SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 45 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:17 pm

So it sounds like the only one talking about it is K? IMO whether it was sexist or not, she helped screw herself. This is a case where it might have been better not to have been so rogue during her own season and play ball with TPTB. However, I won't fool myself, I still think MF would not have given her the gig.
If my memory serves me, when Emily first went on TB it was rumored that she was going to end up being the 'Ette and then had DWTS all lined up. I think after her 2 stints with MF, she chose to forgo DWTS.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion - Page 45 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:18 pm

For Jillian I'm pretty sure she said she didn't know how to dance and would never do it. Emily was a wreck, IMO she wouldn't take that gruelling process on.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:19 pm

I honestly think Kaitlyn just wasn't chosen. That season's winner was Bindi Irwin. The cast was packed with better options than Kaitlyn Bristowe, IMO. I think JoJo turned hers down. I just don't see her as the dancing in a competition type of gal.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Duke702 wrote:IMO dancing with the stars has a lot of nobodies I've never heard of. So I don't really think the competition is that great to get on the show. Maybe simone biles was a bigger star, but some of the others not so much. I think in the last 8 years , they could have picked a Bachelorette who met their needs.

IMO A lot of those 'nobodies' used to be pretty popular back in the day or are revered in their chosen professions or currently popular with a certain demographic. Also, the show has a formula when it comes to casting to make sure there is representation for all ages, professions, diversity. Every season there are 1-2 and max 3 for the age category the 'Ettes would fall in and there is severe competition there IMO. Laurie and Simone were both rumored to be on last season. Obviously that would have split the votes and IMO that was the reason she was moved to this year's lineup.

I am all for calling out sexism in the industry but I am with the producers on this one. Except for casting ringers, they do a tremendous job in terms of representation IMO. If they give preference to the 'Ettes and displace someone older, they will be called out for ageism. Like the executive producers said in the interview, I can see them happily giving the 'Ettes a shot if it there is less competition in casting in that age group.

All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:23 pm

JMO but I wish none of these leads that are in fresh relationships would do this show. For me, outside of Melissa who could actually dance, and wasn't supposed to be prioritizing a spanking new franchise coupledome, everyone else is just totally cringe. I like Nick, and I like him and Vanessa (not like full fanning, but I like them), and I'm NOT looking forward to seeing him on Dancing. I prefer to see all these also rans to do their season, find their person, then fade away. None of them are that cool or special that I want to continue seeing them make an azz of themselves on national tv. That includes Kaitlyn.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:09 pm

hae1001 wrote:@Kashathediva yes she did millionaire. She's had many tv appearances with TB. Two family feuds, millionaire bachelor fan favs, called in to After Paradise for the Ashley/ Jared drama, was on Ben's bachelor live premiere (yet criticized B&L for being at JoJo's finale because how awkward must that have been for JoJo to have her ex there), was part of the bachelorette advice chat on JoJo's season, was given a segment during Jade and Tanners wedding special, was given a segment on Nicks bachelor special, and was invited to JKL to promote Nicks season. On top of at, she has gotten to do many interviews with different media outlets and got some tv exposure with bachelorette CA. Like what more could they possibly give her before she is grateful? All JMO.

Me-Kaitlyn being grateful? Not going to ever happen, IMO.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:19 pm

TPTB are incredibly sexist IMO.  Kaitlyn could've been a fun addition to the DWTS cast.  I don't mind her calling out Fleiss one bit.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:01 am

One of the things I can't stand about Kaitlyn is she likes to call out other people but she can't handle it when she's called out. jmo no no
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:56 am

Not only that, but her stance on bullying/cyber-bullying, is pure BS, IMO.  When she is attacked or simply doesn't like something said about her, she attacks back and general encourages her fans to go after the person who said it as well, IMO.  

IMO, it's kind of hypocritical to say something shouldn't be done and that you'll stand for something and then do exactly what your supposed to be standing up for and against.  

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:23 am

Good Post  @Ladybug82 and ITA. It's a shame really because she has had so many opportunities to actually bring real awareness to bullying/cyber bullying and try to make a positive difference but instead she makes it all about herself and lashes back and becomes a bully herself whenever she doesn't like something or doesn't get what she wants. Just a waste of the opportunities and platform she was given IMO and why I don't take any of her stance as serious as it's just her whining once again.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:27 pm

One doesn't have to like Kaitlyn to agree she was probably #&!*@($&!@* by Fleiss and, likely, for sexist reasons. She has said she had the contract in her hands, which I believe, and if Fleiss did tell her that her passion needed to be Shawn, when he hasn't said that to his men, that was sexist. DWTS pays much better than most other opportunities and provides touring options as well; of course Kaitlyn wanted it. I've wondered for a while why the lead guys keep getting on but none of the lead women, so Kaitlyn's comments add up to me. She may be self-centered but that doesn't mean she is wrong. This time.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 pm

I agree.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - #4 - Discussion

+104
Billysmom
terabithia
notarose
Mozhi1
Vrenessa