SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ReneeM Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:03 pm

It can't be unfair to other girls if they only choose someone because they're a minority because they're not OWED the position. Tptb choose who THEY want every season, and I doubt it'll change now. It also bothers me when people, be it the media, former cast members, or the general viewing public speak as if Rachel's race is the only reason she could possibly be the 'ette. I know the topic of race can't/won't be avoided in the coverage but even excluding her race, everything else lines up for her to potentially be the lead. She's the spoiled F3 (prime spot for the next lead), she's accomplished, and people like her. All JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bleuberry Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:13 pm

sosleepy wrote:100% team Rachel.  15 years, 33 leads, all white. It couldn't have happened at a better time culturally (thank you, Nick for even getting us to a place where we have this viable option.) 

And I'm not just wanting Rachel because she's a minority. She is also educated, pretty, articulate, a good conversationalist. She finishes in the traditional F3=lead spot.

I don't know. It won't hurt America to see a strong, educated, friendly black women find love this summer. In fact, I think America could use a little of that. JMO.

All of this. I'm going to be pissed if she's bypassed for the same old same old.

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:14 pm

@ReneeM Me too. I can't express my annoyance. She's a human being. Yes they should have more diversity, I live in a very diverse country. I don't walk around saying she's Chinese, she's Pakistani, she's French. They are all people, they are my neighbours, friends, and coworkers, accomplished in their own way, deserving of anything that I'm deserving of IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71487

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:20 pm

Yeah, I don't get that it's "unfair to the other girls" argument at all. Realistically, only Raven would probably be missing out here. No one else really has a real shot imo. Someone gets the shaft every year for one reason or another. Only one person can get the lead. Raven will be fine. She'll get tons of exposure for her IG adds and maybe be the hot commodity on Paradise. It's fine.

If a black girl had talked so candidly about beating her boyfriend with a stiletto and talked openly about seeing his mistress's vajayjay, that back girl would absolutely NOT be in contention for the next 'Ette. Just no way. Put that convo on a white girl with a cute accent, and suddenly she's a contender. 

It's a sad truth, but for a black girl to get this far, even remotely in contention, she has to come from a stand up family, be incredibly educated and career focused, stand up citizen and person all around. Basically the world is just stacked that much higher against people of color. And that's what I find unfair. Not a crop of silly girls losing out on being the next lead cause they were up against a strong minority contender (for the first time in 15 years and 33 seasons). 

I just think it's Rachel's time. I'll be disappointment if they chose this moment to go with Raven instead.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:21 pm

I have found that when people focus on only ONE aspect of a person's story/life, it is usually in an effort to undermine the totality of that person's accomplishments (Is being the Bachelorette/Bachelor an accomplishment?).

Rachel is an eligible Bachelorette. Full stop.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 pm

What will be unfair no matter how the coin is tossed is how production not only tends to treat the cast, but especially the female leads.
Production had plenty of time to get a pool of women for Nick. They chose 25 women around the age of 25. That left 5 more women more age appropriate.
Rachel, IMO, is a great person.
However, production is who production is. This is not Scandal. This is not How to Get Away with Murder. These are the guys that produced Chainsaw Massacre, not masterpiece theater.
So I expect maybe 5 appropriate men. Maybe. And the dates. Don't get me snarking on those. I'm not that politically correct.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 pm

Anyone that isn't a famehoe and has a great career already outside the show is a big YES from me. Rachel doesn't seem to be a famehoe. She's very lowkey and would probably take this opportunity as a genuine humbling experience. If she finds someone at the end of the show great, if she doesn't that's fine too. I think she'll be a breath of fresh air the show needs badly. Jmo
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:44 pm

Kashathediva wrote:What will be unfair no matter how the coin is tossed is how production not only tends to treat the cast, but especially the female leads.
Production had plenty of time to get a pool of women for Nick. They chose 25 women around the age of 25. That left 5 more women more age appropriate.
Rachel, IMO, is a great person.
However, production is who production is. This is not Scandal. This is not How to Get Away with Murder. These are the guys that produced Chainsaw Massacre, not masterpiece theater.
So I expect maybe 5 appropriate men. Maybe. And the dates. Don't get me snarking on those. I'm not that politically correct.

Whoever the Bachelorette is would be very lucky to even get 5 appropriate men. They could end up with a gang of yahoos like Jojo did no

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:44 pm

If it is her and they let it out of the bag on JK, then that will tell me they will be looking for someone who will be worthy of her and not the bartenders sort.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:48 pm

Yeah I don't buy the argument that TPTB would pick her only because she's a WOC or the argument I've read on other boards that viewers would only want her to be the lead because she's a WOC. If that were true then TPTB would've stuck with Caila last year and viewers would've been behind her regardless of how they actually felt about her as a person. This season the WOC who is in the F4 is also the best choice. If she wasn't the best choice then they wouldn't go with her.

TPTB don't care about fairness. Was it fair to Luke and Chase that a guy who wasn't even on their season was chosen over both of them? Was it fair to Caila that she had the rug pulled out from under her a few days before the JoJo announcement even though she was in the usual F3/next lead spot? Was it fair to Arie that they filmed him telling his family he would be the Bachelor only to go with CS? Was it fair to Britt that she was pitted against Kaitlyn and the men got to vote between them?

I don't know how you could be fair in a situation like this anyway. How do you decide who is most deserving to be the lead?

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:50 pm

Fair? The closest thing this show ever gets to "fair" is when the date takes place at a fair.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:51 pm

sosleepy wrote:100% team Rachel.  15 years, 33 leads, all white. It couldn't have happened at a better time culturally (thank you, Nick for even getting us to a place where we have this viable option.) 

And I'm not just wanting Rachel because she's a minority. She is also educated, pretty, articulate, a good conversationalist. She finishes in the traditional F3=lead spot.

I don't know. It won't hurt America to see a strong, educated, friendly black women find love this summer. In fact, I think America could use a little of that. JMO.

sosleepy wrote:Yeah, I don't get that it's "unfair to the other girls" argument at all. Realistically, only Raven would probably be missing out here. No one else really has a real shot imo. Someone gets the shaft every year for one reason or another. Only one person can get the lead. Raven will be fine. She'll get tons of exposure for her IG adds and maybe be the hot commodity on Paradise. It's fine.

If a black girl had talked so candidly about beating her boyfriend with a stiletto and talked openly about seeing his mistress's vajayjay, that back girl would absolutely NOT be in contention for the next 'Ette. Just no way. Put that convo on a white girl with a cute accent, and suddenly she's a contender. 

It's a sad truth, but for a black girl to get this far, even remotely in contention, she has to come from a stand up family, be incredibly educated and career focused, stand up citizen and person all around. Basically the world is just stacked that much higher against people of color. And that's what I find unfair. Not a crop of silly girls losing out on being the next lead cause they were up against a strong minority contender (for the first time in 15 years and 33 seasons). 

I just think it's Rachel's time. I'll be disappointment if they chose this moment to go with Raven instead.

@sosleepy, word I agree clapping!
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+97
momoftrips
Incorrect_Justifications
ChazSA
cheetarah1980
moviechicka