SELECT CONTENT

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 48 of 57 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 52 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by makeover Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:29 am

ssin0547 wrote:I don't know how long i can invest in this show. I only watched the end of Richie's season and now Georgia's season. Watching the F2 (and even F3, F4) is so hard. I guess that's what you sign up for. This is a bit off topic but do you know of any threads or anything where any previous contestants have spilled the beans about what really goes on behind the scenes (on any version)?
Me too, the Australian version is very good to watch but when it comes down to F2 or F3, it's absolutely brutal. It's more brutal than the US version IMO. I feel like in general the Aussie F2s get more invested in the relationships compared to the contestants on the US version. And even though the Aussie version is more romantic in general, the US show has less misdirection and shows more of the love story with the F1 *IMO*. The edit is more obvious but at least the viewers can be mentally prepared and not be blindsided *IMO*. And both Richie and Georgia are so good at making contestants think their feelings are reciprocated. Good for a lead in the beginning but bad towards the end.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:44 am

The AU show doesn't even compare to the US version when it comes to being brutal or investment, imo.

The US version has overnights/sex and an engagement. That's far more investment physically and emotionally than the AU show where the most is kissing and a commitment ending.

Matty literally only spent maybe 3 days total with Georgia. Sure, feelings can definitely develop in that timeframe, but in no way shape or form is it as brutal as if Matty had had sex with Georgia, picked out an engagement ring, proposed and then been dumped, and then the media hate him even though he went through all that as has happened for F2s in the US show.

So, no, I don't think what happened to Matty even comes close to being brutal or more brutal than what happens on the US show. In fact, I would say what Matty has gone through as an F2 and received such positivity from the media is the best case scenario when it comes to how brutal this show could be.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:58 am

I mean, different people have different degrees of investment dependant on themselves as individuals IMO. I personally think realistically and rationally it makes little sense for anyone to become invested and form a long-lasting relationship on this show but that doesn't make what that particular person is going through in the moment any easier. Sure its nice that Matty is a fan-favorite and for the most part beloved by the public but I still felt it was brutal watching him at the FRC. My heart broke for him when he doubled over in pain. Perhaps that doesn't make much sense because he only spent a limited amount of time with her on the show and no time with her "in real life" but I felt the hurt regardless
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:11 am

makeover wrote:
ssin0547 wrote:I don't know how long i can invest in this show. I only watched the end of Richie's season and now Georgia's season. Watching the F2 (and even F3, F4) is so hard. I guess that's what you sign up for. This is a bit off topic but do you know of any threads or anything where any previous contestants have spilled the beans about what really goes on behind the scenes (on any version)?
Me too, the Australian version is very good to watch but when it comes down to F2 or F3, it's absolutely brutal. It's more brutal than the US version IMO. I feel like in general the Aussie F2s get more invested in the relationships compared to the contestants on the US version. And even though the Aussie version is more romantic in general, the US show has less misdirection and shows more of the love story with the F1 *IMO*. The edit is more obvious but at least the viewers can be mentally prepared and not be blindsided *IMO*. And both Richie and Georgia are so good at making contestants think their feelings are reciprocated. Good for a lead in the beginning but bad towards the end.

I agree with you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. IMO I personally relate more to the heartbreak of the Australian F2s like Matty because they seem more "real" to me. With the US version, the drama and big personalities and particularly the accents sometimes make me feel like I'm watching characters from a drama series rather than a reality show, so it's more difficult for me to identify with them.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:15 am

lightredemption wrote:I mean, different people have different degrees of investment dependant on themselves as individuals IMO. I personally think realistically and rationally it makes little sense for anyone to become invested and form a long-lasting relationship on this show but that doesn't make what that particular person is going through in the moment any easier. Sure its nice that Matty is a fan-favorite and for the most part beloved by the public but I still felt it was brutal watching him at the FRC. My heart broke for him when he doubled over in pain. Perhaps that doesn't make much sense because he only spent a limited amount of time with her on the show and no time with her "in real life" but I felt the hurt regardless

Agreed. Matty would have spent the same amount of time with Georgia as she did with her F1, so IMO obviously enough time to develop real and genuine feelings, whether they are reciprocated or not.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:16 am

It doesn't mean it hurts less, but Matty is no different than Michael/F2, Nikki/F2, Lana/F2, Lisa/F2, or Rochelle/F2.

Just because he may have shown his emotions differently or been edited to show them doesn't mean that he was more invested than past F2s.

So I don't see what happened to Matty as extenuating circumstances. It happens to all F2s for the AU show. That is the show.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:34 am

They're all the same in that they're all in the position of being the runner up but personally I felt Matty's (and also Nikki's) heartbreak was more acute and painful and for me made for unpleasant watching.
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:39 am

I understand. Some F2s heartbreak I definitely felt their pain more acutely than others and usually that is because they are my favorite contestant and it hurts to see them hurt.

Some of my fave F2s ever had to go through the most brutal of FRCs (sex, pick out ring, propose, be dumped, and be hated by the media post-show).

It's why for me, when it comes to Matty, I feel he is very fortunate given the circumstances because it would have been far more horrible if he had to pick out a ring, propose, be dumped, and then have media hate him.

Not having to deal with those extra hardships I believe will help him heal more quickly since I think having more media and public support does make a big difference post-show.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bach_ind Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:05 pm

I kind of agree. it's really hard to tell who was the most heartbroken among F2s because imo people deal the rejection differently. I think Matty (and Nikki), due to their expression, made people realise how painful the F2 position. now i feel bad about the previous F2, because they already get the heartbreak, and got forgotten somehow (and for some case, even got the hatred). ouch.

i watch the Rochelle rejection. she seem calm from the distance, but looking at her closer, she couldn't even breathe normally.

For matty, i don't blame Geogia for not picking him. But still, it's really upsetting to see him get hurt. must be very paintfull for him

bach_ind

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:32 pm

For me, when I see marriage proposals and fantasy suites in the US version, they make the show LESS real for me. It takes the show out from a realistic situation even more that I can't take any of it seriously (Bachelor in Paradise, anyone?).

I don't blame Georgia for not picking Matty. It's good she picked who she wanted. Being F2 always suck, but if the producers don't want the audience to feel that much pain on behalf of the F2 (Matty in this instance), they should edit the show differently IMO. Show more of a love story with F1. For example, what happened with Jo Jo during Ben's season was bad, but I knew long before the FRC that there is NO WAY Ben is choosing anyone but Lauren. It was so obvious. So, I felt pity for her but my mind was already prepared. A lot has to do with edit and audience's expectation. As long as the Aussie version try to hide the F1 till the end, they will encounter audience reactions like for Matty and Nikki.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:39 pm

I don't see how the different format makes the feelings of a F2 who is wanting to propose and spend his life with someone any less real or any less harsh than someone who didn't go through all that, quite the opposite, imo.

If I had to pick, I'd rather deal with being rejected solely for a few dates rather than because I had sex with someone and picked out a ring to propose to them only to be dumped.

It may make for more realistic viewing to not have overnights or a proposal, but it doesn't make for less painful feelings for the contestants, especially given how so many F2s are literally reviled and hated by the media and public.

Matty doesn't have to deal with what many F2s have dealt with. One can explain away why this is the case (edit, personality, etc) but the fact remains, Matty is in a much better place when it comes to public and media response than most F2s are.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:43 pm

makeover wrote:For me, when I see marriage proposals and fantasy suites in the US version, they make the show LESS real for me. It takes the show out from a realistic situation even more that I can't take any of it seriously (Bachelor in Paradise, anyone?).

I don't blame Georgia for not picking Matty. It's good she picked who she wanted. Being F2 always suck, but if the producers don't want the audience to feel that much pain on behalf of the F2 (Matty in this instance), they should edit the show differently IMO. Show more of a love story with F1. For example, what happened with Jo Jo during Ben's season was bad, but I knew long before the FRC that there is NO WAY Ben is choosing anyone but Lauren. It was so obvious. So, I felt pity for her but my mind was already prepared. A lot has to do with edit and audience's expectation. As long as the Aussie version try to hide the F1 till the end, they will encounter audience reactions like for Matty and Nikki.
This is a great post and I agree with your reference to Ben's season in particular. For me that was a well edited season in terms of both the F1 and F2 storylines because they managed to give Ben and Lauren their own love story (there's a moment between them in every single episode - even the ones where she isn't on a date) while also paying due diligence to the relationship that progressed between Ben and JoJo. I think what annoys me is the need to make the F1 so unclear/such a surprise that it comes at the expense of the lead's own love story. Its just unfair to basically everyone laugh out loud
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 57 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 52 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matty Johnson - Bachelorette Australia - Season 2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+51
ssin0547
Seabear
mjoy
makeover
bellehuntley