SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 70 of 81 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 70 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by hae1001 Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:38 pm

@OnePromise Paul Lee, the man quoted in the article of that interview was actually fired about a month after that was posted so idk if it says much about what the executive team is thinking. However, I do think they realize it's long overdue and IMO on paper, Rachel seems to be a perfect candidate for the next bachelorette. Hopefully that translates on tv as well.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 70 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:48 pm

I will see who is casted when they announce who is casted. TpTB throw out all kinds of teasers testing the waters. (Luke, Caila, Arie anyone?)
Personally, each cast person brings something new to the mix. They are all diverse, imo. I hate to have to think that they will choose someone that is labeled "diverse" to check that little empty box off.
Whomever is chosen I hope they are chosen for more than color of skin, religion, nationality or culture.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:50 pm

hae1001 wrote:@OnePromise Paul Lee, the man quoted in the article of that interview was actually fired about a month after that was posted so idk if it says much about what the executive team is thinking. However, I do think they realize it's long overdue and IMO on paper, Rachel seems to be a perfect candidate for the next bachelorette. Hopefully that translates on tv as well.

Too bad for Paul. Agreed Rachel seems a perfect candidate in many ways.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I will see who is casted when they announce who is casted. TpTB throw out all kinds of teasers testing the waters. (Luke, Caila, Arie anyone?)
Personally, each cast person brings something new to the mix. They are all diverse, imo. I hate to have to think that they will choose someone that is labeled "diverse" to check that little empty box off.
Whomever is chosen I hope they are chosen for more than color of skin, religion, nationality or culture.

This show is about ratings. Nothing else.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:59 pm

The Bachelor's Nick Viall reveals why he gave Liz and Corinne roses:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-bachelor-nick-viall-chris-harrison-liz-corinne/

I'm glad that Nick is staying true to himself. On the positive side, he is supporting the two women causing conflict on the show.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:48 pm

Great interview with Robert Mills:

https://m.soundcloud.com/ewradio/abc-executive-robert-mills-calls-in-and-dishes-about-the-upcoming-season-of-bachelor

Some highlights:
Nick "keeps it in his pants until the FS" - heard at about 4:30

Discussing the main candidate for the next Bachelorette - around 9:30

Chad will be back for BIP, he signed his contract - around 11:10

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Oh ffs, can't they just quit boosting Chad's ego already? I have no interest in ever seeing him again.

Never doubted Nick keeping it in his pants, since he saw the fallout first hand on Kaitlyn's season.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by shaughnessyb Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:54 pm

OnePromise wrote:Great interview with Robert Mills:

https://m.soundcloud.com/ewradio/abc-executive-robert-mills-calls-in-and-dishes-about-the-upcoming-season-of-bachelor

Some highlights:

Millsy's comments about the Bette make me worry they are considering Corinne, especially with the Kaitlyn comparison. Also really shows the value they place on entertainment vs. the love story. I hope I'm just interpreting it wrong, because I really don't see that being a good call for the franchise. Particularly with so many quality women this season who would be muchhhh classier alternatives.

Great interview overall, though! Always interesting for me to hear what makes leads good or bad in the eyes of the execs.
shaughnessyb
shaughnessyb

Female Posts : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 pm

Unfortunately, ratings are the name of the game IMO. For every 10 people who stop watching because it's getting sleazy/only drama, 20 people start watching to know what the fuss is about IMO. In a different world I would have said Corinne has no shot at being the bachelorette IMO, but I don't think it's true anymore.

Also, I don't mean ratings in the sense of comparison to past seasons. IMO I don't think that works very well due to cord-cutting being at an all time high and people watching shows online/app. As long as the show continues to dominate in it's time slot and if Corinne continues to generate interest till F4, she may very well IMO beat the others to that job if the others don't inspire similar passion-positive/negative in the audience.

All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 pm

shaughnessyb wrote:

Some highlights:

Millsy's comments about the Bette make me worry they are considering Corinne, especially with the Kaitlyn comparison. Also really shows the value they place on entertainment vs. the love story. I hope I'm just interpreting it wrong, because I really don't see that being a good call for the franchise. Particularly with so many quality women this season who would be muchhhh classier alternatives.
Great interview overall, though! Always interesting for me to hear what makes leads good or bad in the eyes of the execs.

The bolded has always been the priority of the show. The love story has always been secondary. MF's intention of the show was not a romance or a love story. If that happened a long the way great. So considering the show and franchise has lasted 21 seasons of TB, it's not doing too shabby.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm

shaughnessyb wrote:

Some highlights:

Hate to say it, but no surprise to me at all. I've mentioned it a couple of times now.

First she gets more screen time then any one else. Yes, she's a wreck, but they love the trash and IMo they are itching for another trashy 'ette season.
Corrine posts on her IG that she's been through a lot and we'll see her unravel IMO aka viewers feel sorry for her sob story
CH tweets something stupid about considering her nanny for the 'ette.
MF tweets if she's not the F1 how about the 'ette.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shaughnessyb Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm

@Kasha, ITA that entertainment has always been the priority of the show. But since I tend to watch it for the love story (I know, I know Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 70 3806527698) and just settle for the train wreck if I have to, it can sometimes startle me to hear how plainly the producers talk about it. I guess it's a good reality check to level my expectations and remind me what their intentions are.
shaughnessyb
shaughnessyb

Female Posts : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 81 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - Media SM Vids - Discussion- *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+71
allykat
Mommyof2
Cila51290
Cocoasneeze
casjacknick