Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Norcalgal on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Don't know Sophie Monk but wonder if announcing it now, while Matty's season is still filming is a way to take some limelight from him? Maybe his season is not going well. I'll be bummed if that happens though.
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ssin0547 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:57 pm

I think they announced it early to coincide with the Logies (Australias less awesome version of the Emmys) and also to try to get more participants (still casting). JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:03 pm

https://au.be.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/35142276/osher-gunsberg-hints-nikki-gogan-rejected-bachelorette-opportunity-yahoo-7-be/#page1

Osher suggests that Nikki didn't want the gig which is a shame I think she would have been fantastic.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Sophie is being interviewed on the Project right now. Her voice is totally grating on me, and she sounds like such a bogan. REALLY not looking forward to this season.

I guess if Nikki turned them down they needed to come up with some gimmick. :angryemotion
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 717

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Her voice is quite irritating, I agree, she is a bit of a bogan or at least acts like one for whatever reason. What I don't understand is, after reading a few articles today, she doesn't exactly bring the ratings up on anything. She gets used a lot for different shows etc but none of the shows last which makes me think why would they select her coz I can't see her ratings being that high. I don't know I haven't watch much Bach but I prefer to see that young, innocent, naive love and I just don't think I'm going to see it with Soph and whichever guy she ends up choosing. I guess I like the vulnerability and she isn't vulnerable at all. All JMO

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Grrrrr! Would have preferred Nikki

Osher Gunsberg hints that Nikki Gogan was REJECTED as the Bachelorette

http://dailym.ai/2q67GlX
Sundy

Female Posts : 2997

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:36 pm

Okay so I watched the interview twice and the thing that stood out to me is she seemed almost a little bit embarrassed to admit that she was doing it. Like when the hosts were asking her, she just didn't have much conviction that she absolutely wanted to do this. I also had the impression that the hosts were thinking "why are you doing this?" The other thing is Channel 10 would have to be paying her a decent amount of money. I doubt she would do it for the standard 50K. All JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:39 pm

Her voice! I really don't know how I will sit through a whole season listening to that...

Still think that she is a bizarre choice. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:12 pm

IMO it is such a bizarre choice and a bizarre move for her. I mean radio host, judge on Australia's got talent, actress, dated Hollywood big wigs then to want to do The Bachelorette? It's almost like a backwards step career wise. Is she genuinely going to be happy with a marketing manager or sales associate pulling 65k a year? It just doesn't really fit.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 pm

I think it makes perfect sense, because of all those things you mention.  She's experienced a lot of fame but it hasn't made her happy.  She's tried dating celebrities and it hasn't worked out.  Why not try a normal guy?  

It wouldn't be easy for her to meet someone under normal circumstances because she's so high profile.  This way she gets to meet 'regular' guys but from the safety of her comfort zone (TV land).  Plus as she said in the Logies interview above, the guys will have had background checks so no nasty surprises.  I imagine she's had a crazy stalker or two in her time.  

All her reasoning sounds perfectly genuine and sensible to me and if she's giving off any kind of non-commital/not-sure vibes it's probably because she's read some of the nasty things people have been saying about her since the announcement and is wondering what the hell she's setting herself up for.  I wish her well, and look forward to following her season.
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:12 pm

@Sundy wrote:Grrrrr!  Would have preferred Nikki

Osher Gunsberg hints that Nikki Gogan was REJECTED as the Bachelorette

http://dailym.ai/2q67GlX

They better hope that the story that Nikki was offered the role but she turned it down stands because if it's the other way around and they rejected her man I could see another mutiny on there hands twitter meltdown Nikki rejected twice :affraid
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:49 pm

Pretty sure Nikki was the one who turned it down, not the other way round, considering Other's quote "'If she doesn’t want to do it... she doesn’t want to do it!"

The DM article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4439158/Nikki-Gogan-REJECTED-Bachelorette.html

has the exact same wording as the Yahoo article
https://au.be.yahoo.com/entertainment/a/35142276/osher-gunsberg-hints-nikki-gogan-rejected-bachelorette-opportunity-yahoo-7-be/#page1

it's just the headline/title that's different.

I'm betting Nikki knocked it back as early as February, when the Sportsbet page for the Bachelorette mysteriously disappeared.  

Prior to that she was the firm favourite (odds were 1.6 to 1) so I'd say probably began the process but then pulled out very early on.

That scenario IMO seems far more in keeping with Osher's comments than for them to simply not have wanted her for the role.
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum