SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 8 of 58 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:59 am

I think it makes perfect sense, because of all those things you mention.  She's experienced a lot of fame but it hasn't made her happy.  She's tried dating celebrities and it hasn't worked out.  Why not try a normal guy?  

It wouldn't be easy for her to meet someone under normal circumstances because she's so high profile.  This way she gets to meet 'regular' guys but from the safety of her comfort zone (TV land).  Plus as she said in the Logies interview above, the guys will have had background checks so no nasty surprises.  I imagine she's had a crazy stalker or two in her time.  

All her reasoning sounds perfectly genuine and sensible to me and if she's giving off any kind of non-commital/not-sure vibes it's probably because she's read some of the nasty things people have been saying about her since the announcement and is wondering what the hell she's setting herself up for.  I wish her well, and look forward to following her season.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by LeapofFaith Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:42 am

Sundy wrote:Grrrrr!  Would have preferred Nikki

Osher Gunsberg hints that Nikki Gogan was REJECTED as the Bachelorette

http://dailym.ai/2q67GlX

They better hope that the story that Nikki was offered the role but she turned it down stands because if it's the other way around and they rejected her man I could see another mutiny on there hands twitter meltdown Nikki rejected twice :affraid
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:19 am

Pretty sure Nikki was the one who turned it down, not the other way round, considering Other's quote "'If she doesn’t want to do it... she doesn’t want to do it!"

The DM article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4439158/Nikki-Gogan-REJECTED-Bachelorette.html

has the exact same wording as the Yahoo article
https://au.be.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/35142276/osher-gunsberg-hints-nikki-gogan-rejected-bachelorette-opportunity-yahoo-7-be/#page1

it's just the headline/title that's different.

I'm betting Nikki knocked it back as early as February, when the Sportsbet page for the Bachelorette mysteriously disappeared.  

Prior to that she was the firm favourite (odds were 1.6 to 1) so I'd say probably began the process but then pulled out very early on.

That scenario IMO seems far more in keeping with Osher's comments than for them to simply not have wanted her for the role.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:41 am

Sundy wrote:Grrrrr!  Would have preferred Nikki

Osher Gunsberg hints that Nikki Gogan was REJECTED as the Bachelorette

http://dailym.ai/2q67GlX

That headline is misleading. When I read the article, he is hinting she rejected them.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:44 pm

I didn't realise Sophie was a smoker. Could that possibly be a deal breaker for someone? I know for me personally, after watching my uncle die from lung cancer, it's a quality I really dislike. Of course people are free to do what they like with their bodies, but yeah, didn't realise she smoked.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4413580/Sophie-Monk-puffs-cigarette-departing-Sydney.html

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Looks like the gamble is paying off!  

Producers have apparently been "inundated" with applications after Sophie was revealed as the next Bachelorette.  

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/producers-inundated-with-calls-as-they-widen-age-range-of-potential-bachelors-for-sophie-monk/news-story/dcf8f37ead934c24e43e95a2a3d4fdc4

Hopefully this translates to a high calibre of contestants for Sophie and an interesting/fun season for us to watch and sleuth.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:41 am

Sophie bio from news.com.au for those overseas or unfamiliar with her:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-our-new-bachelorette-sophie-monk/news-story/ff29e455e326a126e365f3de4a0cfc2c
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:14 am

Bobette wrote:Sophie bio from news.com.au for those overseas or unfamiliar with her:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-our-new-bachelorette-sophie-monk/news-story/ff29e455e326a126e365f3de4a0cfc2c

So she dated singers, movie stars and millionaires, has been engaged numerous times, but is now willing to pick some personal trainer/salesman/joe schmo so she can have a baby ASAP? Yeah, that sounds as if it will end well.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:29 am

Bobette wrote:Looks like the gamble is paying off!  

Producers have apparently been "inundated" with applications after Sophie was revealed as the next Bachelorette.  

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/producers-inundated-with-calls-as-they-widen-age-range-of-potential-bachelors-for-sophie-monk/news-story/dcf8f37ead934c24e43e95a2a3d4fdc4

Hopefully this translates to a high calibre of contestants for Sophie and an interesting/fun season for us to watch and sleuth.

I think it's more of a case of guys wanting to date a celebrity.

They should just rename the show to Celebrity Bachelorette.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:35 pm

I can't believe what I just read. What a disaster. What in the world were they thinking.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:01 pm

IMO, they are only thinking about $$$$ and ratings, which I am sure it will bring in both given Sophie is a high profile celebrity.

However, at what cost? Where will the show go from here? More celebrities as leads? Celebrities as contestants?

No matter what happens I think this show has been forever changed because of their choice for lead.

hmmm
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:32 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:IMO, they are only thinking about $$$$ and ratings, which I am sure it will bring in both given Sophie is a high profile celebrity.

However, at what cost? Where will the show go from here? More celebrities as leads? Celebrities as contestants?

No matter what happens I think this show has been forever changed because of their choice for lead.

hmmm

I think their choice of lead is a disaster. As you said what can they do next? I think Bachelor Australia has officially jumped the shark. I just hope other versions don't follow suit with similar stunt casting for the lead.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 58 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+43
Pongo
Madgp
sd92
BlueJeans
AllAboutLove
ssin0547
AEF
ForestForTrees
Storybook
stoneleigh
smittywitty