SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 37 of 47 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 37 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:22 am

Bobette wrote:
TheWrongReasons wrote:
dee wrote:In terms of intelligence... Kevin was enrolled at Waterloo University. It has consistently been ranked in the top 3 schools in Canada. He's not dumb, IMO.
:yes: 

University rankings Canada 2017: Comprehensive

1. Simon Fraser
2. Waterloo
3. Victoria 
4. Guelph 
5. Carleton

Source: 
http://www.macleans.ca/education/unirankings/university-rankings-2017-comprehensive/

School rankings are irrelevant, IMO - We were comparing individuals and I was pointing out that Mikhel must be extremely intelligent to be an aviation engineer.  People say "hey, it's not rocket science" for a reason!

Did Kevin even graduate?  Do we know what he studied at Waterloo?  Whatever it was, I bet it's not rocket science.  IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if he only went there because his Mum wouldn't let him leave their hometown.  

He did tell the lawyer he dropped out. Dont know where he dropped out of

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 37 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by richmondrose Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:39 am

He had to have had good grades to get into Waterloo. They don't accept dummies.
Jasmine isn't a university graduate either but she sure is smart and successful. A degree is just a piece of paper and it's what you make of yourself in life that counts ... degree or not. imoaa
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:43 am

see2love wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
Fifty wrote:

Can I add something quickly to this.   Mikhel has been there since Ep 2 when they kissed the first night and have kissed or been shown having conversations almost every episode. For Jasmine to say that he has caught up, means that's what they want you to think.  The thing is unless you go back and watch all the eps again, Mikhel slid under the radar even on this forum because Mike was front and centre.  Classic producer move.  Ive read through some early threads on here and Mikhel was clearly the last on on SM but no one noticed in favour of Mike and KW.

As for Cathrine on Sean's season, funnily enough one of the producers has a pic showing her watching Sean Lowes season in January. Perhaps in preparation for this season.  

https://instagram.com/p/BAldKffkgwZ/

Re the bold. Mikhel never fell under the radar for me. We need to be careful when including everyone in opinions. I said many times, she seemed to really like him. During the CP, when she brought him coffee, and many more instances. Mikhel was sleuthed  by @Aunties_Love, and noted he was  last on SM  Here and that he is not a big SM user.

@Emutennis who was at the same resort posted pics of the contestants, was a huge help for sleuthing and checking everyone's SM.

Here

as was @Bachfan2016 who told us that
the bachelors were not able to post on IG until after filming was done

So we knew  we wouldn't get many clues via SM.

If Jasmine said Mikhel was catching up then IMO it means the feelings she had for him were not at the same level as Kevin and someone has to be the F2. I believe she really likes him. TPTB can try and make me believe what they want, I can see the chemistry she has with Kevin, and IMO it's not the same as with Mikhel. If Mikhel caught up, good for him, I'll be happy for her either way.

However IMO the F1 doesn't "catch up".

I dont believe he was catching up at all I think its part of the "bachelor speak" leads have to give. If we can believe some things are bachelor speak, I choose to believe this is Bachelor speak too. She has said there was a connection with Mikhel from the start, she said when he kisses her everythin else fades away i. Episode 3!  Are we forgetting holy mikhel after the kiss? Episode 4, she was laying on his chect in bed, kissing his shoulde or and him on the mouth. She couldnt wait to see him so she took him coffee in bed.
On every episode she is seen wih him and then admits to falling in love witth him on htd.
Meanwhile we only see her doubting Kevin is there for her or if its a competition, he says the right things, he isnused to getting girls, and thos isnt editing they are things she said out of her mouth about both guys.
We all see things different  and speculate here and even when there has been strong evidence or proof of F1 we still sometimes doubt and keep speculating. Think Nick and plane video, Brad and Fridgegate. Makes it all fun!
My point being..... leveryone is right in their speculation until the final lady sings! IMHO

Thanks @see2love I agree with you.  The point I was trying to make was more often than not the F1 comes in strong at the beginning but the F3 and/or F2 take over mid way through IMO. I have seen it many times and it seems to be a producer trick to establish a two horse race at the end and sometimes a twist. Perhaps some of the information mentioned in the threads relating to Kyle being in the top 3 threw the scent off Mikhel.. And I suppose we can all agree she has chemistry with both  its just who she picks at the end IMO.

Oops forgot to add that yes it was sleuthed he was on SM late but no one saw him as a contender but yet saw mike as the F1 because SM has him back on 31may IMO that's why I considered it as going under the radar for some. So unless someone has some insider knowledge that KW is F1 they're not sharing, one can only speculate in fun, no. JMO of course.

Last edited by Fifty on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:48 am

richmondrose wrote:He had to have had good grades to get into Waterloo. They don't accept dummies.
Jasmine isn't a university graduate either but she sure is smart and successful. A degree is just a piece of paper and it's what you make of yourself in life that counts ... degree or not. imoaa

Although they do have Drama and speech studies so perhaps seeing he was on reality tv before he thought of an acting career. Who knows.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:50 am

Bobette wrote:
TheWrongReasons wrote:
dee wrote:In terms of intelligence... Kevin was enrolled at Waterloo University. It has consistently been ranked in the top 3 schools in Canada. He's not dumb, IMO.

1. Simon Fraser
2. Waterloo
3. Victoria 
4. Guelph 
5. Carleton

Source: 
http://www.macleans.ca/education/unirankings/university-rankings-2017-comprehensive/

School rankings are irrelevant, IMO - We were comparing individuals and I was pointing out that Mikhel must be extremely intelligent to be an aviation engineer.  People say "hey, it's not rocket science" for a reason!

Did Kevin even graduate?  Do we know what he studied at Waterloo?  Whatever it was, I bet it's not rocket science.  IMO, I wouldn't be surprised if he only went there because his Mum wouldn't let him leave their hometown.  
IMO Kevin is a smart guy. In others' opinions, Mikhel might seem more intelligent because of his profession. That's fine. I think that's a slippery slope and that people shouldn't necessarily be judged by their profession (although Kevin's is an awesome one IMO) or for that matter, their major. Intelligence is IMO much more complex than that.

I was merely using factual, research based rankings to support @dee 's post & to highlight where their respective schools stand. IMO school rankings are not irrelevant because they can affect what marks you need to get into that school in the first place. For example, I'll use the same subject for comparison's sake ... the cut-off range for Engineering at Carleton is 75-85% while for Waterloo it is 80-95+%. These requirements are facts and not opinions.

https://admissions.carleton.ca/requirements/ontario-high-school/

https://uwaterloo.ca/engineering/future-undergraduate-students/application-process/admission-averages

And regarding the comment that Kevin might have gone to UW because his mom wanted him to ... regardless of why he went there, the fact remains that he would've needed a pretty decent average to get into such a high ranking, reputable, internationally respected school in the first place.

ETA: I looked up the admission average requirements for Honours Arts for both schools for diversity's sake: 
UW - low 80's  (Source)
Carleton - 73-76% (see link for Carleton info above)

So technically, it's possible for someone entering Arts at UW to have had a higher average than someone entering Engineering at Carleton.

Last edited by TheWrongReasons on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:06 am; edited 4 times in total

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:57 am

Honestly, I think if he went to Waterloo it wasn't because he wanted to be an actor. In my day, people went there because it had a very strong engineering and business/ science programme. Things may have changed since then, but I seriously doubt it.

Last edited by richmondrose on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:00 am; edited 2 times in total
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:58 am

Does anyone want me to ask him what he studied?. I have already sent him a tweet before. I don't mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:20 am

richmondrose wrote:Honestly, I think if he went to Waterloo it wasn't because he wanted to be an actor. In my day, people went there was because it had a very strong engineering and  business/ science programme. Things may changed since then, but I seriously doubt it.

Trust me, I can vouch that things have not changed since "your day" laugh out loud. Still a super competitive school, with heavy focus on engineering/maths/sciences/programming/accounting/business. Don't even think about getting in these days without a 3.7+ GPA.

Anyway, I was merely trying to say that Kevin could also be considered "intelligent" because I know he would have had good grades just to get into UW.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:20 am

see2love wrote:
Bobette wrote:
TheWrongReasons wrote:

1. Simon Fraser
2. Waterloo
3. Victoria 
4. Guelph 
5. Carleton

Source: 

He did tell the lawyer he dropped out. Dont know where he dropped out of

Yes, you're absolutely right @see2love, Kevin did drop out - thanks for reminding me. I just rewatched that segment and was also reminded that Mikhel completed a postgraduate qualification from BCIT. yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by primexi Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 am

just a funny thing looking back now, as soon as mikhel introduced himself in ep 1 and went inside to meet the guys, the first hand he shakes is kevin w's laugh out loud

primexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:33 am

Fifty wrote:Does anyone want me to ask him what he studied?. I have already sent him a tweet before. I don't mind.

Yes please. cantstopl

While you're at it, get him to tell us who wins and say "Hi" to his Mum for me.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:42 am

Bobette wrote:
Fifty wrote:Does anyone want me to ask him what he studied?. I have already sent him a tweet before. I don't mind.

Yes please. cantstopl

While you're at it, get him to tell us who wins and say "Hi" to his Mum for me.

cantstopl @Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 47 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - F1-F2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+46
verbadjectivenoun
misshappy
Kashathediva
ElonM
LoveDovez
Love_is_Eternal
Topazgold
Seabear
lrose
Bobette
Just Looking