SELECT CONTENT

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 69 of 78 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 69 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:50 am

Just Looking wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:To me, it's not about the voice, I actually have no problem with cartoon/high pitch voice with some female casts. But it is more about the way she speaks, IMO, it is fake-nnnn (vocal fry together with her accent,  Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 69 3806527698 )
Just to throw something in - I've noticed that the sound on the videos is not exactly true. This applies to the ones that I've watched anyway, so maybe not a true indication of her real voice.  Just putting it out there as a though to consider.
Like Peggy said, I'm pretty sure that's the altered YouTube videos, that are purposely done like that, to avoid copyright, and thus getting the videos taken down. Is that what you meant?

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 69 Empty Re: Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:53 am

I have not seen or heard Lauren say or do anything to suggest, that she thinks she's above everyone else, or better than others. If she has, can someone point out to me where, I'd like to see it.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:52 pm

LOL. Things this thread has taught me: some people don't like Lauren's voice. Point made! Good to know. Such detailed analysis. (Obviously allowed.) laugh out loud laugh out loud

sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:00 pm

The vocal fry seems to get worse every time she's reciting scripted lines. Perhaps it's her "acting voice". Most people speak differently when they're trying to act, even second rate professional actors. It's lucky I find her likeable in general.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:26 pm

I would guess that I have watched all of Benlo videos, interviews, etc. As much as anyone and I have never found anything off about her actions or voice. One of our skaters was saying in a recent interview that he and his partner faced a lot of criticism, for some reason and he couldn't understand it because theses people didn't even know them, personally and I would say the same about this couple. T
Junequilts
Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:33 pm

@Junequilts I don't notice a weird vocal quality either. That being said if it is noticeable when she is "acting" (and their new show has quite a bit of that) she may not even realize that she's doing it.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Facebook and Twitter and Instagram and other blogs have mentioned Lauren's voice, so it's not just this thread laugh out loud

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by BigFanXXX Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:33 pm

sosleepy wrote:LOL. Things this thread has taught me: some people don't like Lauren's voice. Point made! Good to know. Such detailed analysis. (Obviously allowed.) laugh out loud laugh out loud

In case you haven't seen any episodes of Ben and Lauren, the next one will air tomorrow night then Google the definition of vocal fry.

BigFanXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:40 pm

On the list of my grievances with some of these reality stars, one's vocal quality hardly registers with me. Whitney B. is one of the most high quality individuals this franchise has produced (IMO) and her voice is YIKES! Top 3 worse of all time, IMO.

To me Lauren sounds articulate, well spoken, put together and not at all valley girl in interviews. I have noticed the vocal fry on the show, both The Bachelor and HEA? at times. But it's all so what to me. JoJo's voice always personally kind of bothered me, but she's a kind person who gave us all Bachelor level entertainment despite her vocal quality which didn't personally appeal to me. So it's all whatever to me. And, duly noted at this point that some don't like her voice, or what she does with her voice. Got it.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Ben and Lauren are on another press tour today. Man, Naz is really trying it with all of this stuff. She really tried to make her work stand out all on her lonesome, but failed pretty bad. I hope TPTB are done with the couple shows after this go around. Save your money, guys! IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:03 pm

The topic is Ben and Lauren and HEA.  Let's not turn this into a contest between cast and their voices or get too far off topic.  

And again, a friendly reminder, there is a Ben and Lauren fan thread for those that don't like reading or joining in in discussion of anything less than 100% positive about them.

Carry on...
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 pm

I like the couple shows. Even scripted, I like seeing what the couples get up to after finishing the show. There was a lot of stuff I loved in this B&L HEA. Some stuff was weirdly produced, some over scripted, but IMO it was a success.

I'm suspecting the media rounds are about some future project, they wouldn't do them after this show ends.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 78 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben and Lauren Happily Ever After - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+56
mamahamme
SarahD
sublime
Seabear
Newt