SELECT CONTENT

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:30 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
YES!! Now you sparked my memory That was my favorite season! Rob and Amber are probably the only reality tv couple I have come close to fanning. I just loved them and followed them a long time (for me) after their season. All their daughters' middle names are Rose.

I don't know if this is still true, but a few years ago someone worked out that there had been more successful/long term relationships to come out of Survivor than all the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows combined.  

EDIT: I think this was the article, or one similar at least: http://www.fame10.com/entertainment/12-real-life-survivor-couples/

Their observation was that stronger/more meaningful bonds are formed under harsh circumstances than in unrealistically happy/fairytale situations.  I think there is a lot of truth to this and it is reflected in real life.

It would be a fun exercise to go through and make a list of all the Survivor couples we can remember.  I'm meant to be working but will quickly start the list off - feel free to add!

Couples who met in-game:
Amber & Rob
Greg & Colleen
Ethan & Jenna
Ozzy & Amanda
Erik & Jaime
Whitney & Keith

Played but on different seasons/met outside the game:
Todd & Spencer
Alex & Kim
Russell Hantz & Mikayla
Courtney Yates & Stephen Fishbach
David & Carolina

and of course, Jeff Probst & Julie (though they're now split)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kels0012 Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:55 pm

Sprite wrote:
Sprite wrote:I don't know why people are so shocked that Malcolm got voted out. I figured he would be one of the first to go because he is such a threat. In my pool, almost half the people put him as their captain. I was like???

Kashathediva wrote:I think they did that because they "like" him vs the mentality of who would end up strategically being the "survivor".
It's like with Sandra. I don't like her. Not one bit. But ya got to wonder what it's going to take to vote her off.  This is the SOS that has gotten her the past 2 wins. The only difference this time is she is cockier about it.

Sorry for quoting myself, but not sure if people would understand WTH I was talking about otherwise.

I hope they picked him because they liked him rather than thinking he actually had any chance of winning. Either way, I am way too competitive to pick my team pool based on that, but I know not everyone is like that. One season, I had a lady pick her team based on who had the best hair! speechless Suffice it to say, she didn't do so well. On the other forum where I'm also in the Survivor pool, this season someone made their team up of all the players nobody else picked. It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Our pool is a blind draw and each person gets one player. When Malcolm played the first time he was my pick. I love when my draw ends up being one of my favorite players. I drew Sarah Lacina this time so I feel comfortable rooting for her for the money I'd win and because I actually enjoy her as a player. Best of both worlds.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 pm

@Kels0012 enjoy your money. Rumours are she wins.

I picked Culpepper for mine. My number two was Sierra.. So I stink..no winnings for me. Although I did win last season.

It doesn't matter I just love this game. A winner is a winner is a winner. Everybody that wins deserves it. I just love watching.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:43 pm

Kels0012 wrote:

Our pool is a blind draw and each person gets one player. When Malcolm played the first time he was my pick. I love when my draw ends up being one of my favorite players. I drew Sarah Lacina this time so I feel comfortable rooting for her for the money I'd win and because I actually enjoy her as a player. Best of both worlds.

That's how I used to run the pool. Blind draw and if your player was out, tough luck. It sucked if your player was out first, so I eventually went with the team format.  

I didn't realise that Sarah is rumoured to win...she is the captain of my pool...in both versions! Prey for me. I have yet to win either version although I have come in second and third. It was hard picking my teams this season since nobody really stood out for me as the winner. I just eliminated all the previous winners and everybody who was a really serious physical threat like Malcolm, Ozzy and Caleb. Then I got rid of the flaky types who flip flopped or could be manipulated like Tai and Jeff. Then I worked from who was left...how smart were they at reading people, strategy, physically and how likable they were and could they sway the jury at the end. Sarah seemed to be the top of my list. I threw in Troyzan because I like him and Ciera in her first interview post getting kicked out said that everyone liked him. (Both pools allow people to watch the first episode before handing in our teams.) I also put Sierra in the mix because she won that advantage and she is pretty physical...although, after the last episode that may come back to bite me. I included Brad because he is pretty manipulative and I don't think he stands out as much in this group for having $ like he did in a cast of newbies, but I still don't think they would give him the money if he made it to the end. I guess I'll have to wait and see although the fact that both Malcolm and Caleb have been voted out already, bodes well for me since they were on a lot of teams and Malcolm was captain for about 1/3 of them and neither were on my teams. Losing a captain this early means you're pretty much toast since they earn twice the points of anyone else and once they are eliminated, even if you have a reserve come in, they don't get those double points so it is important to choose wisely.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:02 pm

Its on time for one of my favs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 pm

YAY! And I hope Sandra boils JT's stupid Azz.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Well, looks like he is going to find an idol. Jeez Louise.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Yes he found it laugh out loud giggling now things get interesting hope he gets Sandra out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Damn! Andrea looks fantastic for someone out in Survivor land!

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 pm

Now I know it is Debbie I am not liking her at all. I hope she goes next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:26 pm

@reason Debbie is totally NUTZ --IMHO. Note the word humble. LOL
She was nuts her first season too.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:27 pm

@kash yes and I want her gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Survivor 2017 - Game Changers- Season 34 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+16
blueblues
Cocoasneeze
jojo47
TrishB
Buckeye_Fan