SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:22 pm

@Amethyst I understand your point, however the whole show was based on Peter telling Rachel directly himself, that he was not going to propose if he was the last one there. During a 3+ hour discussion he decided he would make that sacrifice.

That to me, tells me he was not ready to get engaged. MF tweeted which IMO was a direct slam against Peter asking if we really want someone who is not ready to settle down with a women he loves.

We can go around in circles talking about absurd this show is and how silly an engagement is expected after such a short time, but that's what this show is all about. IMO we could say that for 21 previous bachelors, how silly of them to go on this show. They are not going to change their expectations of the lead IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Amethyst Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@Amethyst Therein lies the rub.
He isn't going to get his own pick of a hand-selected cast. No one gets that. TPTB might like to let the audience think they even choose a cast aimed for a certain person and might do that to a certain extent, but it's still not what the audience is going to be expecting, IMO.
Granted Rachel got a more racially diverse cast. She did. She also got a Lee and a Whaboom and plenty of other crazies.
Nick got an woman who didn't have the intelligence to know the difference between a shark and a dolphin, one who likes to choke and another who beat her ex lover with a shoe.

What I am trying to say is that he will get his pick of 30+ women, many or most of whom tried out with him in mind. Sure, there will be the usual complement of women who bring the drama, the crazy, etc. But there will also be some solid, very appealing picks in the bunch.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:37 pm

I think Peter could/would propose, he just wasn't ready to propose to "Rachel". I think he liked her or maybe even loved her. It did not seem like he was "in love" with her. All JMO.

One reason I would like to see him as the Bachelor is to see how different he would be/act with someone he is truly interested in or maybe even head over heels for. I think it would be pretty fascinating. giggling
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Amethyst wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:@Amethyst Therein lies the rub.
He isn't going to get his own pick of a hand-selected cast. No one gets that. TPTB might like to let the audience think they even choose a cast aimed for a certain person and might do that to a certain extent, but it's still not what the audience is going to be expecting, IMO.
Granted Rachel got a more racially diverse cast. She did. She also got a Lee and a Whaboom and plenty of other crazies.
Nick got an woman who didn't have the intelligence to know the difference between a shark and a dolphin, one who likes to choke and another who beat her ex lover with a shoe.

What I am trying to say is that he will get his pick of 30+ women, many or most of whom tried out with him in mind. Sure, there will be the usual complement of women who bring the drama, the crazy, etc. But there will also be some solid, very appealing picks in the bunch.

They already have a cast pool.
Yes, women will try out for the lead.
That does not guarantee they will be cast for whoever the next lead is. TPTB will take from the pool that is already there just as they took Jason who was in the pool for years, and Peter who was in the pool for years.
They will take from those that apply this season, too.
Of those 30 most will be what the audience can consider drama infused crazies. IMO They are there for the storyline.
Of those solid, appealing bunch the TPTB usually choose about 5. Hopefully, the lead has enough sense and wisdom to keep those 5 around from the first night.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:46 pm

I'm really surprised they aren't leaking who they are leaning towards if not Peter. Yes, most go on for the adventure for fun but for it to work, the cast chosen need to be attracted to,  open and somewhat attached to the next "Lead" if only physically... initially. They are playing with fire if an engagement is a must... if they are going to basically pull a rabbit out of the hat at the last minute. We know the media shouted "Luke" but when that fell apart, TPTB decided they wanted the right girls for Nick so they went after them. Fast forward to Rachel, they felt the need to do the same. Am I suppose to believe just "whoever it is" will play out like MF insists it must?

The alternatives to Peter are slim pickings, IMO. Good guys but I just don't see the draw as in seasons past where they weren't advertised early.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:52 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:I'm really surprised they aren't leaking who they are leaning towards if not Peter. Yes, most go on for the adventure for fun but for it to work, the cast chosen need to be attracted to,  open and somewhat attached to the next "Lead" if only physically initially. They are playing with fire if an engagement is a must if they are going to basically pull a rabbit out of the hat at the last minute. We know the media shouted "Luke" but when that fell apart, TPTB decided they wanted the right girls for Nick so they went after them. Fast forward to Rachel, they felt the need to do the same. Am I suppose to believe just "whoever it is" will play out like MF insists it must?

It did for many seasons prior. no idea Blob. Jake. Jason. Jesse Palmer, Matt Grant.
Cast can always leave and have. There have been cast that have left the first night of the Meat&Greet prior to it starting when being presented with their "role" and not wanting to go along. There have been leads that are not great looking, disinterested in the girls, horn dogs and basically unemployed. Nothing stopped them from having a season.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
mprssdbyu wrote:I'm really surprised they aren't leaking who they are leaning towards if not Peter. Yes, most go on for the adventure for fun but for it to work, the cast chosen need to be attracted to,  open and somewhat attached to the next "Lead" if only physically initially. They are playing with fire if an engagement is a must if they are going to basically pull a rabbit out of the hat at the last minute. We know the media shouted "Luke" but when that fell apart, TPTB decided they wanted the right girls for Nick so they went after them. Fast forward to Rachel, they felt the need to do the same. Am I suppose to believe just "whoever it is" will play out like MF insists it must?

It did for many seasons prior.  no idea Blob. Jake. Jason. Jesse Palmer, Matt Grant.  
Cast can always leave and have. There have been cast that have left the first night of the Meat&Greet prior to it starting when being presented with their "role" and not wanting to go along. There have been leads that are not great looking, disinterested in the girls, horn dogs and basically unemployed. Nothing stopped them from having a season.
I'm spoiled because I only watched one of those seasons. NO way was I wasting my time on those leads! I would have thought they have learned a few lessons over the years esp when SM is a strong pull. DVR  bypasses all sponsors.

ETA: I'm not all in on Peter. He's okay. I don't see the double negatives so many do but I am afraid of what the alternatives may be after watching Dean on BIP. I'm disappointed so far. That smile won't carry him on TB, IMO like I thought it might to keep my interest.

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:00 pm

They did learn something all those seasons.
They learned how to work it. They learned what works for them and what doesn't.
It doesn't matter what the viewer wants unless it translated to reduced ratings.
So all the complaining we do about the dumb formulas and trite dates etc basically fall on deaf ears(I include myself here) unless it translated into loss of revenue.
TPTB are going to to things their way as it translates to $$$. JMO

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:06 pm

My favorite bachelorette emerged from a "Lead" I thought I would never be able to follow every Monday night so I guess anything is possible even if I consider the possibility extremely thin. (For it to happen again). I'm just glad I didn't get into this past season. I can see that it has been an emotional doozie! Nick wore me out Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 71 3806527698 after 3/4 years!

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:11 pm

BKay wrote:@AllAboutLove You aren't alone. I feel Peter tries hard to look captivating, but ends up looking silly, kinda the way Luke Pell did. Too theatrical and promo'ish imo. He just isn't attractive to me.

To me Peter is attractive but, I agree with you about all the posing and mugging and posturing like he's back in his modeling days. He is trying too hard to follow Dean's instruction to develop an "edge" IMO. In addition, salt and pepper indicates silver fox status soon which may be a great trait to a 40+ year old woman but, may or may not work for a 25-30 year old young woman, IMO. I know it wouldn't have worked for me, at that age.

I don't believe for a minute that he didn't love Rachel so, I'm ok with him refusing to be F2, get down on one knee and be rejected (JMO). I think that's what he meant when he told Rachel he only wants to do that once. He asked her if she could say she knew for certain he was the one and she said, "I can't answer that". Add that to the watches that freaked all the guys out for their sheer symbolism and I'm going to say that those are major factors in his unwillingness to propose, IMO. Those and the numerous red flags I believe I saw in Madison in his real life. So, I would be fine never seeing his face again or, watching him be TB but, I will go on record right now saying I don't think there's any way in hell he can handle the pressure, IMO. His parents are over-protective for a reason, JMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:19 pm

I don't know where it says that they have to propose at the end. They've pushed proposals on the Bachelorette but several Bachelor leads didn't propose. Everyone I've talked to irl about the ending of the show says that Peter is the most realistic one. I'm sure they prefer proposals but maybe it's time to change the expectation. no idea

I don't recall any recent guys admitting that they were asked if they want to be lead until after the fact. They may be asked to not talk about it to the media. That would make sense to me since ABC seems to want to control the roll out.

I finally watched Jimmy Kimmel to see Baby BIP and they did a clip with Ben Z talking about his dog - a lot. Not lead material imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:02 am

I hope it isn't Dean. He comes across as a boy to me.

No real Peter fan here as I find him to be a bit dull and not all that good looking. However, I can see how his kind of angst and twisty/conflicted vibe appeals to viewers and makes him seem so real. The PR games being played are funny to observe. If it turns out to not be him, I do feel for whoever takes the role as the fan bitterness won't be pretty and the comparison judgement will be harsh.

If he is chosen, I am curious as to whether he will be worth the gamble and deliver a ratings bonanza given that he practically has a cult following. If not, will the numbers stay relatively the same as the show has a core audience that will always come back for more regardless of who makes up the cast?

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+112
NCGalBecca
Imp
whit90
aviej
harts05