SELECT CONTENT

Danielle Lo (Lombard) - Bachelor 21 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Page 65 of 69 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Danielle Lo (Lombard) - Bachelor 21 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 65 Empty Re: Danielle Lo (Lombard) - Bachelor 21 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by Guest Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 am

IMO, this crew from Nick's season of TB reference a lot of pop culture appropriate to their generation, which may not be understandable at first to those of a different generation. For instance, Jasmine threw a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hashtag at that above tweet of Raven's. Familiar w/ that expession? Google works wonders when trying to speak the same language as these darn kids these days! You almost have to "sleuth" in order to "translate" it, IMO. I try to hold off a bit on making a judgement w/ them sometimes until I get a better idea of what they are really trying to say, which isn't always easy to determine based on not being completely familiar w/ their language.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by knowbody on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added source link)

Back to top Go down

Danielle Lo (Lombard) - Bachelor 21 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 65 Empty Re: Danielle Lo (Lombard) - Bachelor 21 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:01 am

Well lo and behold, I thought V referred to her as D Lo because there were two Danielle's this season in the house. Sounds a whole lot easier and much less stupid than Dan Lo. I mean the girls are probably referencing both Danielle's and after a while you take the easy route, or No? How hard is that to grasp? She could have easily told the girls just to call her D Lo since it happens to be a nickname apparently. I'm sure if she wants to grab attention, a Twitter search will reveal a few nicknames she won't throw shade back. Good Lord.

IMO, this amounts to "Stupid is as stupid does"

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:09 am

knowbody wrote:IMO, this crew from Nick's season of TB reference a lot of pop culture appropriate to their generation, which may not be understandable at first to those of a different generation. For instance, Jasmine threw a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hashtag at that above tweet of Raven's. Familiar w/ that expession? Google works wonders when trying to speak the same language as these darn kids these days! You almost have to "sleuth" in order to "translate" it, IMO. I try to hold off a bit on making a judgement w/ them sometimes until I get a better idea of what they are really trying to say, which isn't always easy to determine based on not being completely faimiliar w/ their language.

I am 28 and totally from their generation so to speak. I get most of their expressions as well. However, I was raised to respect other women and calling them 'bi*ches' even in fun wasn't encouraged. Being petty IMO is nothing to be proud of - it comes easy, takes no effort. Unfortunately, IMO most people these days in my so-called generation think it's cool to be disrespectful/petty/rude/entitled and term it 'real'. Most of them with that attitude IMO also have a rude awakening when they step into the real world and face actual real-life challenges. This fame is fleeting IMO. IMO Soon enough there will be a new bachelor and his new set of girls. IMO Many of Nick's girls have a lot of growing up to do in the meantime.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:01 am

coolangel wrote:
knowbody wrote:IMO, this crew from Nick's season of TB reference a lot of pop culture appropriate to their generation, which may not be understandable at first to those of a different generation. For instance, Jasmine threw a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hashtag at that above tweet of Raven's. Familiar w/ that expession? Google works wonders when trying to speak the same language as these darn kids these days! You almost have to "sleuth" in order to "translate" it, IMO. I try to hold off a bit on making a judgement w/ them sometimes until I get a better idea of what they are really trying to say, which isn't always easy to determine based on not being completely faimiliar w/ their language.

I am 28 and totally from their generation so to speak. I get most of their expressions as well. However, I was raised to respect other women and calling them 'bi*ches' even in fun wasn't encouraged. Being petty IMO is nothing to be proud of - it comes easy, takes no effort. Unfortunately, IMO most people these days in my so-called generation think it's cool to be disrespectful/petty/rude/entitled and term it 'real'. Most of them with that attitude IMO also have a rude awakening when they step into the real world and face actual real-life challenges. This fame is fleeting IMO. IMO Soon enough there will be a new bachelor and his new set of girls. IMO Many of Nick's girls have a lot of growing up to do in the meantime.

All JMO

Petty wap (jasmine spelled it wrong) is just a petty person named after the rapper fetty wap. Another term is petty labelle (after Patti Labelle). These terms aren't just ordinary slang, it's AAVE. Nick's season had a diverse group of women, who became friends with other women in the house and the slang rubbed off. IMO that's probably why there's an uptick in the slang usage from the women this season compared to in the past. I'm uncomfortable with the negative connotations I see being associated with it. I was also raised to respect women and the word b*tch is so universal in my vocabulary. If it's not your wave, cool, everything ain't for everybody, but using it as a meter stick for who does or doesn't respect women in 2017? Probably won't get very accurate results IMO. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:20 am

AAVE African American Vernacular English

Last edited by knowbody on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:31 am

Yeah, to me, context is everything when it comes to "b*tch":
Ex. Alexis saying "move bitches" in jokes at the RC is vastly different from Kristina liking a tweet with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]*tch. I personally would not lump it all together or be offended at all by the former, but that's my perspective.
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:01 am

ReneeM wrote:I don't think it's about attention seeking though. She tweeted that when the Luke drama was going on, all she had to do was maybe play up w/e relationship they had, maybe go on a twitter rant and boom she'd probably be in the headlines tomorrow. This was super unecessary if all she was after was attention considering she had another, better (IMO) angle. I think she just don't like that woman and couldn't help being petty. She faved this tweet from Raven a couple of days ago. All JMO.

I didn't mean she was trying to make headlines or anything, she just couldn't pass by Vanessa's name without throwing some shade. It takes more effort to say something than not, which leads me to believe she just wanted to let everyone know she has a problem with V. IMO she's hoping people will side-eye V, but the only person I'm side-eyeing is Danielle herself. I don't think pettiness is something to be celebrated. Not that I'm not petty myself sometimes, but I don't go around advertising it, that's for sure. I'm not concerned about Vanessa though, since I doubt she even knows, let alone cares, what her fiancé's petty "exes" are saying. And that's why I think calling it drama is an overstatement. Kind of reminds me of James Taylor trashing Nick in some interview and then posting an apology video on IG just before his season started. Nick ignored the whole thing, as he should, so it's not drama to me, just an irrelevant person chirping from the sidelines in hopes of some fleeting attention. Drama needs two active players involved. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:10 am

mindless wrote:
ReneeM wrote:I don't think it's about attention seeking though. She tweeted that when the Luke drama was going on, all she had to do was maybe play up w/e relationship they had, maybe go on a twitter rant and boom she'd probably be in the headlines tomorrow. This was super unecessary if all she was after was attention considering she had another, better (IMO) angle. I think she just don't like that woman and couldn't help being petty. She faved this tweet from Raven a couple of days ago. All JMO.

I didn't mean she was trying to make headlines or anything, she just couldn't pass by Vanessa's name without throwing some shade. It takes more effort to say something than not, which leads me to believe she just wanted to let everyone know she has a problem with V. IMO she's hoping people will side-eye V, but the only person I'm side-eyeing is Danielle herself. I don't think pettiness is something to be celebrated. Not that I'm not petty myself sometimes, but I don't go around advertising it, that's for sure. I'm not concerned about Vanessa though, since I doubt she even knows, let alone cares, what her fiancé's petty "exes" are saying. And that's why I think calling it drama is an overstatement. Kind of reminds me of James Taylor trashing Nick in some interview and then posting an apology video on IG just before his season started. Nick ignored the whole thing, as he should, so it's not drama to me, just an irrelevant person chirping from the sidelines in hopes of some fleeting attention. Drama needs two active players involved. JMO.

Just seeing this tweet by Raven. I am 36 ( couple weeks younger than Nick) so I get slang and all that, though i didn't know the petty wap meaning, though I have heard of the rapper. Anyway, when did bragging about your worst qualities, such as being petty, become cool and something to be admired? I usually don't tend to broadcast my flaws to tbe public just so I look tough and like I don't give a damn. To me it is a weak attempt to hide insecurities. JMO.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 pm

ReneeM wrote:
coolangel wrote:

All JMO

Petty wap (jasmine spelled it wrong) is just a petty person named after the rapper fetty wap. Another term is petty labelle (after Patti Labelle). These terms aren't just ordinary slang, it's AAVE. Nick's season had a diverse group of women, who became friends with other women in the house and the slang rubbed off. IMO that's probably why there's an uptick in the slang usage from the women this season compared to in the past. I'm uncomfortable with the negative connotations I see being associated with it. I was also raised to respect women and the word b*tch is so universal in my vocabulary. If it's not your wave, cool, everything ain't for everybody, but using it as a meter stick for who does or doesn't respect women in 2017? Probably won't get very accurate results IMO. All JMO.

That's the reality of things IMO. Not everyone is familiar/comfortable with every slang/word from every other culture IMO. There will be people who are okay with it and there will be people who are not IMO.
'Bi*ch' is a term I have seen people of all cultures use esp. after the new music wave where it is in a lot of songs. Even in 2017, IMO there are people who find that term disrespectful even when said in humor. Some of them IMO choose to not say anything coz the replies they get range from 'Why so uppity?' to 'Where's your sense of humor?' I myself would not bother to tell someone IRL that it makes me uncomfortable unless it is directed to me. To each his own. But using terms which might have a negative meaning attached to it comes with the territory IMO. Some might judge them based on it and that's their opinion IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by cookielover12 Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:53 pm

I thought the girls called Danielle L DLo because they were two danielles.

They called Danielle M, D. Because Taylor & Vanessa had a snapchat video saying we miss u D.
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 pm

These people are all nuts IMO and I am loving the drama  laugh out loud  laugh out loud . Has Bachelor Nation ever seen a more interesting week? Between Josh-Amanda, Luke and Chad drama, this week has been [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. rofl

Is DLo now turning on Lauren?  Did Luke promise to take her to the end of BIP and get engaged? dizzy He liked this tweet from DLo. Lauren fired back.

When DLo was called out that the girls were just warning them, she went on to say that nothing negative was directed towards them, There isn't any drama and this is hypothetically speaking. Yeah, Right! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Dear goodness. This is just petty drama everywhere. Danielle Lombard (I still don't have permission to address her on first name basis, let alone nicknames!!!) getting called out on her petty too. Did she think she was Luke's one and only? Smh.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 69 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Danielle Lo (Lombard) - Bachelor 21 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

+66
dw_a_mom
TrishB
AllAboutLove
emusha
MVMom39forever