SELECT CONTENT

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:06 am

To me Raven is the least viable F1 let alone F2 I have ever seen for the Bach show. I also think this is a very positive thing and credit Nick for that as I think it was purposefully done on his part for his F1.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:09 am

IMO, Raven campaigned for it from the time she got from filming.  She made shirts, promoted herself and her store on SM.  There was plenty of talk about Raven for Bach, especially after her story about the ex.  

But honestly I don't think all the campaigning in the world would've mattered if TPTB at ABC really wanted to go in the direction of a WOC and making history.  Even if MF wanted Raven, there was not much he could do if they sold him to go in another direction, IMO.  

JMO

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:18 am

IMO Raven went to the show to campaign for the next lead. IMO she had a whole sl ready for her, she had her people spill info to RS, so it's not hard to see why she's unbelievable as the F2, let alone F1. The whole big O story and how it played out was too scripted and unbelievable too. IMO Raven has been one of the most aggressive contestants ever to blow her own horn. Good for her, tbh, but I'm wondering if it's paying off, have her businesses seen increase in success or not. JMO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 am

In hindsite, the only way Raven was ever getting this gig was if Rachel turned it down. Distant Plan B. 

I agree her interactions with Nick feel completely scripted. I don't buy she's anywhere remotely invested in him and vice versa.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:23 am

ITA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've always thought Raven was campaigning for next Bette and thus her storyboard and SM behavior pre-season and during the season IMO. This show always has a few candidates in mind for next lead but no doubt to me they already had made the decision to go with Rachel but it wouldn't surprise me if Raven thought they wouldn't go with her considering this show's history and what other past contestants said that the show wouldn't pick Rachel. I think the early announcement was in part to make sure that no amount of campaigning or fanning by or for Raven would work as they already made up their mind.

That said, as F2 I think she is one of the luckiest F2s as I don't think she was blindsided or brokenhearted like past F2s (certainly not even close to what JoJo or Nick went through IMO) and I don't think for a minute she was in love even in the bubble but was just playing a role to have a shot at next lead. I think she will be just fine and get SM shilling opportunities, fans, other opportunities, and a BIP stint, etc.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:27 am

AllAboutLove wrote:ITA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've always thought Raven was campaigning for next Bette and thus her storyboard and SM behavior pre-season and during the season IMO. This show always has a few candidates in mind for next lead but no doubt to me they already had made the decision to go with Rachel but it wouldn't surprise me if Raven thought they wouldn't go with her considering this show's history and what other past contestants said that the show wouldn't pick Rachel. I think the early announcement was in part to make sure that no amount of campaigning or fanning by or for Raven would work as they already made up their mind.

That said, as F2 I think she is one of the luckiest F2s as I don't think she was blindsided or brokenhearted like past F2s (certainly not even close to what JoJo or Nick went through IMO) and I don't think for a minute she was in love even in the bubble but was just playing a role to have a shot at next lead. I think she will be just fine and get SM shilling opportunities, fans, other opportunities, and a BIP stint, etc.  

Interesting! I hadn't considered this, but I think you may be spot on. In recent years, intense fandom has made TPTB force their hand and pick the fan favorite over the producer pick. Kaitlyn over Bitt and JoJo over Caila immediately come to mind. I can def see how announcing Rachel early was premeditated to avoid this scenario again with Raven. Interesting.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:47 am

Ladybug82 wrote:IMO, Raven campaigned for it from the time she got from filming.  She made shirts, promoted herself and her store on SM.  There was plenty of talk about Raven for Bach, especially after her story about the ex.  

But honestly I don't think all the campaigning in the world would've mattered if TPTB at ABC really wanted to go in the direction of a WOC and making history.  Even if MF wanted Raven, there was not much he could do if they sold him to go in another direction, IMO.  

JMO
I agree. TPTB were def looking for WOC to be next lead. From TPTB twitter feeds , they are very liberal & given the events of the negativity surrounding this past Presidential election they were called out last year many times on twitter for being racist for never having had a WOC or MOC to lead their show. So I'm not surprised . Rachel is beautiful, smart & has a great personality & I hope the process works for her. I'm sure she'll do great. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4300

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:59 am

AllAboutLove wrote:ITA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've always thought Raven was campaigning for next Bette and thus her storyboard and SM behavior pre-season and during the season IMO. This show always has a few candidates in mind for next lead but no doubt to me they already had made the decision to go with Rachel but it wouldn't surprise me if Raven thought they wouldn't go with her considering this show's history and what other past contestants said that the show wouldn't pick Rachel. I think the early announcement was in part to make sure that no amount of campaigning or fanning by or for Raven would work as they already made up their mind.

Good post and IA.  I too think that's exactly why they announced early so they didn't have to worry about who became the fan fav and having to change or give in to who the fans wanted, like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mentioned.  Sure the extra time to find a few picks exclusively for Rachel might have been true, but at best it's a couple, not the whole cast, and IMO, it sounds like a good excuse/reason to justify the early announcement and spoil part of the season for the casual viewer.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:04 am

I went unspoiled through most of season so missed all her campaigning. It is just weird to see a f2 with imo so few die hard fans on forum that she doesn't even have fan thread.

Shoot, Nick spoiled his f2 exit and I was convinced until bitter end that he would be Andis final pick.

Yes, good that she won't be heartbroken but always more interesting for us on forum if there was a little doubt about winner.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Swiss Girl Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Raven has a fan thread.

Swiss Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:05 am

Also the real conflict for Nick they had to create was Nick vs. his fear of rejection in another quest (note didn't use journey) for great love. Only teenagers will believe that great love looks like Nick and Raven's relationship. I think the only other believable relationship that would compare was Rachel's.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:38 am

Swiss Girl wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Raven has a fan thread.

Ah...there it is. Thank you. I just never see it pop up when i pick view new posts.

Guess what I meant was posters keeping the fan thread going on daily basis building the case for why Raven could be f1.

She is still there after all. And I get that it's a season of will Nick get refused. I just think it backfired on production that no members...IMO even after reading her fan thread ... is posting anything, even edit clues, to suggest that Raven is f1.

Okay I am done deadhorse . Back to looking at Bach nation baby pictures.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Raven Gates - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

+54
maya213
cookielover12
crunchycheeto
Duke702
RealityEscape