SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Page 8 of 47 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 8 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by Ruqibabe Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:05 pm

http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/heather-and-derek-go-surfing

http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/heather-and-derek-talk-to-pastor-calvin

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 8 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by Gumbo Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:34 pm

Whistler wrote:
MAFSMinority wrote:
His reaction to her was WAY over the top, and indicative of a person on weed too.  My brother-in-law had to stay with us a couple of summers ago, and he's a major user.  I've seen "pothead" behavior in many people I've worked with or otherwise known over the years, but living with it confirmed it.  When confronted about the addiction, there's anger, redirection of blame, sketchy justifications, and trying to turn it around against the accuser.  In short, a total unwillingness to accept responsibility.  Look at Derek.  He stormed off in anger more than once, said his smoking was less a problem than her drinking, passed it off as "it's my vacation, I don't do this at home", and then got nasty with personal shots at her never going to find a partner.  I don't recall once him saying maybe it was a mistake to light up every morning after he found out how strong her feelings were against it.

FANTASTIC post, MAFSMinority!! I found especially the above a very enlightening perspective.

Their fighting was all SO unnecessary. Be rational and use common sense! Don't escalate the problem. You say you have a problem with the drinking, and you say you have a problem with smoking pot. We both, however, state we want to make this marriage work. Temporarily, at least then, for the sake of our new marriage and wanting to please the other and not "take me as I am or else," let's agree to completely abstain from alcohol and any smoking until we are on better understanding with each other.  At LEAST, call up the experts who are available to them at any time during this whole time and get some quick counseling for this.

Again, welcome, MAFSMinority!! yes  And never apologize for a long post . . . We LIKE those! :gotcha:

I find it very interesting that they both throw the word "compromise" around, but neither one has asked the question, "Okay, how can we compromise?  Let's set some ground rules."  I'm hoping the experts will intervene soon!

Gumbo

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:39 am

Ruqibabe wrote:http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/heather-and-derek-go-surfing

http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/heather-and-derek-talk-to-pastor-calvin

I can't view the links, out of the USA. Judging by the title of the link, is this recent that Heather and Derek go surfing and what do they talk to the Pastor about? TYIA

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:43 am

Ruqibabe wrote:http://www.fyi.tv/shows/married-at-first-sight/videos/heather-and-derek-go-surfing

6u
I wonder what happened first, the talk with the pastor or the surfing lesson?
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:44 am

2observe wrote:

6u

I would say the surfing is first since Derek mentioned to the pastor that heather held hands with the surf instructor and that upset him (he also mentioned that in the surf video)
At this point, they are not doing well, it's hard to say if they can turn it around....
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:13 am

Ruqibabe wrote:
jlccaz wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:

I don't think they moved in together. They were done after the honeymoon. Based on my observation from the preview and word on the street

This is what was leaked, and what seems right from circumstantial evidence about post-"experiment" filming venues, tenses, etc.  Derek's comments are always in the vein of faulting Heather for rushing to judgment, etc., which I interpreted as a "meta-" over-arching comment indicating that she bolted before the 6 weeks were up -- thereby freaking him out no doubt that his final TV Reputation will be as an (unreformed) pothead, by the way -- and thus leading to SM frenetic activity.  

I don't agree with your assessment of Derek, calling him pothead when you ve only seen 5days of his life but that's my opinion, i respect yours.

What I actually wrote and intend to communicate is that he was concerned he would appear as such on television.   (The cameras are always the most important character in the show.  Their presence drives much of what we see ... People are worried how they will come across.)
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:20 pm

jlccaz wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:
jlccaz wrote:

This is what was leaked, and what seems right from circumstantial evidence about post-"experiment" filming venues, tenses, etc.  Derek's comments are always in the vein of faulting Heather for rushing to judgment, etc., which I interpreted as a "meta-" over-arching comment indicating that she bolted before the 6 weeks were up -- thereby freaking him out no doubt that his final TV Reputation will be as an (unreformed) pothead, by the way -- and thus leading to SM frenetic activity.  

I don't agree with your assessment of Derek, calling him pothead when you ve only seen 5days of his life but that's my opinion, i respect yours.

What I actually wrote and intend to communicate is that he was concerned he would appear as such on television.   (The cameras are always the most important character in the show.  Their presence drives much of what we see ...  People are worried how they will come across.)
So true.  That is why I have a hard time understanding why eta: Derek brought up the weed issue and why Heather gave Derek permission to smoke weed in the first place.  They both knew the cameras were everywhere.
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:25 pm

mtnlvr55 wrote:
2observe wrote:

6u

I would say the surfing is first since Derek mentioned to the pastor that heather held hands with the surf instructor and that upset him (he also mentioned that in the surf video)
At this point, they are not doing well, it's hard to say if they can turn it around....
Correct. Don't know what I was thinking, laugh out loud.
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:35 pm

2observe wrote:
jlccaz wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:

What I actually wrote and intend to communicate is that he was concerned he would appear as such on television.   (The cameras are always the most important character in the show.  Their presence drives much of what we see ...  People are worried how they will come across.)
So true.  That is why I have a hard time understanding why eta: Derek brought up the weed issue and why Heather gave Derek permission to smoke weed in the first place.  They both knew the cameras were everywhere.

Unlike the Bach/ette or other franchises, in this one there are much more scheduled filming times, and then the "film yourself" cameras they leave them. They have lots of time alone without cameras, and then scheduled time with experts, interviews, or more rarely a crew.

The corniest thing about this show is the fake "wake up in bed together" -- doorbell, crew at the door, produce the couple to get in bed (often they are clothed and wearing makeup etc) and then have conversations in that location/position. The conversations aren't scripted but the "be in the bed" moments are obviously produced for an agreed time, when the crew show up to film.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsySarah Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Well, I still think Heather is awful. Both she and last season's Ashley always look like they've smelled something rotten. This is a serious issue, if it's pot, but somehow I think Heather would find fault with anything. Lay off the booze, Heather, no one likes a drunken whiner....even occasionally. Derek, as the alleged pothead, was at least making sense.
GypsySarah
GypsySarah

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Lorelei wrote:
2observe wrote:
Lorelei wrote:So it looks like Derek and Heather were the replacement couple for the couple  who backed out. The other couples were married early April and they were married at the end of the month. Guess the "experts" threw them together last minute.
Could the late wedding be due to Heather's flight schedule?  It's very possible imo.

Well we know someone backed out the night before so that would mean they needed a replacement couple.
It had to take another few weeks to tell them they have been chosen and give them the 2 weeks to prepare like the other couples were given.
So I really think they had to be the replacement couple, the other 2 couples were married very early in the month.
Also, the other couples had the outside venue at the hotel and Derek and Heather had an indoor venue, it looked like the lobby of the hotel actually with curtains up. It was not a ballroom area in the hotel.  I have been to The Diplomat several times and I thought where they held the ceremony was really strange. Perhaps they had no more venue space for a last minute ceremony and they had to set up the lobby to accommodate them. The Diplomat is a beautiful hotel on Hollywood Beach and very popular for weddings and parties.
We held our parents 50th wedding anniversary celebration there in 2009.

So that explains it well. I was wondering why they looked like they were married in a hall way. Thanks.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:05 am

They bore me mostly Heather. I don't see them making it either.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 8 1f49c

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 8 8367-910 MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 8 I_got_13 MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 8 E5kqdm15 MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 8 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 47 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

+55
RoxyDoxy
gurlbrit
Pia1
kristlkrost
Lucas15