SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4

Page 3 of 69 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mcm - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4

Post by 4health Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:12 am

primexi wrote:I think kevin is probably going to win, so if kevin wins, what was the point of editing the hometown rose ceremony to make it look like mikhel got the first rose? I doubt they did it in hopes of trying fool the general audience because 70-80% of people think its going to be mikhel and hope its going to be mikhel.

So the shock factor would have be there regardless of the edit if kevin won, so what exactly is the purpose of that rose ceremony edit? the least they could have done to show us the love story between kevin and jas is to show him receiving the first rose.

I don't know if this is the actual reason but I can see tptb edit Kevin not getting the first rose because they have to show Jasmine questioning if he would get the rose because they want to give the viewer the impression that she is questioning him after his HTD/Mom and Kevin and Mike are most a like (both firefighters). JMO

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

mcm - Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4

Post by primexi Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yeah that would make sense, still really odd though

primexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:40 am

A
4health wrote:
primexi wrote:I think kevin is probably going to win, so if kevin wins, what was the point of editing the hometown rose ceremony to make it look like mikhel got the first rose? I doubt they did it in hopes of trying fool the general audience because 70-80% of people think its going to be mikhel and hope its going to be mikhel.

So the shock factor would have be there regardless of the edit if kevin won, so what exactly is the purpose of that rose ceremony edit? the least they could have done to show us the love story between kevin and jas is to show him receiving the first rose.

I don't know if this is the actual reason but I can see tptb edit Kevin not getting the first rose because they have to show Jasmine questioning if he would get the rose because they want to give the viewer the impression that she is questioning him after his HTD/Mom and Kevin and Mike are most a like (both firefighters).  JMO
I'm on the same page as you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Coming off of that hometown date with KW and his momma bear, TPTB probably thought the audience would expect Jasmine to be hesitant picking Kevin. They switched up the rose call because with her calling Kevin first would've insinuate that she digs him no matter what. 
Kinda like when she really had to pretend between KW and Drew laugh out loud at Jasmine standing there with her hands on her hips contemplating who to send home. Girl couldn't help herself because when she did call KW up, she wrapped her arms around his neck and he kissed her cheek. She was so not mad... I had to laugh out loud that moment.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:56 am

primexi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yeah that would make sense, still really odd though

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this isn't the first time that tptb have done this. I can't remember all the times the US franchise but several different times. They have their reasons and IMO that the edit is all about presenting their story they want us to see.

4health

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_is_Eternal Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:19 am

On a lighter note, the MTA showed a snippet of Kyle's sense of humour.  To quote Sharleen Joynt in her recap - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - "My one true LOL of the episode came after the discussion of whether or not David had gone on the show to promote his music, and Kyle said, “So here’s a song he wrote as an apology.” That one line spoke so much about Kyle’s sense of humour and made me a bit sad that this was the first and last glimpse we got of it.".

Have a look at what else we missed out on learning about Kyle (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154752027359861 ) Yummy dinner!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Love_is_Eternal
Love_is_Eternal

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:37 am

4health wrote:
emusha wrote:
4health wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] opinions about the finale preview of the guys walking to the said FRC and the sunlight observation.  Also, I remind people that KW was the only guy that received a 2nd 1:1 date which was right before the HTD.  I have been reminded several times that are just a few things that point to who could be F1.

What are those few things?

The preview is making it sound like a "the one I can't let go of" choice like in many many seasons in this franchise (Jillian, Ben etc). I think Jasmine would be deeply brokenhearted if she were to let go of KW by the looks of things and so wouldn't voluntarily do that. it's very very interesting tho cos she's aware of her pattern and thinks he's her pattern. The question then is does she break her pattern or not? I see the most parallel with Desiree's season but this time brooks didn't leave he stayed and loves her but he's a risky choice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ITA and of course there are several things that can point to either one being F1.  What confuses me by the bold is where has she said the KW is her pattern.  The only ones that said that was her sister in a VO....we have in a VO during the beginning of the finale part 1 Jasmine reflecting about meeting KW for the first time out of the limo and she says in a VO "oooh I don't know if I would date this guy".  We have not seen Jasmine say anything about KW being what she has dated in the past.   Her thoughts and concerns about KW was brought up during their first 1:1 about is he ready to settle down and then again she asks him during their 1:1 time during the tea date.  So, production again brings up with meeting her family about him being a ladies man.   So, I call me confused that KW is her typical type and she wants something different, that is not her concerns at all.   Her concerns is KW being a ladies man and that he would leave her for something better.  It is showing her own insecurities and her chasing KW and their relationship arc (him leaving her) and her taking that chance with him and believe what KW is saying to her.     IMO Mikhel story is all about his journey not Jasmine's journey.  He was already talking about falling in love with Jasmine on his first 1:1 date and usually in other seasons the first person to talk about falling in love so soon is not F1.       The only thing that IMO can be a pro for Mikhel to be F1 is his video but if I remember not all F1's have had intro videos but I am not sure about that.   If you look at the CAN franchise only did Bianca have one, I know April did?  But, we will know soon enough if that really matters once the finale happens.....Woohoo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So I don't know who F1 is I think FD def made things way more confusing for Jasmine cos something went right with Mikhel that was not expected for her. I actually remember her saying in her HTD with Mikhel something like -> I'm having a lot of feelings and feeling like I'm falling in love which is 'scary?' because I will be meeting the other men's family after this. So based on this I do think her feelings were pretty far along with Kevin by HTDs then Mikhel started to catch up. And in FD it reached that peak - I think sparked by that Mikhel might leave (based on his behavior during HTD RC). As much as she's looking for security I do get the sense that Jasmine in her words "likes to fly by the seat of her pants" and that she enjoys the depth of passion and the risk of the unexpected. I think she likes having to chase e.g. when Mikhel seemed like he was leaving in FD she was chasing him hard, then I think the same happens with Kevin after FS.

Anyways my point, in short, is that IMHO her "pattern" is that she goes for that risky move and not to psychoanalyze here but her abandonment issues from childhood might come into this. I'm not really talking about Kevin's personality or how he is - her type or not. We never seem to know any lead's type in the middle of the show anyway but all will be revealed in the end.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank goodness it is almost to the end.   You might be right that Jasmine's feelings for Mikhel caught up to Kevin's.   But IMO as I see it (the sceptic I am with this show) The show has to have a close second (F2) to bring in viewers and get their "who is she going to pick".   The best example of this is during The Bachelor AUS Richie's season.   Nikki was shown having a great love story with Richie. She became the favorite and for sure F1 and the show made it seem like it was a hard decision for Richie.  After the show in interviews Richie let it be known that it wasn't even close, that his F1 was it from the beginning (well when he kissed her).   That is the true beauty of editing and scenes, words and manipulation can make us believe anything.    Now, I am not saying Jasmine has no feelings for Mikhel, but IMO he is not even close to the passion or comfort around each other of KW and Jasmine's relationship.    

Also, during Jasmine's and KW talk on their FD dinner/table after dancing you can see on the table that there is no FD card the whole time they are talking but just before Jasmine says "you can open that card" it was like magic and showed up on the table.....so I am easily reminded that this is highly edited and not as it seems!

4health

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think all/most of the leads lie though. They're now in relationships with whoever they've chosen and they always downplay the connection they had with their F2. That being said I'm pretty sure she'll pick Kevin because the women always/usually pick the Kevin of the season. I'm just hoping we can get Mikhel as the next bachelor.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:27 am

Mikhel may be okay as a bachelor but IMO, the next bach should/will be Mike.  The support for him to be the bach out there is pretty overwhelming and that comes from everyone cross the country and not just Winnipeger's. **IMO**

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:52 am

I think Mike is lovely but not emotionally expressive enough to satisfy viewers i think he's too stoic and as jasmine said 'cautious'
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:56 am

I think that's the point....according to him, he's learned that through this process and if given a chance, he's going to be more open and willing to explore it right off. He said that himself in the interviews after the MTA, as well as saying itself during the MTA. I really think that he'd really get into it and could actually be one of the better ones....

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:03 pm

I don't see how Mike could go from being cautious and closed off when he only had one woman to be with to opening himself up to 25 (or whatever) women or even the final 6. He's a nice guy but am not sure the show is the best vehicle for him to find love if that's what he's after. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 69 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - FRC - ATFR - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #4

+55
ukglasgowkiiss
aglaea
misshappy
Bzen
nikikass
Newto
Spoil Me Again
Joy15
lapcoffee
AllAboutLove
Cetamy