SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  #2 - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Nibbles22 Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:50 pm

Well according to Luke's own words, his (Luke's) bags were packed, and he was leaving the next day, when he got word they chose Nick to be TB.  I don't see how anyone can blame this on Nick.  I'm just thankful tptb finally came to their senses.
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  #2 - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by StacyNor Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:01 pm

ironcat wrote:
StacyNor wrote:No..seriously. How does one come to the conclusion Nick wanted and thought he was going to get TB gig? The probability of him getting it was very, very slim. He was seen as an antagonist in both his Bacherlorette gigs, TIB was his third time in the franchise, making him becoming The Bachelor the 4th time and no one has ever gotten The Bachelor gig after being BIP..ever. Him getting the gig was against him, that is why when he was announced most of us were shocked because him getting it was very slim. We knew it, and I bet Nick knew it too. Nick when he falls in love, he falls hard. I saw that on Andi's season, if he truly loved Jen the is no doubt in my mind he would have tried everything to make it work. I have seen Jen, she is a very beautiful woman, but then this goes back to they didn't have a spark. Must he force himself to fall in love to please people? As a Nick fan I lost hope him getting the gig. Nick with all the negativity he gets but one thing about Nick he has always been true to himself no matter what. He can admit his faults and admit his mistakes. He was on TV and told people straight that Andi book is not fiction on his part. She said some truth about him. I am happy he is the type of person to be true to himself, we try pleasing people to make them happy forgetting ourselves.

Are you saying you don't think Nick wanted the Bachelor gig and they had to twist his arm? cantstopl

He may not have thought he would get the gig, may have given up hope of that ever happening when he decided to go on BIP, but that doesn't mean that as filming progressed and the producers saw how well received he was by his castmates while his adversary Josh was mistrusted, how he came across as the voice of reason and confidante to everyone, how logical it was and easy it would be to give him the "hero" edit this time, that they didn't start bouncing around the idea of making him the next Bachelor amongst themselves. And who knows what hints they might have dropped to him behind the scenes during filming since we know he's very chummy with some of production? Not disputing any insider information anyone here might have received, but I also am smart enough to know that neither Nick nor anyone connected with the show would be well served to divulge that choosing him as the lead was anything other than a last minute decision made because of overwhelming positive fan reaction to him once the show was airing. So it wouldn't surprise me to find out that they are all lying/covering their asses about how and when the decision was reached.
I didn't say that. I think when he went to BIP, I doubt he thought about getting the gig. All you have is ''maybe'' and ''speculation'' in your part. The is nothing conclusive to prove that Nick was ever told or even given hints that he was going to get the gig. He himself said that he was shocked that he got it, Luke was told that he was going to be The Bachelor, his friend Ashley said something like no way in hell he will get it, the past franchise contestants were shocked. This is going to be his fourth time, all TB before never got the gig after BIP, he wasn't everyone's fave on TBrette and TBrette is viewed by more people than BIP. The odds were against him. So, I don't understand this narrative of people saying he went there to get TB gig.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:06 pm

So waaaay off topic but has anyone laid bets on the meet and greet ratio of blondes v brunettes? Clearly I'd say our Bach prefers brunettes although his last three relationships on my television could have been a coincidence. So I'll say 2 to 1 in favor of the darker hair, maybe some red heads? You know whoever they pick to bring the crazy hair color won't matter so we can rule them out. I wonder if it will be an entire top 4-6 brunette. Has that ever happened before?

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:25 pm

casjacknick wrote:So waaaay off topic but has anyone laid bets on the meet and greet ratio of blondes v brunettes? Clearly I'd say our Bach prefers brunettes although his last three relationships on my television could have been a coincidence. So I'll say 2 to 1 in favor of the darker hair, maybe some red heads? You know whoever they pick to bring the crazy hair color won't matter so we can rule them out. I wonder if it will be an entire top 4-6 brunette. Has that ever happened before?

He liked Amanda initially and she is a blonde, maybe not a natural one though. He said he likes strong women, so if she is a blonde or a red head and has that strong will, I think he'd be game.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:30 pm

casjacknick wrote:So waaaay off topic but has anyone laid bets on the meet and greet ratio of blondes v brunettes? Clearly I'd say our Bach prefers brunettes although his last three relationships on my television could have been a coincidence. So I'll say 2 to 1 in favor of the darker hair, maybe some red heads? You know whoever they pick to bring the crazy hair color won't matter so we can rule them out. I wonder if it will be an entire top 4-6 brunette. Has that ever happened before?

It'll be interesting to see who he ends up with! I'm guessing personality and intellectual connection is going to be a much bigger factor than hair color. Haha

You guys, it's been over a week and I'M STILL IN SHOCK and STOKED it's Nick! I agree with Sharleen on her blog. This was the best possible choice TPTB could have made. In my humble opinion, of course.

Last edited by sosleepy on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:There's no doubt Nick and Jen had intimate relations in the fantasy suite. It's Nick! Sexy times are his logo/brand! laugh out loud IMO.
Yea and Jen's not shy about sex either, with many comments she's made. So yea I think they did. Again I do think Nick always had the idea of being the Bachelor in his mind.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:34 pm

I don't get the big deal. So what if Nick had hopes that maybe he could be The Bachelor? So did Luke, so did Chase. So did a lot of guys, probably.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:34 pm

I agree, it was the best choice, and I'm stoked! I'm looking forward to the conversations Nick will have with the ladies.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:47 pm

sosleepy wrote:I don't get the big deal. So what if Nick had hopes that maybe he could be The Bachelor? So did Luke, so did Chase. So did a lot of guys, probably.

I agree. I don't think Nick knew he was in the running for TB, as JoJo's season was still airing when BIP taping began. The producers were still gauging viewer reaction to Luke, Chase etc. Millsy said that Luke was the choice until they started seeing really positive SM reaction to Nick and then switched gears. So, he couldn't have known during BIP. I personally think they've always wanted Nick as the lead, but viewers weren't on board until now.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:57 pm

I don't think Nick or Jen did anything "wrong" during the finale. I think they both were honest about their own feelings, but their feelings just didn't match up completely.

I don't think Nick was being nefarious when he allowed Jen to speak her piece (I am certain she was instructed to speak first).  He didn't know exactly what she was going to say to him until she said it.  And do we really know what either of them actually said in that moment with all of the splicing and dicing they do? I doubt it. That fact was reinforced in my mind after watching the FRC of Jojo's season.

I don't like to see anyone get rejected or hurt on these shows.  However, IF a person (the one about to be rejected) is expressing their true thoughts and feelings for someone, that is all that they can do. Speak their truth. Don't diminish it or embellish it. Just speak from your heart.  When we express our affections and love for another, it is a gift that we give to them.  How that gift is received is up to the other person. No shame in that. Is there temporary embarrassment or the sting of rejection? Yes. But those things will pass. They are/should be fleeting. If you speak your truth from the heart there should be no long term embarrassment or pain.

It is always said that The Bachelor is about the man finding love, and that's true. But it is also a learning experience for the women on the show.  Most past contestants speak about a lot of time spent soul searching and reassessing their lives.  The rejected ones get to look back at their thoughts, feelings, and actions and see if they have any regrets or things they would do differently going forward. When I see the rejected person expressing their true feelings moments before being sent home, (separate from all of my thoughts about producer manipulation and editing) I see a person who is vulnerable and taking risks.

After I get past all of the shock and sadness that might come from watching that RC/FRC rejection scenes, I can honestly say that those are the scenes that mean the most to me as a viewer. I am not reveling in their pain, but rather in their courage to be vulnerable.  There is beauty in the sun shining brightly on the couple in love, but there is also beauty to be found in the shadows and hearts of the rejected. IF I have judged them to be genuine, I can see the best of humanity in all of them.

JMHOAA.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariela Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:17 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:I don't get it, was Nick supposed to fake it with Jen and continue dating her if he wasn't feeling it? He acknowledges she's amazing, but just not for him. Isn't it better that she gets to find someone who will have romantic feelings for her, instead of being with Nick who wasn't feeling it? That's what dating is.

Hell NO!

Jen deserves MUCH BETTER.
Nick just needs to GO AWAY, off the TV screen and take his time finding a girl....Silly me, he just wants to be on TEEVEE!

I'm ticked off that I won't be able to see someone else as the Bach, I mean ANYONE else but fifty-timer/slimer Nick.
EDIT

I watch it strictly for entertainment, because human behavior intrigues me, but honestly I cannot watch anymore of Nick. I just can't. Perhaps, it's because I'm on to him....Nobody in their right frame of mind goes on TV 4X, with a CAMERA in their face, and is SERIOUS about marriage, nobody.....a little sick, if you ask me.

*EDIT* TO ADD IMO*******

Ariela

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Ariela wrote:
Fingersandtoes wrote:I don't get it, was Nick supposed to fake it with Jen and continue dating her if he wasn't feeling it? He acknowledges she's amazing, but just not for him. Isn't it better that she gets to find someone who will have romantic feelings for her, instead of being with Nick who wasn't feeling it? That's what dating is.

Hell NO!

Jen deserves MUCH BETTER.
Nick just needs to GO AWAY, off the TV screen and take his time finding a girl....Silly me, he just wants to be on TEEVEE!

I'm ticked off that I won't be able to see someone else as the Bach, I mean ANYONE else but fifty-timer/slimer Nick.
EDIT

I watch it strictly for entertainment, because human behavior intrigues me, but honestly I cannot watch anymore of Nick. I just can't. Perhaps, it's because I'm on to him....Nobody in their right frame of mind goes on TV 4X, with a CAMERA in their face, and is SERIOUS about marriage, nobody.....a little sick, if you ask me.

*EDIT* TO ADD IMO*******

I think there are very few, precious few people, who go on this show even once to find love. For me personally, it's mostly a television show for my entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. I happen to like the soap operatic/continuing story lines some of these people bring. Nick brings that in spades. Someone else mentioned Nick is like the Bachelor version of Boston Rob from Survivor, and I have to agree. Rob just HAD to win at some point, and Nick just HAD to become the lead at some point. It was both of their destiny's. laugh out loud laugh out loud For me, I love the power house returnees. It's entertaining as crap, in both instances - Rob and Nick. I get that's not going to be everyone's cup of tea though.

I thought JoJo had a VERY weak pool of men, seriously one of the saddest lineups in recent memory. It's a good season to pass on all of them. I do not believe for one nanosecond Luke would have found "the one" either. And with Luke, I personally would have been bored to tears. At least now I get Nick. And however it shakes out, I'm betting I will be entertained. I'm already entertained and he hasn't even started filming yet! laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+118
MonicaJM2001
gurlbrit
nan27
lleyki
whit90