SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Page 15 of 75 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 45 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by albean99 Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:50 pm

IA that Luke will be better off in the long run but don't think they need to do that to people. He cleared his calendar this fall after being told he was going to be TB. If they want to keep people on the hook without a contract then reimburse them for their time, but of course they won't. Luke doesn't sound bitter and it seems like he's moving on which is good. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

Post by Seabear Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:33 am

I just listened to CH question Luke's sincerity on ET. CH is the lowest of lows. For a man like Luke character counts. While he put his life on the line for our freedom...the CH's and MF's of the world were busy golfing or lounging on the beach. How many days did either of them sacrifice for our freedom...Zero. I am so disgusted with the TPTB/ABC. no
They can choose who they want...their prerogative but don't justify the choice by attacking character of other options.
Luke is a good man who is fortunately not going to be at the mercy of these vile individuals. I for one appreciate his service and character.
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:35 am

I didn't listen to the interview with CH, but I'm not surprised he would say something like that. I wonder if TP are a little cheesed that Luke openly stated he was packed and ready to go in 9 hours when he got the phone call. Doesn't make the franchise look to good and this would be a for them to save face a little. Just a thought.

Luke is a good man, and he will do well on his own without this show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:48 am

I think CM is pond scum puppet for the show regardless for years.
I do think their action to go otherwise had equally to do with Luke as it did to go with Nick.
The viewer is not aware of what the checklist is that goes with being the lead.
I have a feeling it tends to go far past being a person of honor and service, however. I think those two qualities may not rank high with this show. Just saying. Those would not be the terms I would use to describe this show. More like produced drama and farce.
The best TPTB could do would be to spoof on a Duddly Do-Right persona and I don't know how that could bring ratings.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:22 am

I listened to a podcast where Wells was interviewed. He was asked if he would consider being TB, and he said he was closer than anyone knows, he was in the mix. He was glad he wasn't because he'd make a horrible bachelor.

So there's three that were being told they were the next bachelor. This happens every season, and it's unfortunate to hear they are being treated in this manner.

Luke has been vocal on how he was treated, good for him. Maybe he'll set a precedent for how future candidates should be treated.

I think TPTB should constantly re-enforce, that the decision can change at any moment. Even with flight ticket in hand, they should be told, it's never for sure until you arrive at the mansion. Instead, they keep encouraging them, they are the next lead until the very end.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:10 pm

I accept and understand that MF/CH/TPTB/ABC has the right to choose who they want and how they want to choose them. They don't have be decent to any potential future Lead who they have assured even though they expect and insist they leave their job and clear their calender for the time of filming. I don't expect any less than lies from production ever. They have no interest in decency. However in this case since clearly there has been outcry over Luke...CH the devoid of character Puppet of the devoid of character MF has flipped his previous Script of Luke being a man of honor, sincerity and character.... is now calling Luke the wrong reasons guy. IMO this Total BS. The Franchise could care less out picking someone they consider "sincere"....because none of them even understand the definition of the word....and would not know sincerity if it smacked them in the face.  Using sincerity is a lie and excuse. My issue is not about Luke not being chosen but rather at attacking his character to justify the timing of their actions and validate their choice. I have the upmost respect for those who serve in the military. Luke being veteran is not his storyline...it is his RL. He willingly made a sacrifice for our country/freedom, carries deep wounds, pride, honor and IMO that deserves respect. Not that he be given the Lead but that he be treated with dignity in the process. Obviously Luke standing up for himself did not sit well. I applaud Luke for not being desperate enough to stay silent. I also applaud Luke's character for standing up for himself and what is right. I respect Arie for coming forward as well. I love the curtain being pulled back on Oz...and exposing the disingenuous machinations. I for one am tired of the new level of disrespect that the Franchise goes to to purposefully harm the cast. The terrible edits they give the "villains" and others...like they did most recently to Olivia and Jordan. They could care less because IMO they increasingly what salaciousness and drama drama drama. No concern for the RL ramifications for any of these people.  CH claiming sincerity in wanting a love story is laughable. The edits they give even the winners show me that successfully supporting the love story is NOT the primary or even secondary focus. Sex and drama rule the day. The Franchise has changed and devolved IMO and each season must out do the next....and appeal to the lowest common denominator.  I don't respect the new normal.
All JMO and my slightly OT rant.

Last edited by Seabear on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:57 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I listened to a podcast where Wells was interviewed. He was asked if he would consider being TB, and he said he was closer than anyone knows, he was in the mix. He was glad he wasn't because he'd make a horrible bachelor.

So there's three that were being told they were the next bachelor. This happens every season, and it's unfortunate to hear they are being treated in this manner.

Luke has been vocal on how he was treated, good for him. Maybe he'll set a precedent for how future candidates should be treated.

I think TPTB should constantly re-enforce, that the decision can change at any moment.
Even with flight ticket in hand, they should be told, it's never for sure until you arrive at the mansion. Instead, they keep encouraging them, they are the next lead until the very end.

Glad Luke was vocal about it, because it really IS a sh*tty situation. I wished Arie and Caila were super vocal about it too. But hopefully this brings awareness for future candidate that its already happened 3 times now in past what 1-2 years?

As far as TPTB..they wouldn't reinforce it because they're ALWAYS playing mind games or manipulation games. They want all of their options open so they'll say what they need to say to each candidate.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Seabear...yes!! Thank you for saying it better than I did.

I listen to both Afterbuzz and Here to make Friends podcast. On Afterbuzz during BIP but before he was announced as lead, I heard Nick question the authenticity of Jo Jo final six. I then heard Ashley Spivey delight ovwr Nick being picked because he was so genuine and then said Luke was so boring. Now I am seeing CH praise Nick as being so genuine and deserving.

That's what got my goat. Bringing down Luke's character to build up their pick. Seriously, if genuineness was a criteria for going on show as lead or contestant, we would not have a show!!!

Of course Luke was hoping to get exposure for his singing career. Who wouldn't?!

No one is going to tell me that their current lead who has relocated to LA and said on Afterbuzz that he is taking acting lessons and trying to break in the biz is doing this purely for love, well, that is just nuts.

So happy that Luke is not going down quietly.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:58 pm

@seabear A standing ovation to you! :claphands I could not agree with you more. The show is horrible to its contestants - past, present, future. They have no decency. Is there a link to the interview you listened to where CH made those statements? I read some of them in an article, but I'm interested in hearing CH's sleazy voice actually speaking those insults and lies. How do these people sleep at night? no no

@mvmom39forever I know I can find afterbuzz episodes on youtube, but can you point me in the direction of the episodes to listen to to hear Nick talk about Jojo's season? Also the Here to Make Friends? TYIA.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovequest Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:28 pm

To be honest I watched CH interview and I think it's being implied here that he meant the other contenders are not sincere.

What he said was when they were reviewing the candidates the deciding factor was who is most deserving and sincere about finding love and they kept coming back to Nick because he has put himself out there a couple of times and it hasn't worked out. He also said it is not an indictment on Luke or Chase as they are both good guys, but rather a compliment to Nick.

Lovequest

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:35 pm

And yet the fact that Nick keeps coming back makes me think he's less sincere, not more. Guess CH and I have different opinions on sincerity.

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 15 87b72b10 Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 15 86669110 Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 15 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:41 pm

In the written article, IIRC, they put two quotes from CH pretty much back to back in the same paragraph. This gives the impression that the 2 thoughts are related, but it may not necessarily be so. So, like you have said @lovequest there may have been 2 separate statements that weren't part of the same reason. If that makes sense?

I swear to God, after watching this show for years, dissecting editing, and analyzing media statements, I feel like I am part psycho-analyst, part detective, and part Rhetoric expert! Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3 - Page 15 2292733854
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 75 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 45 ... 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - BWG - Discussion - #3

+94
notarose
limoncello
Idlemess
KB_Mom
BlackHalo