic law school case anyway.

She has complete free will to break any agreement she wants.  She just might have to pay damages ... usually via arbitration ... very low risk on her facts of forcing her cohabit with someone who used illegal drugs?  Even Kinetic wouldn't do that IMO.
These are the reasons why I don't understand why Heather didn't just say she wanted out and be done with it. Why sleep on it when you know that you really don't want to work on the marriage? Just pay the damages when sued.
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:31 pm

The damages could be high. And your reputation is in the swing.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:05 am

jlccaz wrote:The damages could be high.  And your reputation is in the swing.
Heather must not have read her contract thoroughly or did not understand what she was getting into before agreeing to do the Show.
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by jupitercornflakes Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:16 am

2observe wrote:
Heather must not have read her contract thoroughly or did not understand what she was getting into before agreeing to do the Show.

If the contract contains a provision that a couple not split before 6 weeks are up, I question how well that would hold up in court.

jupitercornflakes

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:01 am

jupitercornflakes wrote:
2observe wrote:

If the contract contains a provision that a couple not split before 6 weeks are up, I question how well that would hold up in court.

IA You can't make someone stay under every circumstance. What if they're in danger?

I'm thinking that Heather was likely being pushed to continue the marriage behind the scenes. I can't imagine they wanted to lose a couple so early in the season.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by MAFSMinority Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:23 am

Max64 wrote:Doesn't she bail next week though?  I thought they didn't make it through the 6 weeks.    

Apparently not true.  I posted earlier that the TV Guide synopsis 2 weeks from this episode mentions that they continue to struggle with their relationship.  No way they're stretching out a split that long.

As for why Heather didn't quit, I have speculation that this segment was extremely heavily edited.  I believe the producers would have been involved, and told her she could leave legally, but there would be ramifications in doing so.  Whether those could theoretically include damages or threatening to edit the show to make her appear horrible are unknown, but possible. They put the pressure on her, and that's why she said she needed to go home and think about it (leaving vs ramifications of doing so). Then they edited out any pressure from their side. You notice you never once got a single shot of the pastor's question and her response - it was ALWAYS a cut scene between cameras. It helps explain the tears more than simply frustration at her situation.

I understand Derek's position, and aside from his poorly timed outburst during the meeting, actually felt for the guy this week.  Right or wrong in his actions, he doesn't understand that his honeymoon behavior really upset her, and reacts to a bad situation in the worst way he could without being physical.  People can blame Heather for being shallow, cruel, quick to make snap judgments, or whatever, but it cannot be argued that she is simply not happy with the arrangement, and it didn't take her long to establish that this wasn't going to work for her.  I will reiterate that if Derek had taken the Nick approach of staying calm, and giving her time to settle down and think before discussing it, she may have been more open to giving it a chance than reacting the way he ultimately did.
MAFSMinority
MAFSMinority

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 47 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

+55
RoxyDoxy
gurlbrit
Pia1
kristlkrost
Lucas15