SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Therapy is always useful. For any/everybody IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by mindless Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:04 pm

FMG2015 wrote:http://www.etonline.com/media/video/exclusive_bachelor_ben_higgins_and_lauren_bushnell_are_doing_couples_counseling-199548/

Cue the tabloids to start writing about how they're on the verge of breaking up. IMO, these two are incredibly mature and 120% committed to making this an everlasting marriage with good communication. An untraditional couple that are very traditional in many ways. I think the Higgins' and Bushnell's parenting and own marriagea has something to do with that. JMO.

I do find it a bit odd that they need a mediator at this point in time, but I guess it can't hurt. Improving communication is never a bad thing.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:11 pm

I'm just happy it's not happening on Couples' Therapy or Marriage Boot Camp (yet laugh out loud).

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:17 pm

IMO the lead should never say I love you, never mind to two people. It's not fair to anyone IMHO.

There are so many variations, I love you as a friend, I love you as a person, I'm in love with you, it just doesn't need to be said IMO.

Couples therapy within the church is nothing new. Roman Catholics have to attend classes before getting married. There is also a retreat near me that offer weekend courses prior to getting married. I think it's a great idea.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:23 pm

Yeah I am not Catholic and my priest required marriage counseling classes before our wedding. Regarding the two I love yous, it will always be the thing he is known for, in my opinion. But that interview you were talking about Lauren mentioning it was a promo for their new show and the first episode will be rehashing the drama with Jojo. Take that info for what it is worth.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:26 pm

I didn't watch the video but is the counseling through a church? I know Sean and Catherine went through marriage classes/counseling through a church before their wedding and raved about now much it helped them. . I think it's a good idea if they are really serious about getting married.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 87b72b10 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 86669110 Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:27 pm

Yes, Ben said through his church.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:32 pm

Ben said it's something "way before premarital counselling" though, so he made it sound like it's not linked to a wedding. Then again, maybe he's just saying that because they can't announce their wedding date yet.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:36 pm

I think many clergy(from various religions) recommend "counseling" with that preferred clergy person prior to the big day.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:39 pm

While I found it a bit odd since they're going on a year from their engagement, I did like how she essentially said that before she marries someone, she wants to make sure that person knows who she really is and she wants to know who Ben really is. It sounds silly, but meeting on the show is silly and it's not normal. Taking the time to just be with the person and really know them is crucial, which is why I think filming another reality television show where they're reading off of cue cards is dumb, but I get it. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:46 pm

I felt like his commment about it being essentially pre premarital counseling was just a cover because they havent officially announced their wedding date. I believe it really is just premarital counseling, nothing said in the video lead me to believe they were having any problems, just trying to be as proactive as possible in moving forward with their engagement in a healthy way.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:01 pm

And why would they do it as cover up ? I mean everyone knows they are getting married and a tv wedding . No need to say as cover up . If they just said as cover up so coz no official wedding date yet. They can always not say the date . I do think they are in couples therapy because that is what they think is best for them before getting married. If they are experiencing some problems at this point of their early rel. that is not bad . Not all bed of roses after getting out of this show because the reality is just starting . I think that is good if they are in a counselling at this early stage of their rel. At least will help them sort things and able to help them a lot before tying the knot. This is normal , experiencing problems at their early stage of their rel. It is a good thing they are admitting is not easy after getting out of the show. Kudos to both of them saying that and being not afraid to admit post bachelor life . Jmo.

Last edited by lovebites8727 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 Eb97c9
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 9zt107Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 XgicucBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 Oaw2uvBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 2pqw5k8Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 30szzauBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 41 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq