SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by lovebites8727 Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:59 pm

I don't think Lauren doesn't know how to have fun person. Example just like when she was with her former alumni friends on this show she knows how to have fun and it really shows her other personalities. It shows on those videos that she was with her bff Amanda , with jubilee , becca and twins and when she was with other friends of her on their get together. Even when she was with her family her other personalities coming out too . So I do think when she is in public and with Ben appearances and her Sm she is trying to be well reserve person. I don't blame her. There are a lot of people viewed them as their role model and nothing wrong with that . Jmo:)

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Eb97c9
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 9zt107Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 XgicucBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Oaw2uvBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 2pqw5k8Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 30szzauBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:07 pm

^ I don't think it has anything to do with being a role model. That's just the way they are. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:14 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Good point @Ash2214 re; no deep conversations.

I was surprised at any media I read where she is interviewed, she speaks very well and shows her maturity level, which we didn't see very much of at all on Ben's season.

Her personality post filming is completely different than what was shown to us during filming IMHO.

I completely agree! I think she was careful on the show while taping, and that's a good thing!!! She is not going to do anything crazy or shocking. Hurrah for that!

Lauren and Ben remind me of my teen daughter and her friend group...into fashion and make up but also active with community service and helping others. They just seem to be good eggs.

I will tune into their show because I enjoy HGTV type shows and think it would be fun to see the wedding planning and settling into home life. But, I can't see it going on for more than 1 season.

If producers try to amp up the drama like the Kartrashians, I will pass.

Last edited by MVMom39forever on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Selfies don't bother me, I'm more concerned with how someone is as a person. To me Lauren has showed herself to be a well spoken and mature woman, definitely different than how they portrayed her on the show. Their post show media, especially Lauren, is what made me stick around with them.

I think Ben has mentioned before some of the topics that he and Lauren talked about during their 1 on 1 dates, and there was some serious stuff they talked about. So it's hard to say that what was shown on TV was a good representation of their conversations. Obviously the producers are the ones who decided not to show the serious stuff. Imo

Last edited by Al on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : GRAMMAR!!)

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:05 pm

^^^Exactly! Nick Viall had some really interesting things to say on last nights AfterBuzz bout what ABC chooses to show. He said that producers show the story line and portray the "general" feelings of what's happening with relationships.

So my general takeaway is that Ben fell hard and fast for Lauren. That's what everyone saw and I do think that they showed lots of cute bonding moments so it was easy, for me anyhow, to see why they clicked.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:02 pm

Ash2214 wrote:The word dull for me in regards to Lauren simply means this:

I didn't see much personality from her on Ben's season. She seemed very basic. To quote Evan from last night, every time she talked it was like words were flowing out, but there wasn't many deep thoughts. It was very surface level. I never really saw any deep conversations between the two or perhaps that was just skewered by the way she speaks and the usage of the word like. I'm basing my opinion off of what I saw on the show since I don't know her personally. She did always appear to be sweet and nice.

I don't tie boring and dull together because it's obvious Lauren knows how to have fun and enjoy herself/life. IMO

I was personally shocked post show with how articulate and well spoken Lauren was on the media tour. She and Ben were a perfect team. To me, she came across as very intelligent and spoke with substance. While I liked her on Ben's season, I wasn't expecting that from her in interviews and was so pleasantly surprised. The show did NOT do her justice. I think it was a combo of her not being totally comfortable in that situation, and the edit downplaying her connection with Ben in favor of pumping up his F2 to create doubt and simultaneously build her arch for the next lead. The show almost always edits the next lead 10x better than the F1. For obvious reasons.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:11 pm

]
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Boring and dull sometimes gets used to describe those who are not OTT. I quite like them! (Duh, see avi laugh out loud)
BUT those that are NOT boring and dull aren't automatically OTT either. Actually, in a recent course I took, it was said (by research obviously), that 90% of society are extroverted (as in not boring or dull laugh out loud ) IMO.

Americans in general tend to skew extroverted, though I don't think it's as high as 90%. Other cultures, Japan for example, tend to skew heavily introverted. Americans tend to value the extroverted personality more, Japanese people the reverse. Personally, I don't think being introverted automatically means boring. Some of the most interesting, fascinating, and valuable members of our world society were and are introverts. Some people can be totally outgoing and OTT, but interesting they are not. Josh Murray is a recent example that comes to my mind from this show as a person who falls in this category for me. Sorry to go off topic.

It's a common misconception that people are one or the other. I'm like 45/55 introverted, but am definitely borderline, and can act and be extroverted in many situations. I still "recharge" and get energy from being alone and quiet, and that's how you can tell the true difference between introverted and extroverted personalities. True extroverts "recharge" and get energy from being with people. Lauren is probably the same, somewhere inbetween extroverted/introverted. If you are a TRUE introvert, reality television isn't something you would do. I do think she definitely has introverted tendencies.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:48 pm

It's actually a new personality type, an ambivert - someone who can adjust when the situation calls for it. I am the same way, and I think Lauren is somewhat like that. She can have fun when she's with friends but she can tone down. I still go back to their first date and the conversations they had about how simple either of them are. Both were raised well by their parents.

I hate OTT people. Everything is exaggerated it's exhausting.

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:18 pm

sosleepy wrote:]
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Boring and dull sometimes gets used to describe those who are not OTT. I quite like them! (Duh, see avi laugh out loud)
BUT those that are NOT boring and dull aren't automatically OTT either. Actually, in a recent course I took, it was said (by research obviously), that 90% of society are extroverted (as in not boring or dull laugh out loud ) IMO.

Americans in general tend to skew extroverted, though I don't think it's as high as 90%. Other cultures, Japan for example, tend to skew heavily introverted. Americans tend to value the extroverted personality more, Japanese people the reverse. Personally, I don't think being introverted automatically means boring. Some of the most interesting, fascinating, and valuable members of our world society were and are introverts. Some people can be totally outgoing and OTT, but interesting they are not. Josh Murray is a recent example that comes to my mind from this show as a person who falls in this category for me. Sorry to go off topic.

It's a common misconception that people are one or the other. I'm like 45/55 introverted, but am definitely borderline, and can act and be extroverted in many situations. I still "recharge" and get energy from being alone and quiet, and that's how you can tell the true difference between introverted and extroverted personalities. True extroverts "recharge" and get energy from being with people. Lauren is probably the same, somewhere inbetween extroverted/introverted. If you are a TRUE introvert, reality television isn't something you would do. I do think she definitely has introverted tendencies.
Yes, this is true. But being an extrovert does NOT mean one is automatically OTT. That would mean 80-90% of American society would be OTT..when that's not the case at all. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:02 pm

^^ totally. Being an extrovert does not automatically = OTT. I think if you are OTT you tend to be an extrovert though, if that makes sense.

Americans are not that overwhelmingly extroverted. Definitely not in the 90% range. It's actually about 50/50. It's just that Americans VALUE extroverted people more than introverts in large numbers.

ETA: I'd actually argue that as a whole America IS pretty OTT. laugh out loud If America were to have a "personality" anyway. 'Merica.

Gosh, I'm so off topic. Sorry mods.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:51 pm

I don't think Lauren B is boring and dull, she probably is just lack of depth, imo. While people say she is very sweet and elegant and all, I always question myself, why I can't see any of those qualities. Nothing she did stand out to me as sweet, to me, this is still more about "how Ben sees her", not her as an individual.

I don't know, I always have different view on these contestants, I believe time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by wiltinglilies Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:23 pm

peggy0221 wrote:I don't think Lauren B is boring and dull, she probably is just lack of depth, imo. While people say she is very sweet and elegant and all, I always question myself, why I can't see any of those qualities. Nothing she did stand out to me as sweet, to me, this is still more about "how Ben sees her", not her as an individual.

I don't know, I always have different view on these contestants, I believe time will tell.
Remember that one time she saved a stray kitty? https://www.instagram.com/p/BHNXtIEDaPw/?taken-by=benandlaurensnaps
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 1f607 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 23 263a
wiltinglilies
wiltinglilies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq