SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 74 of 77 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by pikake Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:44 am

I just watched Nick's dance and thought it was a lot of fun - very disappointed in the scores compared to others - I think Nick deserved 8s even though he wasn't perfect. Ugh! I've watched DWTS for almost all of the seasons, but I'm beginning to get tired of the obvious favoritism.

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:15 am

I do have a question for those who might know or are a faithful audience member. I know the scores from judges put them in the bottom but if they get the most votes, do they stay anyway? In other words, can the judges determine who stays in any way when it comes to votes? LOL, does that make sense?

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:09 am

mprssdbyu wrote:I do have a question for those who might know or are a faithful audience member. I know the scores from judges put them in the bottom but if they get the most votes, do they stay anyway? In other words, can the judges determine who stays in any way when it comes to votes? LOL, does that make sense?

Who gets voted out is a combination of judges scores and viewer votes. If the judges really want someone to stay and someone to go, they over score the one they want to stay and underscore the one they want to go. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You can tell at the end of the season when they are trying to get someone out. Usually, at some point, the difference in scores becomes too much to overcome with audience votes and the person goes.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:40 am

So let's say someone score is 33 and another is 36. Who determines the formula for how many more votes score of 33 needs? Heather scored in middle of pack last week not even in bottom 2. I guess she didn't pull in many votes at all?

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:10 am

mprssdbyu wrote:So let's say someone score is 33 and another is 36. Who determines the formula for how many more votes score of 33 needs?  Heather scored in middle of pack last week not even in bottom 2. I guess she didn't pull in many votes at all?

There is supposed to be some kind of formula that they use...so x% judges scores + x% of votes = score. Then whoever gets the lowest combined score is out. Sometimes the difference in judges scores have been quite large and voters have overcome them. It just depends on how big a fan base the "star" has and how big a fan base the pro has and how rabid they are in voting for their favourite.

Since this is a game show where money is awarded, there are supposed to be strict guidelines that are used and overseen by some governing body so I believe ABC has to have the formula is out there somewhere and available for oversight. It all has to be in place before the season starts so everything is above board.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:52 am

Let's just say that Heather's elimination would be a good example of @Sprite's theory on scoring. If the scoring is 50-50 for the first few weeks when they have 1 dance for scoring, it then proves that Heather didn't have many viewer votes to stay despite Bonner being in the bottom. What I don't know is how much weight they put on the viewers vote, because I believe it would be based on ranking for example if person with most views gets 100% of total score of 40, not sure what % is applied to the least viewer votes. I think DWTS will then add the judges scores to that.

If the above formula is correct, IMO - Nick's scores for next week will be 28+33+(viewers weighted results). What score did the ladies get for their group dance? We may be able to get Nick's true ranking - but for sure Bonner and David have higher scores than him before viewers votes are counted in.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:55 am

Nick should never ever do the Carlton again laugh out loud. Cringe.

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 am

I think the formula is percentage of all the points given that night + percentage of all the viewer votes given that night. So if the couple gets 30 points and 300 points in total were given that night, that's 10% + whatever percentage of votes they get. I think last night was a good night to have the lowest score actually (if there is such a thing) since all the guys got the same score for the second dance. Two points between 61 and 63 is less percentage wise than two points between 28 and 30.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:18 pm

This was an explanation of how the points work a couple of years ago.
https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Voting-Dancing-with-the-Stars

I remember in season 1 that the points showed that there was no way that John O'Hurley could beat Kelly Monaco going into the final even though he seemed the best dancer that season. I believe that the viewers' votes counted for more back then and Kelly had a very strong voting bloc. Probably because of that the judges overscored her, imo, giving her a perfect score when there were obvious mistakes. There was so much controversy that they had a dance off that John won. I didn't realize that Kelly actually lost the trophy.* In any case, I believe that they changed it so the judges could control a little more or at least count equally.

*Source

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15304

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Mon May 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Just saw on Peta's IG that tonight is a double elimination. This could (hopefully) be Nick's last night. I predict Bonner and Nick go but if Nancy isn't connecting with the fans, she could take one of the elimination slots.

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 Samuel10DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 Samuel10 DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 Family10DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 Samuel15DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 74 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon May 01, 2017 1:57 pm

I think Nick signed a sweet deal with ABC to appear on DWTS. I suspect he is guaranteed to make is to a certain point in the competition. Whether it's tonight or next week, I think his contract limits are expiring.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Mon May 01, 2017 2:03 pm

@Norcalgal i really doubt that. Im pretty sure them guarunteeing him so far would be against the law since there is a monetary incentive for each week you continue. it could potentially open them up to a lawsuit.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 77 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+67
Mgrissom
chrissy1295
Stacia620
Zaynab
nutty1