SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 35 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 35 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:43 pm

My opinion of Millsy is he is perhaps---perhaps a half step above pond scum. And he looks like a weasel, too, IMO. He kind of makes MF look like a gentleman. IMO He is an ignorant some of a witch. IMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 35 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mindless Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:14 pm

Lara wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
bblake wrote:Vanessa favourited this tweet about being the Bachelorette, so if Raven and Rachel are 'self promoting', then so is she...**IMO** https://twitter.com/allieecurran_/status/821705043581763586

And Nick begging Millsy to be the Bachelor for 3 years is way more famewhore-y behaviour than liking some supportive tweets about being the lead IMO. It makes him look desperate and disingenuous (again, JMO). Plus, Rachel likes every supportive comment she gets on IG, not just the ones about being the Bachelorette, so I think it's more of a "thanking fans for their kind words" thing rather than a self-promoting thing.

I have never heard this or seen anything factual supporting the bolded. Can you point me to this please? The only thing I have heard indicating this was from Abby Draper to RS in the podcast which appears to be very subjective if not a scorned, angry woman, IMO. Her podcast has been refuted by several sources if this is the case.

Robert Mills said that in his first podcast that he does on EW.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I just listened to that podcast and nowhere did Robert Mills say Nick was "begging to be the Bachelor". He just said the only person who ever though Nick would be the Bachelor was Nick himself and that he was always happy to say "I'm very interested in being the Bachelor/I'm here for you, if you need a Bachelor". Seems like it was worth repeating, since they finally took him up on his offer. But Mills also said that at that point, after 3 times on the show even Nick thought there's no way it'll happen, so it was a surprise for him in that sense. Just wanted to clarify.

mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:45 pm

mindless wrote:
Lara wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:

I have never heard this or seen anything factual supporting the bolded. Can you point me to this please? The only thing I have heard indicating this was from Abby Draper to RS in the podcast which appears to be very subjective if not a scorned, angry woman, IMO. Her podcast has been refuted by several sources if this is the case.

I just listened to that podcast and nowhere did Robert Mills say Nick was "begging to be the Bachelor". He just said the only person who ever though Nick would be the Bachelor was Nick himself and that he was always happy to say "I'm very interested in being the Bachelor/I'm here for you, if you need a Bachelor". Seems like it was worth repeating, since they finally took him up on his offer. But Mills also said that at that point, after 3 times on the show even Nick thought there's no way it'll happen, so it was a surprise for him in that sense. Just wanted to clarify.

I wasn't the one who used the word "begging", but I can certainly understand why people paraphrased it that way. It was pretty clear to me that Mills was throwing shade at nick "nobody ever thought of nick as the bachelor...except nick." And "Nick was always happy to say I'm here for you if you need a bachelor....always was VERY interested to be the bachelor". Like, that is thirty as h*ll. Definitely makes nick's whole "I had to talk it over with my family and it took me three days and blah blah" sound like BS. More relevant to this thread, it makes liking a bunch of complimentary IG comments sound like child's play when it comes to self-promoting. Rachel, go to nick for tips, girl!

IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Dessler wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Vanessa liked comments of being the bachelorette on twitter. Rachel likes all the comments made on instagram, i think it's just a way of appreciating all the kind words without having to reply to everybody.

Saying that promoting one's self as the bachelorette is not a good look while Nick who has been begging to be the bachelor (as confirmed by Millsy) is the bachelor makes me LOL.

IMO Nick's approach of campaigning behind the scenes is the kind which actually works. CMIW but I don't remember Nick liking comments about being the Bachelor for all 3 seasons he has been and even after his edit changed on BIP. Call him what you want but IMO he comes closest to understanding how the industry works and how to get what he wants. Actors campaign for movies/oscars all the time mostly behind the scenes. How many times have we seen them like/comment/tweet or state in interviews that they want this role/award and then seen them get it? Hardly ever IMO. IMO The industry for all its flashiness actually prefers the subtle approach since they don't like being coerced by fans into making decisions. Call it an ego trip for TPTB if you will IMO.

I have no problems with contestants liking whatever they want. Their SM, their choice. Vanessa liking a comment about Bachelorette is hilarious to me though. In the end, whoever TPTB think will get them the best ratings will get the job.

All JMO. Smiley
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:47 pm

He might not have liked comments, but he went on multiple podcasts in summer of 2015 to tell everyone he was very interested in becoming the bachelor and would never do BIP. That is way more embarrassing to me, but as always, JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Kashathediva wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Robert Mills. OK. rofl He has also insinuated certain past cast were gay and other things most reputable. Thanks for that clarification.

Didn't he also call Drew, Des' runner up a pedophile or something like that? He's always sounded like an a-hole who thinks he's more clever and funnier than he is.

I am not going to condemn Rachel for liking posts suggesting her for the Bachelorette but I agree with the comment that what's so surprising about all of this, including Raven and others' likes is that typically the contestants, until they are eliminated during the season, work to make it seem like they might be the F1. But it's like they're pretty much going, "well who are we kidding, everyone knows we're not so whatever..." It is a bit odd.

And to me Vanessa's like of that tweet could be read as tongue in cheek because it says if she isn't chosen by him, which if the spoilers are right, she was.

Last edited by lleyki on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Lara wrote:He might not have liked comments, but he went on multiple podcasts in summer of 2015 to tell everyone he was very interested in becoming the bachelor and would never do BIP. That is way more embarrassing to me, but as always, JMO.
Yet, another reason, I like Nick. He's honest to a fault. He could have just as easily played it a different way when ask on those podcast as MANY others would have. He did say that he initially balked at TPTB suggestion of appearing on BIP, but he decided to go have some fun with friends and experience the journey.  Thank goodness, he did. Now my Nick is TB! Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 35 2498057887

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Aside from Rachel possibly being the first diverse ette, I just don't find her to be a FUN ette. She's smart, gracious, and can carry on a conversation. I just don't see the fun side and dancing with Nick is not gonna cut it for me. I need to see more from her. I still think her personality doesn't shine through on tv. She reminds me a bit of Caila. Something is missing. I'm sure she's lovely in person since she had tons of friends in the house. Rachel is still laying low and I don't think her 1 on 1 with Nick will change much as some may think it will. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:12 pm

Lara wrote:
mindless wrote:
Lara wrote:

I wasn't the one who used the word "begging", but I can certainly understand why people paraphrased it that way. It was pretty clear to me that Mills was throwing shade at nick "nobody ever thought of nick as the bachelor...except nick." And "Nick was always happy to say I'm here for you if you need a bachelor....always was VERY interested to be the bachelor". Like, that is thirty as h*ll. Definitely makes nick's whole "I had to talk it over with my family and it took me three days and blah blah" sound like BS. More relevant to this thread, it makes liking a bunch of complimentary IG comments sound like child's play when it comes to self-promoting. Rachel, go to nick for tips, girl!

IMO.

I think Mills throws shade at everyone, since he obviously thinks he's better than the cast seeing as they're puppets and he's the puppeteer. I thought he sounded surprisingly supportive of Nick though in general, saying how it's nice that he's not picky and likes all women so they could cast all kinds of people etc. And no, I still don't see Nick's actions as begging. I'd say at least 90% of these contestants would love to be the lead and say so when asked, so props to Nick if he had the balls to say it even when he clearly wasn't the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] option. He's a good salesman, putting the idea into their heads so when they finally did feel the need to look beyond the previous season, they knew who to turn to. It's called not burning bridges and keeping your options open. If he really was begging and badgering them, it would've never happened. JMO.

For the record, I'm not comparing him to Rachel in any way nor do I have a problem with Rachel's actions, so far at least. They can all like what they want, though some likes can be seen as spoilery and I wish they'd keep that in mind. Then again a like can just be a way of showing appreciation for the support as evidenced by Vanessa liking a Bachelorette related tweet as well, so it's up to everyone to interpret them as they please.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:13 pm

mindless wrote:

Thanks for clarifying.

mprssdbyu wrote:Speaking of Millsy...I listened to the podcast last night on Sirius with Millsy recapping Episode 3 with Julia. I found it interesting that Julia kept calling Rachel (Danielle) when discussing the race for the ring during the 2nd group date. Its obvious Julia hasn't taken the time to give RS spoilers the time of day./ Anyway, Millsy let it go for the longest time as if he wanted Danielle's name to stand out in lieu of Rachel. Oviously, Julia doesn't realize Rachel plays a big part this season. You would think that for someone who is discussed among ette potentials, Millsy would correct Julia immediately, IMO. I just found it odd. It also left me feeling Danielle's departure during Episode 6 is a bigger deal than I originally thought.

I would provide the link but I tend to screw such things up. Has anyone else listened to it?

Thanks for posting.

If Rachel continues to what IMO I call self promote herself being the 'ette, which at this point I do not see it at all as far as edit, IMO this will be another Luke Chase Caila Arie situation. I can see them justifying any reason at all for her not to be the 'ette. Jubiliee wasn't ready, so and so wasn't in it for the right reasons, BachelorNation wanted so and so. Meanwhile Rachel is packing and ready to fly out. I hope I'm wrong.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Cila51290 wrote:Aside from Rachel possibly being the first diverse ette, I just don't find her to be a FUN ette. She's smart, gracious, and can carry on a conversation. I just don't see the fun side and dancing with Nick is not gonna cut it for me. I need to see more from her. I still think her personality doesn't shine through on tv. She reminds me a bit of Caila. Something is missing. I'm sure she's lovely in person since she had tons of friends in the house. Rachel is still laying low and I don't think her 1 on 1 with Nick will change much as some may think it will. JMO
I'm afraid their chemistry may not shine as bright as screencaps lead me to believe. Rachel is very into Nick, IMO, but I'm not getting the romantic chemistry vibe from Nick just yet. I am hoping it picks up ...way up as she makes her way to F3. I do believe Raven is about to appear front and center in the story along with Vanessa.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:20 pm

I actually didn't feel like she was that into him just yet. It felt like nick was making the first moves, by pulling her into his arms when they were on the date and then telling her to "come here" to kiss her. She also hasn't shown any jealousy so far (although that might change). I wonder what Rachel's type has been before Nick, because it did feel to me that she was going through the motions but sees him as a friend, not really a romantic partner. IMO.

As far as Rachel being the Bachelorette, I actually don't even think that would be the best avenue for her to meet the type of guy she would want to settle down with unless casting changes it up and stops casting ex-athletes and personal trainers. So I think she'll be fine either way, IMO, although I selfishly would like to see more of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay - Bachelor 21 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+73
Seabear
sosleepy
allicat
Topazgold
Jolena