SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 67 of 67 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mexico - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Maddy Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:38 pm

mexico - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 67 Cqj65BLUIAAOETj
Katie Lowes ‏@KatieQLowes
TONIGHT. @adamshapiro and I will be live on #AfterParadise after @BachParadise! It's our dream One-On-One date.
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

mexico - Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by TheWrongReasons Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:Someone tell me there's not racist undertones how AshleyI mimics Caila. This is even more obvious, IMO. And wth is Jared listening advice from AshleyI about Caila. THIS is leading her on. Jmo.

https://twitter.com/bachparadise/status/768175511566626816

As for defending Caila, Olivia and Jamie tweeted supportive tweets about her. This cast was very clique, AshleyI's turf.
Yeah, Ashley I. And Michelle Collins squinting to imitate Caila's smiling eyes is definitely offensive given that Caila is partially Asian. If Caila was white, it would be completely different but I'm astounded that they don't see how contorting their faces to make fun of an Asian person's eyes could be funny in any way.

As for people in Bach Nation supporting Caila - like @Fingersandtoes pointed out, Jami and Olivia have shown some support on SM, which is good. Sharleen has also mentioned that she and Caila hav become friends who have good conversations despite Sharleen initially having mixed feelings about Caila while watching her on Ben's season.

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:44 pm

^^ I personally didn't get racist undertones, with the exception of the eye squint which was questionable and if she meant to do it she's even more of a horrible person but i'm not sure if that was done on purpose or if it was a byproduct of her fake smiling. It just seemed really catty to me. Also I don't think a clique is the reason no one's really stood up for Caila. I think honestly there's nothing to stand up for. They're all good friends with Ashley so I don't think they're gonna call her out publicly but she's the one coming off badly IMO. Other than her indecision to go on the date with Brett, Caila's come off pretty well so far and she's looking like the sane one in the bunch.

Also I don't think Jared's a weenie for not stopping Ashley because I think he actually enjoys having her fawn all over him. He might have been annoyed on the show because it was an inconvenience with him trying to pursue Caila but overall I don't think he actually wants her to stop.

And with the way Ashley's continued to trash talk Caila and the fact that her relationship with Jared is still in tact, this further makes me think whatever's been going on with Jared and Caila has ended. Ashley was right about one thing though, Jared clearly likes Caila more than she does him (and good for her because that makes it easier for her to extract herself from that weird a** dynamic). All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:51 pm

I moved a lot as a kid and you definitely learn to adapt and to have tolerance. I also agree that you don't develop a mean catty attitude because you understand what it is to be an outsider. I think being positive and keeping a happy face is part of a personality type. I have that similar tendency as did my Dad. I don't see Caila as Fake..I just see her as positive and way more refined than most of cast. I also believe that Caila was raised with manners and to have respect. Since she is not a cliquish type or a "fan favorite" she is definitely on the outside with LA area catty crew.     JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:59 pm

@ReneeM IMO the thing about racially offensive behaviour is .... ignorance is not an excuse. They may not have intended to be maliciously racist but the fact remains that squinting to imitate an Asian person is racially offensive because that's what actual bigots have used to demean Asian people for ages and it's very commonly known. The fact that they may not have been thinking about this in their moment of cattiness doesn't mean that it's not racially offensive IMO as an Asian-Canadian woman.
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Kashathediva wrote:uh huh. This was definitely Ashley's idea. Not. Production you suck.
And why didn't Sarah get the same re-do?

I would have liked to see Sarah stay and meet Wells. Two smart, gorgeous, decent people.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:36 pm

TheWrongReasons wrote:@ReneeM IMO the thing about racially offensive behaviour is .... ignorance is not an excuse. They may not have intended to be maliciously racist but the fact remains that squinting to imitate an Asian person is racially offensive because that's what actual bigots have used to demean Asian people for ages and it's very commonly known. The fact that they may not have been thinking about this in their moment of cattiness doesn't mean that it's not racially offensive IMO as an Asian-Canadian woman.

IA that squinting her eyes to imitate Caila, whether or not she knows it's racist is 100% wrong. I was just saying I didn't know if she even DID squint or if she was simply fake smiling because of Caila's sunny disposition and I was just reading too much into it. I just read your post about Michelle Collins doing it too, I haven't watched any of the AP stuff. I didn't know others were doing it and now it seems like a pattern and it's disgusting.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:42 pm

ReneeM wrote:
TheWrongReasons wrote:@ReneeM IMO the thing about racially offensive behaviour is .... ignorance is not an excuse. They may not have intended to be maliciously racist but the fact remains that squinting to imitate an Asian person is racially offensive because that's what actual bigots have used to demean Asian people for ages and it's very commonly known. The fact that they may not have been thinking about this in their moment of cattiness doesn't mean that it's not racially offensive IMO as an Asian-Canadian woman.

IA that squinting her eyes to imitate Caila, whether or not she knows it's racist is 100% wrong. I was just saying I didn't know if she even DID squint or if she was simply fake smiling because of Caila's sunny disposition and I was just reading too much into it. I just read your post about Michelle Collins doing it too, I haven't watched any of the AP stuff. I didn't know others were doing it and now it seems like a pattern and it's disgusting.

Yup she even said and tweeted that she doesn't trust women whose eyes get tiny & something about anime character. To which Leah Block & Jubilee liked. Many people called her out on the racial comment.
Isabella
Isabella

Back to top Go down

Post by siena Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:51 pm

AshleyI really is just a nasty person. There's no hiding from that in the preview. IMO that kind of behaviour is inexcusable. She is a 28 year old woman, she should know and do better.

@TheWrongReasons That's exactly how I see it too. And it's not even a one off thing. Twice Ashley has squinted to mock Caila's smile. IMO it was offensive the first time, and it's just as offensive the second. Then adding Michelle Collins tweeting about Caila's "little rainbow eyes" when she smiles, and then squinting again on AP. no no

I agree too, that anyone who has changed schools and moved multiple times can probably understand the way Caila is. I think that her natural disposition is to be positive and smiley, but she is also aware of how her words and actions come across because of entering new settings. I read that as being more measured and composed, which on reality tv is often seen as being less genuine than the outlandish or outright rude characters. I guess what might be seen though as a negative for reality tv is usually a huge positive in real life.

I think the LA Bach clique is very closely tied to AshleyI. I think a lot more would call out AshleyI but because she's perceived as a fan favorite ( question) and tied to events they never will. Bless the few that do though, I appreciate them a lot.

"You know what love is? It is all kindness, generosity." ~ Rumi

siena

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabella Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Isabella
Isabella

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Surprise skypes on After Paradise tonight. Wonder if Caila and Jared skype together or maybe . . . Bachelor announcement?

Michelle CollinsVerified account
@michcoll
Michelle Collins ‏@michcoll  3h3 hours ago
Going through the script for tonight's #AfterParadise & my heart is palpitating from our surprise Skypes. I'm like...sweating. @BachParadise
Source
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 67 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 3 - All Episodes - Discussions - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+79
Isabella
TheWrongReasons
Kels0012
loveactually9
mtnlvr55
Stacia620
2observe
hae1001
Cila51290
metalgirl
casjacknick