SELECT CONTENT

Corinne Olympios - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Page 15 of 58 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 36 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corinne Olympios - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Corinne Olympios - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Post by casjacknick Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:47 am

Ugh GA I could not agree more. Raven and Rachel seem lovely enough PLEASE do not allow Corrine an entire season. Seriously I have resigned myself that she will reek havoc all over Paradise. It is all I can take.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Corinne Olympios - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Corinne Olympios - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Post by notarose Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:45 am

^^^
:headbanging  can't imagine her as Bette.
I can imagine her and Chad frolicking in BIP then going on Housewives of Zoolander yes

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:53 am

crunchycheeto wrote:I'd like to imagine he kept Corrine around longer because he'd feel less remorse letting her go than some of the women who seemed to be more sincere or more sensitive (Dani M and Kristina come to mind).

DISCLAIMER: Because we are talking re: Nick (king of breaking the rules), I don't know if the points I'm making below are moot.

Corrine is there for the drama and nothing else (IMHO).  TPTB need the high ratings so they will keep characters who they think will improve ratings.  TO our forum sleuths, isn't there usually a pattern in the 1-1 dates indicating the lead's interest in some contestants?  When we were heavy into sleuthing we had theories over date patterns and preferences.

For example, first 1-1 date is usually TPTB selected (to fit with scheduling) and usually the pick is someone who TPTB would think lead would have a chemistry with, or interesting for the next lead etc. I haven't watched in a while so I'm not sure if this is still true.  I would say usually FIR but not always.

The next 1-1 dates are selected by the bachelor (usually in order of importance). That would usually pan out in the next 2-3 episodes (The next lead picks can be integrated in the schedule as well).

Corrine's first date is on Episode 5, a 2/1 with Taylor.  That is indicative of the lead's romantic interest towards the person and TPTB's interest in making the person the next lead.  I think the 2/1 dates are pretty much elimination dates - READ: dispensable. I think Corrine is really just interesting TV. So I would like to think that Corrine is there for the ratings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]/[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Chad is waiting for her at BIP4 - he's pretty excited actually.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:56 am

I agree that nick likes the chase and therefore corrine's out from night one. I can so imagine her bts interaction with her producers in the way they do on UNREAL the tv show. everything with her that we've seen so far seems extremely staged
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:05 am

Who would run the million dollar company while she was away as next lead? Not just anyone can make a call or send an e mail when the business needs to get in contact with someone. Maybe if the nanny isn't busy cutting up cucumber snacks, she could make those very important calls and send the very important e mails. She probably knows as much about garage flooring as Corrine. Corinne Olympios - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - Page 15 3806527698

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:58 am

No way she'll be the Bachelorette! She is this seasons Courtney, Michelle Money, Vienna, Olivia, etc. IMO, no way Nick ever thought he would pick her. I just think producers wanted to keep her around as long as possible so it didn't get boring. Kind of seems like most of the other F6 might just be nice/boring girls (in terms of good tv) . JMO.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] IA that Corinne is definitely there for the ratings and TPTB is instrumental to her being there. But I do think, at the end of the day, Nick has some say in which ~villainous character makes it far and perhaps even how far.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Nick enjoyed her company or was entertained by her antics. As we've seen from SM, the other women seem to love Corrine, so maybe she's just a lot of fun to be around. It doesn't mean he saw marriage material with her, which I know is counterintuitive for the premise of the show.

As I said in my previous comment, it was probably easier to keep her around as some sort of collateral as opposed to dragging out unrequited relationships with more serious and sincere women. IMO, I think it was a collaborative move (TPTB and Nick) to keep her around because both parties knew Corrine's value in terms of drama. I think Nick is sincere in his hope that, through the show, he'll find love; but I also think he's aware of the pressure to put on a great season.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Catdwoman50 wrote:
crunchycheeto wrote:I'd like to imagine he kept Corrine around longer because he'd feel less remorse letting her go than some of the women who seemed to be more sincere or more sensitive (Dani M and Kristina come to mind).

DISCLAIMER: Because we are talking re: Nick (king of breaking the rules), I don't know if the points I'm making below are moot.

Corrine is there for the drama and nothing else (IMHO).  TPTB need the high ratings so they will keep characters who they think will improve ratings.  TO our forum sleuths, isn't there usually a pattern in the 1-1 dates indicating the lead's interest in some contestants?  When we were heavy into sleuthing we had theories over date patterns and preferences.

For example, first 1-1 date is usually TPTB selected (to fit with scheduling) and usually the pick is someone who TPTB would think lead would have a chemistry with, or interesting for the next lead etc. I haven't watched in a while so I'm not sure if this is still true.  I would say usually FIR but not always.

The next 1-1 dates are selected by the bachelor (usually in order of importance). That would usually pan out in the next 2-3 episodes (The next lead picks can be integrated in the schedule as well).

Corrine's first date is on Episode 5, a 2/1 with Taylor.  That is indicative of the lead's romantic interest towards the person and TPTB's interest in making the person the next lead.  I think the 2/1 dates are pretty much elimination dates - READ: dispensable. I think Corrine is really just interesting TV. So I would like to think that Corrine is there for the ratings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]/[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Chad is waiting for her at BIP4 - he's pretty excited actually.

IMO Corrine having a 2-1 date is a producer choice to stir up maximum drama for the viewers. Putting the most contentious person in a position where she has to directly compete to avoid elimination sets her up to lose her cool (which makes for good tv). This is showing that TPTB are keeping her for drama and exposure which will benefit Paradise later. Chad also had a 2-1, so the set up is almost identical. They will make a great pair.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:07 am

crunchycheeto wrote:But I do think, at the end of the day, Nick has some say in which ~villainous character makes it far and perhaps even how far.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Absolutely! Nick said it himself, he "is" the bachelor and have a voice in the selection and elimination (paraphrasing). I also think we both agree that Corrine is there for the enterainment value - for Nick's and viewers.  

***edited**
Back to Corrine.  IMHO, it's pretty telling if the first date is a 2-1 because it is a question of (should she stay or should she go? - [Cue in The Clash]).  It alludes to the fact that both Taylor and Corrine are equal in terms of the value they provide to Nick or the show (up to this point neither is deemed a romantic interest nor a lead).  And you're likely correct that Nick's input on who is better than the other is the one selected.  That doesn't mean that Nick doesn't develop any tendre for Corrine after their 2-1 or Corrine does something to make her endearing to the rest of us, that I'm waiting to see.  Upto the 2-1 Nick and/or TPTB simply found her entertaining (IMHO).

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Off topic Post moved to General Discussion)

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
by pacozero IG
Hugesmile
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:51 pm

I'm getting tired of her already and we've only just started. no no

Twitter
Platinum Vagine
@PlatinumVagine
My heart is gold, but my Vagine is platinum.

Joined January 2017

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:56 pm

I can only imagine what her family must be thinking.
Seriously, this woman is not the first to grace planet Earth with a vagina.
Hello? You are not that special. It's laughable. I wish I could snark to my heart's content on this.
ETA
Well, maybe just a little bit.
source
Chemical symbol for element platinum is ironically Pt.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, short-term exposure to platinum salts may cause irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, and long-term exposure may cause both respiratory and skin allergies.The price of platinum, like other industrial commodities, is more volatile than that of gold. In 2008, the price of platinum dropped from $2,252 to $774 per oz,[66] a loss of nearly 2/3 of its value. By contrast, the price of gold dropped from ~$1,000 to ~$700/oz during the same time frame, a loss of only 1/3 of its value.

Perhaps she would have been better off with gold. Silence is golden.
The great thing about platinum and good news for Corrine is that platinum is very resistant to corrosion.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 58 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 36 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Corinne Olympios - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

+81
sosleepy
TLTF
StacyNor
Skates
leselihau