SELECT CONTENT

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 43 of 78 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 60 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:44 pm

nannymargie wrote:
hae1001 wrote:This all goes back to was this "issue" even real, or is it contrived drama for the show? I'm going with the latter.

I have to agree with you because why the conversation with that elderly couple in the diner and the elder couple mention that he had cold feet also but he was glad he went thru with it because they have been together 70 years.  Was that a sign that Ben would change his mind again?  Also didn't they take engagement after that episode was aired?
Yeah, the elderly couple talk was set up, and the storyline makes it seem like Ben WILL change his mind..but at this point, this show is so blended between real & fake, who knows IMO. I believe most of these scenes are being shown out of order from when they filmed them. It's all a jumbled mess. And I also believe that TPTB were the ones to set up literally everything Ben and Lauren did on the show; none of it was their idea IMO.

nannymargie wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:@sosleepy I'm sure there were sweet moments and tones of love, but some of the things I've heard him say were quite harsh and not necessary.

It seems like "he doesn't really know her" is something he continuously says. Essentially saying they've accomplished nothing in their relationship along with essentially saying if she walked down the aisle towards him he wouldn't really know who she was fully is just crazy to me. No need for those blows one right after the other. No matter how sweet and loving he is to her I would be critical of that. JMO

What surprises me is that they did these type of questions about each other after the finale and they were pretty much in sync with their answers and what they knew about each other.  Why all of a sudden after spending more time together they know less.  Could those answers have been staged?  Something about this just doesn't make sense to me.
They weren't the same questions/answers though. I think they just got unlucky with that game. It's a toss up IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mindless Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:05 pm

nannymargie wrote:
hae1001 wrote:This all goes back to was this "issue" even real, or is it contrived drama for the show? I'm going with the latter.

I have to agree with you because why the conversation with that elderly couple in the diner and the elder couple mention that he had cold feet also but he was glad he went thru with it because they have been together 70 years.  Was that a sign that Ben would change his mind again?  Also didn't they take engagement after that episode was aired?

There's no doubt that most of the events on this show are scripted, but I don't think Ben's cold feet are. Their discussion during the so called therapy session is probably the most real thing I've seen on this show so far and I really don't see Ben magically feeling ready within weeks of it. I thought the meeting with the old couple was more of a way to reassure the viewers that Ben and Lauren will be fine and will live happily ever after, even if the wedding is off at the moment. They didn't want to leave us with the impression that they're heading for a breakup, so we're shown a couple who had second thoughts in the beginning but have been together for 70 years regardless. Both that and the new furniture "surprise" seemed like a way to redeem Ben after his crappy behaviour.

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
mindless wrote:
I didn't get the impression that the wedding is somehow imminent. If they're feeling good and relaxed now thanks to there being no wedding pressure, then why would they start the wedding stress again? I think they'll wait a while. Then again I don't get the point of the bachelor/-ette parties in Vegas, if the wedding isn't anytime soon, even if it is all scripted filler. Maybe it's just some symbolic "next step" in place of a wedding rather than preceding one, I don't know. In any case the twins were there, yet they just told Us Weekly that they don't think Ben and Lauren will be getting married anytime soon, so I tend to take their word for it. I think they would know if the plans had changed (again).
Maybe the twins and Ben/Lauren are only saying the wedding isn't any time soon for the script, to not spoil the show. Maybe these next two episodes and/or the near future, a wedding will be announced.

The twins could've just said they don't know what their plans are at the moment, if they can't tell the truth yet. I don't see a reason to lie and say it's not happening soon if it is. Besides, that article was published before the episode even aired, so they kind of did spoil the show by telling us in advance that the wedding's on hold.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:07 pm

I do think that all or most of this stuff is what they've gone through, but not at the exact time of the filming. I just don't think there has been enough time from Ben's completely calling off the wedding to next few months for him to suddenly be ready to get married. Would 6 months make that much of a difference?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Saying this with a grain of salt but their whole trip to Honduras last week and Lauren bringing her best friend Whitney along could be that something's up with their relationship/wedding problems who knows. Sometimes you want to bring a friend along for moral support when things aren't so peachy with your significant other. Or maybe its just the opposite and Whitney just wanted to tag along and help. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:30 pm

@Cila51290 Yeah I found that odd and that they didn't fly out together. Their vacation was just the two of them though. They seem happy post filming but maybe that is a front? I feel like I don't know anymore. Tomorrow is their one year anniversary I guess we shall see if they mention it.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:30 pm

What is the sm vibe like? Are they posting/loving each other? Snapping together? I wonder if she's mad at how he's handled all this and if any of that is seen through sm.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:37 pm

Wasn't the Honduras trip for humanity and hope, the charity Ben's been active with for a long time?
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:39 pm

No she still posts happy stuff, just posted an Instagram today thanking him for the car. She posted a lot about Honduras and they have both posted on his new shirt for humanity and hope. Some cute couple snaps from their vacation... I don't know. Very cryptic in that Interview when he says that decision (to cancel the wedding) at that point led us to every decision we've made to get to today. He also says they are the happiest they've ever been. But what decisions have they made? To get married? To wait a year or something? So cryptic.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:41 pm

casjacknick wrote:No she still posts happy stuff, just posted an Instagram today thanking him for the car. She posted a lot about Honduras and they have both posted on his new shirt for humanity and hope. Some cute couple snaps from their vacation... I don't know. Very cryptic in that Interview when he says that decision (to cancel the wedding) at that point led us to every decision we've made to get to today. He also says they are the happiest they've ever been. But what decisions have they made? To get married? To wait a year or something? So cryptic.
Thanks. I was just curious. We will probs know more after the show is done airing.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:32 pm

Yeah, what does that mean: canceling the wedding at that point in time, has allowed them to make decisions today..? So weird. I'm guessing we'll find out shortly..? And I'm sure they'll mention their anniversary tommorow. And I also still think a wedding is happening soon; maybe I'm just blinded by the obviousness of their determination or something laugh out loud IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Ben told Juliet Litman in their interview mid October on her podcast that we'd have concrete answers about where they are at with wedding planning, but we'd have to wait until the final episode to find out. That's less than 2 weeks away. For every "we are taking our time" interview, they have another interview that leads me to believe the wedding is still on.

I can see it going either way, but you guys are convincing and now I'm like 60/40 wedding is off. laugh out loud Mostly because of those nitwit twins. I just do not understand why have the Bachelor parties. It better not be some bogus symbolic thing. That will piss me off on behalf of Lauren, to have to go through that charade.

As far as them breaking up ... I don't see a breakup as imminent and I don't think that just because they postponed this wedding it won't ever happen. But I do think if they actually turn this offer down, it won't be televised and they can go ahead and plan on a private wedding down the line. I'll also probably start to emotionally distance myself as a fan. If they turn it down I don't think it automatically spells doom and gloom, but it's not a great sign either.  JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:22 pm

I think they will get married. It may not be before the end of 2016 and I don't think that is unreasonable.
I think any of the doubt issues come from the storyboarding of their show and this is nothing more than the manufactured storyboarded drama we see with shows. It keeps the water cooler talk going.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 78 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 60 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+56
mamahamme
SarahD
sublime
Seabear
Newt