SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:20 am

Good interview by the new host Dom about this upcoming season.

Zac sounds like a great guy.

The Bachelor NZ: Dominic Bowden dishes on the new season
Last updated 16:29, March 14 2017

What can viewers expect to see this season?
I really want people to go into this season with an open mind. Whatever they thought about the last season, it wasn't the result we wanted either, but that's life and that's love and sometime it is not meant to be.

I think I am as excited as anyone to get the show under way, I am a super fan of the format. At its heart, what we want this show to be is a journey that the viewers can go on with this guy who is really just trying to make a connection with these fantastic girls.

I believe this year we have a great selection of girls this season and we have Zac (Franich, this year's Bachelor), who is just a really genuine guy.

I've worked on enough productions to know when someone is a good guy. It is when they're nice to someone on camera and when the cameras go away, they are still that same genuine, nice person.

Why do you think The Bachelor is so popular amongst Kiwis?
It is because it is celebrating Kiwis. It is such a small country that you are likely to know someone who knows someone who is on the show.

I also think this show tries to celebrate that old-school way of meeting people and there is just a bit of kitsch-factor to it as well. It is a fun show to watch. It is a show you want to get together and watch and laugh at the ridiculousness these poor girls are put through.

In America, The Bachelor is the most social show on television and I think in New Zealand, when the show is on, it dominates social media. Living in LA, looking at my own social feed it, is like, "wow, The Bachelor New Zealand is on'. I think people really want to be a part of the conversation on the show. I don't think it is something you watch and forget about it, it is something you watch and discuss until it is on again, because people can't get enough.

In your opinion, what is Zac's best quality?
I guess his ability to be really open. Zac sort of talks about that it is not the New Zealand way to be open, but he just wants people to get a sense of who he is.

I have been in a television environment before and I know he will have some scrutiny and people asking if this is the real him, so I admire the fact he has put himself in this position and he is doing it very open-armed.

He comes from a really great family and I am sure that they will keep him grounded, but I think it is still a scary place to be.

Do you think Zac is ready for the scrutiny that comes with being on television?
I don't think anyone is ever ready for going from nothing to going to something like this just overnight. Just walking down the streets where he lives and being recognised must be an absurdly unusual experience.

From what we have done so far, he has been incredibly true to himself. He is who he is and I guess that is all he can do. I don't think anyone is ever ready for it and anyone that told you that they were would be lying.

It is a tough thing and my hat is off to him, because New Zealand can sometimes be quite harsh.

Do you think he will meet "the one"?
I think that more than anyone I have ever met, he believes in serendipity. I think that sometimes in life now, especially in this modern age, it can be a lot easier to be cynical, but Zac does have that belief that there is serendipity and love at first sight and a lot of that comes down to his parents.

His parents have been married for many, many years. When he talks about advice and about wanting to do right on the show, he often mentions his mum and dad.

I think they are first and foremost in his mind. Not only does he want to be a gentleman, but he is looking for what his parents have and, without giving to much away, there are indications that it could be getting that way.

If you were a bachelorette, how would you make a good first impression?
If I was a bachelorette! I'm a little bit privy to the man, so I would say things like, I was a huge surf lifesaving fan and I love the beach and family. In a wider sense, if my sister or my friend was going to go on, I would say you have to be who you are, because it is so difficult to fake it and be believable.

You will always get found out. If you say what you think he wants to hear, instead of what you actually feel, people can see right through it and that is what keeps people sitting there with popcorn on their lap.

Finally, most importantly, will you be doing any of your famous long pauses on The Bachelor NZ?
Unbelievable, the pause man! It will be on my tombstone! Of course, as I always say, it was the producers in my ear saying, "no no no", but of course there will be no producers in my ear, so if I want to do long pauses I will do them.

I am only kidding. There will be no long pauses from me, but I think that maybe Zac might be dropping a few in there. Certainly he has to make those really tough decisions and  we are dealing with a guy who is going to love every single minute of this experience, except that one.

I am passing the pause mantle on to Zac and I'm training him, but I don't think he will be able to beat my one-minute record that I did last season on The X Factor. It is something I have a plaque for and I am very proud of!

The Bachelor New Zealand 7pm, Sundays and 7.30pm, Mondays, Three.

- Stuff
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/90404971/the-bachelor-nz-dominic-bowden-dishes-on-the-new-season
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:52 am

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:14 am

Videos of Zac doing media today:

Zac Franich reveals what he needs from a girl to be happy http://www.theedge.co.nz/home/shows/jay-jay--dom---randell/2017/03/zac-franich-reveals-what-he-needs-from-a-girl-to-be-happy-.html

Zac Franich reveals if there's a new Naz on this season http://www.theedge.co.nz/home/shows/jono--ben---sharyn/2017/03/zac-franich-reveals-if-there-s-a-new-naz-on-this-season.html

Zac answers 15 questions http://www.theedge.co.nz/home/shows/jay-jay--dom---randell/2017/03/dom-asks-zac-franich-what-his--number--is-and-it-s-so-cringe.html
- He mentions he cried on the show... about something he found out about/from one of the girls (?) and he said he just really empathized with how they were feeling (which is lovely that he is so open with his emotions)
- Some other typical Q's one expects from Dom but Zac seems very open and honest and laid back and takes it all in stride which is great
- Randell tells Zac he drew Lily (she got the first pre-season video of just her -- see her thread for more) in the sweepstakes and Zac says she is an amazing girl and he'd have a lot of fun with her (so maybe indicating she'd be good for someone else, she's 20 so kind of young for him)
- JJ then asks about their wildcard girl Jess and Zac says she is a lovely girl as well (he says they all are lovely girls)

Another video where they make him take off his shirt (he says he put on 8 kilos so maybe stress eating during the show?) http://www.theedge.co.nz/home/shows/jono--ben---sharyn/2017/03/the-new-bachelor-shows-us-what-he-s-packin--under-his-shirt.html
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:52 am

This Woman's Day interview Dom the host of the show (so CH's equivalent) says Zac gets to date 21 women.

If this is true, then considering there are only 19 women cast, that means there will be 2 intruders and so they will follow the Aussie format with not only the White Rose but also Intruders...?

question

Get the goss on the new Bachelor Zac Franich
byDominic BowdenMar 14, 2017
theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 Hero

A-list insider and series host Dominic Bowden grills the lucky man!

Finally, The Bachelor New Zealand is back! I’m a massive fan of the series and I’m incredibly excited to be going on this journey with Aotearoa’s hottest new TV hunk as the Three show’s host – but we aren’t here to talk about me.

The handsome, hilarious and down-to-earth Kiwi bloke you’ve all been dying to meet is (drum roll, please) Zac Franich! The muscle-bound 28-year-old hails from Auckland’s Hibiscus Coast, works as a surf-lifesaving coach and has represented his country in sprint kayaking. Plus, he’s a bloody decent guy with a heart of gold. Still not convinced? Read my exclusive chat, where the Bachelor dishes all.

Does it feel strange to be called The Bachelor?
Man, it’s so weird. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d be on TV, let alone looking for love in front of hundreds of New Zealanders. I’m not sure I’ll ever become fully comfortable with the title. This showbiz world is all very new to me – this is your domain, Dom! I’m stoked you are here with me, walking me down the aisle, so to speak.

Woah! I don’t know about walking you down the aisle. I’d like to think I’m in the mix for the wedding party, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here! Is that what you are looking for - a wife?
Let’s just say that I’m really hopeful I can find the perfect someone to connect with, fall in love with and be my better half. This show is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I really feel like it’s a chance for me to grow as a person too – I’m looking forward to meeting the person I am on the other side.

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 1489445587355_S1

Did someone put you up to applying?
Not exactly. A friend told me to throw my hat into the ring and I thought, “Why not?” When I got a reply, I remember thinking, “Oh, crap, what have I done?” It got very real very quickly. I’m more relaxed about it now. I’m confident in who I am as a person, so I’m going into the process being true to myself, genuine and honest, and trusting myself to make good decisions.

Do you believe in true love?
I believe in serendipity and fate, and that you meet people for a reason. I’ve always believed that you meet your soulmate when you’re ready and open to doing that – and I feel I am at that time in my life now.

You’re the lucky bugger who gets to date 21 women!
It’s going to be really hard and I don’t mean that sarcastically. I’m conscious that all the girls are putting themselves out there and have given up a lot to be on the show, like their jobs and leaving behind their family. I’m going to try to spend as much time with each of the girls as I can to really get to know them.

Speaking of girls, what feature do you notice first?
I’m an eyes guy. Some girls have the ability to really look into you – I find that attractive.

Your smoothest moment with a woman?
Once I flew home a week early from work to surprise my partner at the time. She was so happy. It was awesome.

How about your worst date ever?
The one where I got stood up.

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 1489445609151_S2

The Bachelor gets stood up?
Yup, it happens to all of us. I’m just a normal guy.

If she could see you now…
No hard feelings. I’m sure she had her reasons.

Do you remember having the birds-and-bees chat?
Oh, God, it was the most awkward, longest, quietest conversation in the car with my father ever. It was on the way back from one of those school sex-ed talks and Dad tried to elaborate. Thankfully, you only have to have that conversation once.

How do you mentally prepare to be the Bachelor?
Jeepers, I’m not sure you can – I’m just going to be me and enjoy myself.

How about them guns? Don’t tell me you haven’t done any physical prep.
Look, I’m not going to lie. I did have to watch what I ate for a while, and I lost a bit of weight and gained a bit of muscle. The only thing that stood in the way of that was chocolate. To be honest, sugar and anything sweet are my biggest weaknesses. What they say is true – the way to this man’s heart is through his stomach.

On a scale of one to 10, how would you rate yourself as a boyfriend?
Man, I don’t know. A solid score – maybe a seven?

theBachelorNZ - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 1489445519710_S3

A seven? That’s not a great score.
OK, um, an 11 then!

Better! You say your dad is your greatest role model?
Your parents are your first role models and the people you are forever trying to impress. My old man is the person who I look to for advice and seek praise from.

Are you nervous about the prospect of one day introducing your father to your chosen ladies?
Man, absolutely, but it’s nervous excitement. Dad is really fair and impartial, and he’ll always give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Which celebrities would you swipe right for?
Easy! Jennifer Lawrence and Emily Blunt.

How about closer to home?
Samantha Hayes – she’s a babe. In fact, I’d swipe right for anyone who loves a good adventure.

What about a woman turns you on?
Confidence and great chat.

And what turns you off?
People who are closed-minded and rude to waiters.

What kind of work would you do for free?
Coaching. I love my job, I love kids and I never dread getting up and going to work.

What’s your greatest fear heading into this journey?
Coming across as someone I’m not. If I’m going to try to find that person, I’ve got to be really open and I won’t shy away from that. I’m not afraid to talk about things like feelings, love and even some darker demons that I’ve had to face. It’s a bit scary, but it’s part of how you grow as a person and I am ready to embrace that.
http://www.womansday.co.nz/entertainment/the-bachelor/the-bachelor-wants-a-soulmate-7355
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:30 am

3rd video the show has posted is of Claudia (she has been shown twice now in two different media articles as a central figure - posted in her thread). She has the Moaning Myrtle down pat!

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:13 am

One thing that bodes well for this season is how much media Zac has already done.

That was one of the biggest tells regarding S2 as Jordan was basically MIA from any radio or TV interviews until the end of the season. IMO, that was because TPTB knew he was a dud and so they likely kept him away from media so that he wouldn't make it even more obvious it was going to be an epic fail.

Zac so far has come across very genuine and likable in all the interviews I have watched him in. He seems like much more of an Art Green 2.0 than a Jordan so it should be a good season yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:15 am

Zac doing a video/radio interview with Si. He seems like such a down to earth and genuine guy.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:34 am

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:58 am

Thanks for the updates. I haven't listened to the interviews, so I depend on everyone's posts! I'm glad to hear he seems like a good guy. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:54 am

Posted by TBNZ for Episode 1

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:23 am

Video of Zac BTS for Woman's Day

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:56 am

AAL can you please post some links when they become available? I'm in Canada so the show links usually don't work. I think last time the YouTube links worked the best. TYIA

In that radio interview posted above, he sound like a really nice, fun guy. I'm looking forward to his season.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Season 3 - Zac Franich - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+20
Ihavecourage
emusha
mercieme
Catdwoman50
robinvi
4health
Bobette
alwaystulips
LynnTa
iamreal2u
ThankMeLater