SELECT CONTENT

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 14 of 57 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 35 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 14 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Matty's M&G out the limo was really short and he wasn't shown talking to Georgia in the first episode either.
Both those things are typical for contestants who are not F1 but are darkhorses or contenders.
It could be different for Matty J but just something to add for him if he is not F1 and is F2

Will discuss further in relation to the F3 in the F1-F6 thread
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 14 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by coconutgurl Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Think about it. If they gave Matty the long jntro and meet and greet for Episode 1, it would be a dead give away for the sleuthers who follow the show, because really Matty has had more dates with Georgia which i believe was at her request.

coconutgurl

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:17 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Sprite wrote:
nylonvagabond wrote:There's a line in the preview right before the "I cannot fault you, you are perfect"..."it was just so obvious to me you are the one." I cannot shake that line...who would say that unless they were f1?

Who said that and do we know when?

In the American version of the show, editors often leave those kind of statements in the dialog. Usually, it is left in for the F2/F3 to show how invested they are into the lead and to develop their heartbroken storyline, often setting them up for the next lead. This seems to occur about half way through the season where they are often trying to downgrade the connection the lead has with their F1 and trying to build the connection with the F2/F3. The F1 is usually shown expressing doubts about the relationship while others are much more confident. Whenever I see this happening, I have to remind myself....edit, edit, edit.

ITA.

Those lovey dovey lines in the season preview are normally NOT the f1 in the US version. Also the person most featured in the preview is not the f1.
The f2 or f3 connection is typically enhanced with the best music, voice overs etc. Edit edit edit.

This particularly so when there has been a leak. Imo. The US version has even found a way to trash the f1 or the final relationship when the lead all but chose the guy /gal out the limo. The latest aus season had the same IMO.

ITA as well -- These reasons - edit which has matty professing fully & early (set up for heart break), him featuring sooo strongly in the season preview + sm/liking scantily clad woman's pic and media misdirection i.e. matty j/slowburn etc hints + lee doubt IMHO points to Matty F2 at the moment.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by nylonvagabond Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:10 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Sprite wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

ITA.

Those lovey dovey lines in the season preview are normally NOT the f1 in the US version. Also the person most featured in the preview is not the f1.
The f2 or f3 connection is typically enhanced with the best music, voice overs etc. Edit edit edit.

This particularly so when there has been a leak. Imo. The US version has even found a way to trash the f1 or the final relationship when the lead all but chose the guy /gal out the limo. The latest aus season had the same IMO.

So you think Georgia picked someone almost right away? Who do you think it is?

No  in the case of G I don't think she did pick out the limo  (like jojo, Kaitlyn etc). She had very strong reactions to some guys though. But I think (Scmiiw) there has been a rumored leak which may need to be covered up, if that rumor is correct. Perhaps this is not the place to talk about it.
But your post about the enhanced edit is spot on and IMO seems to be applied to Matty. I could be wrong.

There's a rumour that applies to Matty?

The last two lines before the "I love you" are:

It was just so obvious that you are the one.

I cannot fault you are perfect.

They are both Matty's lines. The first line would be awfully weird to be said just randomly. The past tense of it makes me question whether it was at FRC.

I totally get the whole editing stuff...though I haven't watched am American version since...Des? Andi? Whichever came last. I have an inkling this season has been weird since G didn't pick one right away.

nylonvagabond

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:39 am

Bringing post over here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to Matty's thread. Love the storyline for Matty  yes

RomComet wrote:Taking off my ex-producer hat and putting on my pretend-bachette hat, I did a thought experiment. if I was GL, how would I be acting and feeling during the airing of this show and all the attendant SM and media attention?

What I came up with were these imagined Georgia Love thoughts...

(Cue fantasy sequence music and wibble wobble screen effect)

I had a different experience than any other bachette, where I had no major chemistry with the guy I ended up falling in love with on the show, but I did lots of talking to camera about sparks and chemistry and butterflies with at least three other guys before he came onto my radar - including Courtney who I was crushing on bigtime at first. That's probably why SportsBet and SM are all aflutter about those admittedly hot and lovely guys right from the airing of Ep 1&2 - AND I've seen the backlash Richie and Alex have endured - SO I'm a little worried seeing all this fan loyalty building for Lee, Cam and Jake. Will all those people getting so invested be as brutal towards me and Matty when they find out I pick him?? Yikes! I want them to be happy for us, not mad at me!!

I'd better start dropping hints about not expecting the obvious choices and maybe I'll say something about a "slow burn". That won't give it away but it might cause people to relax their expectations of it being one of those early frontrunners and there won't be such a huge backlash.

Jeez, it's not making a difference. Ep 8 has aired and Matty is still wayyyy down in the votes for who Australia expects to win. Gulp. Even after I practically CRIED TO CAMERA that I was finally feeling appreciated enough by a man after what he said on the boat?

I'm not allowed to give away the winner obviously, but what can I do to calm this expectation that it's Jake, Courtney or Lee?

I'll just keep mentioning the slow burn thing and how my journey was different. That's all I'm allowed to do. OH and I can mention how my love and I are watching the show together and I'm loving watching our relationship unfold. And I'll let it slip that neither of us has told ANYONE who won -- because I just read that Lee said he confided in someone so people looking closely will spot an inconsistency there. And then there will at least be those people who won't be crushed when it turns out to be Matty!

Meanwhile, it's SO FUN being with Matty on Skype as we watch how I was so clueless when we met and then how he systematically won me away from all those other guys. I think it's why Matty doesn't mind seeing me kissing so many of them. He gets a huge kick out of how he came out of nowhere and scooped me up away from them all. (If I had picked Lee, it would be kinda awks watching that Me&Matty story the show's been edited to feature so heavily. Probably wouldn't be watching the show together in that case. Wouldn't have been much for Lee to enjoy watching, considering how little storyline he had. It would just be me constantly explaining how this or that kiss didn't mean anything and how everyone knows they edit these things the way they want and that it wasn't really a toss up between him and Matty, etc. Exhausting, so yeah, watching the show together is not something I'd be doing with Lee. Maybe the odd ep showing our single dates only...)

Oh look! They just published photos of Lee and Matty in Singapore! OMG this is fantastic!! Now fans can have a couple of weeks to get used to the idea of it maybe not being Lee! Maybe they won't 'Ralex' (Rich+Alex) Matty and me! Maybe they'll be happy for us!! Maybe...maybe...oh, fingers crossed!!

(wibble wobble screen effect)

So, I'm back as just me now and feeling more convinced than ever that Matty is F1. Thank you for your indulgence of my taking IMO to new heights  giggling
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by anadimi23 Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:48 am

I agree, I honestly believe Matty is F1 and all these Lee posts are clouding my judgement a little though /: I can just see them falling in love and her being completely blindsided by it, I just hope theres some other evidence coming through to support Matty

anadimi23

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:57 am

RomComet wrote:Meanwhile, it's SO FUN being with Matty on Skype as we watch how I was so clueless when we met and then how he systematically won me away from all those other guys. I think it's why Matty doesn't mind seeing me kissing so many of them. He gets a huge kick out of how he came out of nowhere and scooped me up away from them all.

Love [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s post so much but I think this bit in particular is my favorite! I'm just very much a fan of unexpected romances and people having their original opinions turned on their head. I feel like Matty being featured so little in the first ep/early social media, etc is kind of a necessity for his storyline because if there was a lot of promo for him you would be expecting that he would play a major part eventually. But the way its been done, the audience can be surprised along with Georgia at how Matty comes out of nowhere to steal her heart. Sigh, wishful thinking laugh out loud
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by RomComet Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:01 am

lightredemption wrote:
RomComet wrote:Meanwhile, it's SO FUN being with Matty on Skype as we watch how I was so clueless when we met and then how he systematically won me away from all those other guys. I think it's why Matty doesn't mind seeing me kissing so many of them. He gets a huge kick out of how he came out of nowhere and scooped me up away from them all.

Love [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s post so much but I think this bit in particular is my favorite! I'm just very much a fan of unexpected romances and people having their original opinions turned on their head. I feel like Matty being featured so little in the first ep/early social media, etc is kind of a necessity for his storyline because if there was a lot of promo for him you would be expecting that he would play a major part eventually. But the way its been done, the audience can be surprised along with Georgia at how Matty comes out of nowhere to steal her heart. Sigh, wishful thinking laugh out loud

Thanks lightredemption! And I feel the same way you do about what someone somewhere in this forum described as a "Pride and Prejudice" story - my absolute favorite romance plot. IA totally with your opinion of why his story is being revealed gradually! :yes:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RomComet
RomComet

Female Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by romance realist Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:13 am

I totally agree too. He needs to be a pleasant surprise to viewers as he was to Georgia for this story to unfold. whipped

romance realist

Female Posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by nylonvagabond Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:33 am

RomComet wrote:
lightredemption wrote:

Thanks lightredemption! And I feel the same way you do about what someone somewhere in this forum described as a "Pride and Prejudice" story - my absolute favorite romance plot. IA totally with your opinion of why his story is being revealed gradually! :yes:

It was me!!!! This past week with the dancing reminded exactly of that scene in the middle of Keira Knightley s pride and prejudice when Darcy and Lizzy were dancing and the people faded away.

nylonvagabond

Back to top Go down

Post by RomComet Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:39 am

nylonvagabond wrote:
RomComet wrote:
lightredemption wrote:

It was me!!!! This past week with the dancing reminded exactly of that scene in the middle of Keira Knightley s pride and prejudice when Darcy and Lizzy were dancing and the people faded away.

LOVE that movie (finally saw the Masterpiece Theatre version everyone swore I'd prefer. Nope. Didn't). And I thought the same thing in that dance when the music went all weird and backgroundy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RomComet
RomComet

Female Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:48 am

Ahh, I definitely agree with the Pride & Prejudice comparisons! The series starts off with Georgia thinking Matty is arrogant and overconfident but surprise he actually makes her laugh more than anyone; is completely lovable and is basically universally adored by the guys [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 57 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 35 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+51
ssin0547
Seabear
mjoy
makeover
bellehuntley