SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 70 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 70 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Rolly Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm

FashionLover wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Rachel followers weren't anything out of this world, Nick has over 1million. IMO followers don't mean much since they could be SM trolls and not fans as well.

Does Peter want to settle down, get engaged, and married? That's the box I don't think he checks off IMHO. Neither does Wells IMHO. They need someone IMHO who wants to get engaged, thinks they want to get engaged, and can fake they want to get engaged.

If **I'm** being honest here IMO, on the list of reasons why leads accept the role, this would probably be like 6th and that's generous. Anyone who was serious about marriage isn't going to the bachelor to look for it. The show is about exposure at this point and **I** just pretend that marriage is the first priority to keep the fantasy alive.

But to answer your question, based on SM activity alone, Peter's actions point to him being more ready than any of the other options combined **IMO**. For me actions speak louder than words. The man literally spends his friday nights hanging out with married couples and their kids laugh out loud . If he wanted to, he could easily hit up dean and be in LA hanging out other bach nation people, who I assume would receive him with open arms since he's the hot commodity right now..

Good Post  I agree
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 70 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Aria Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:47 pm

FashionLover wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Rachel followers weren't anything out of this world, Nick has over 1million. IMO followers don't mean much since they could be SM trolls and not fans as well.

Does Peter want to settle down, get engaged, and married? That's the box I don't think he checks off IMHO. Neither does Wells IMHO. They need someone IMHO who wants to get engaged, thinks they want to get engaged, and can fake they want to get engaged.

If **I'm** being honest here IMO, on the list of reasons why leads accept the role, this would probably be like 6th and that's generous. Anyone who was serious about marriage isn't going to the bachelor to look for it. The show is about exposure at this point and **I** just pretend that marriage is the first priority to keep the fantasy alive.

But to answer your question, based on SM activity alone, Peter's actions point to him being more ready than any of the other options combined **IMO**. For me actions speak louder than words. The man literally spends his friday nights hanging out with married couples and their kids laugh out loud . If he wanted to, he could easily hit up dean and be in LA hanging out other bach nation people, who I assume would receive him with open arms since he's the hot commodity right now.

Yup, 6th would be pushing it. I mean, not only have only two Bachelor married their pick, only about a handful of Bachelors out of 21 (!) have gotten married to anyone. A willingness to commit and settle down has never been a priority for the show when picking a lead. I do think that Peter is probably about 1000x more ready than our other potential Bachelors, Dean and Wells (how did we come to this??). IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:49 pm

albean99 wrote:We can have an opinion but we don't "know" that Peter didn't love Rachel. I thought he came across as credible plus he wouldn't be the first lead to have come from loving the Bachelorette to getting their own chance.

I'm very torn about it because I think it may be better for Peter to stay out of their clutches.

bean, once again, you are in my head :yes: :yes: ITA with you on all points.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:51 pm

I am well aware the desire to get engaged and married may not be on most lead's agenda, however they need to make a case that's what they want if they have a hope in heck. MF and company are not going to choose a lead just because they have a fan following. It didn't work for Luke Pell, and he had a huge fan following as well.

Spending Friday nights with married couples and their kids IMO is not a reason to be the lead on this show. Peter has been apparently liking some questionable SM posts, from what I've seen here. You either play their game or you don't IMO he's not playing their game. He finds it necessary to comment or like SM, sticking up for himself, that's his right, however does MF take notice? I would think so.

MF has already called Peter out on SM and not what I would call in a positive way.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71486

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Imp Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:23 pm

I adore Wells and would love to see him find true love, but judging by BIP, he would not be very comfortable juggling so many women..

I still think Peter would be great, or alternatively Eric, from this season. Dean would be a mess, no Dean, please!!

Also, not sure if this was discussed already (probably), but doesn't Matt's most recent Instagram post have some serious I'mTheNewBachelor vibes? Maybe he's in talks as some sort of a backup. That would be one dull season.

Imp

Back to top Go down

Post by frostedcupcakes Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Has there been any leads in the past who have had "questionable" SM habits before they got it?
frostedcupcakes
frostedcupcakes

Female Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mgrissom Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:35 pm

I would say that if you are anxious to get married then TB is not for you. You meet in an unnatural setting with limited time to talk and only one private overnight. You get engaged, stay in hiding while the lead dates 25+ men/women, and then find your relationship talked about in magazines.

If the process works, it takes a year or more outside the show to know it really is love and not just a TV show.

No wonder the show mostly attracts those wanting some public recognition for their career. It almost seems that love is an afterthought.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:20 pm

frostedcupcakes wrote:Has there been any leads in the past who have had "questionable" SM habits before they got it?

Yes, tons of them.
Social media didn't exist for a long time and the show did fine. rofl
It can do fine again. The show can pick a blow up doll, a dead body or another BLOB and do a nice PR job and set the guy up.
The only people I see having a problem with it are all those who want it to be Peter. JMOAA.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:28 pm

There is no requirement to get MARRIED. But by TPTB standards, there is a requirement to get engaged at the end of the show, just like there's a requirement to date multiple people on the show, go to fantasy suites, visit hometowns and awkwardly eliminate people on 2-on-1 dates. As a lead, sure you can say no, but then you'd never know how they can butcher you in the edit later on. 

So IMO, if someone can't even see the potential of getting engaged at the end of the show, it's best they don't go into the show in the first place. Like it or not, it has become part of the show process.

JMO.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:37 pm

I don't think there is anything that contractually obstructs a cast person from saying they are in talks with TPTB regarding the lead role or saying the opposite.
I know in the past, past cast have discussed it with family and family has then shared it with various members here and then with mods. giggling
I know past cast have shared such with me.
I know past cast family have shared such with other mods.
If there were contractual prohibitive etc I don't think this kind of thing would be out there.  In recent past seasons, there have been many possible contenders so it lessens the big hype for TB. IMO
And if someone is simply not being considered and has no interest, I can not possibly understand why they would not come out and say so. They would have every right to do so. The only reason I could possibly see that right being denied is if it was in their contract during the 'Ette season not to disclose this possibility and then they are under contract with TPTB for 2 yrs.
JMOAA

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:03 pm

I hate to keep pointing it out, but when push comes to shove, Peter *was* willing to propose to Rachel. Sure, he could have been more gracious and romantic about it, but he was willing to get down on one knee IF he was her pick. He wasn't. He wasn't about to propose if Rachel was going to turn around and select Bryan instead. That's not how Peter operates.

To me, the "Peter can't get there in X number of weeks" argument is moot. He *did* get there. He *was* willing to propose. Rachel just indicated to him that she had picked somebody else.

Give him his own pick of a hand-selected cast, and I have no doubt that he can get there in the allotted time. He's going to be the only one who will be doing the proposing!
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:14 pm

@Amethyst Therein lies the rub.
He isn't going to get his own pick of a hand-selected cast. No one gets that. TPTB might like to let the audience think they even choose a cast aimed for a certain person and might do that to a certain extent, but it's still not what the audience is going to be expecting, IMO.
Granted Rachel got a more racially diverse cast. She did. She also got a Lee and a Whaboom and plenty of other crazies.
Nick got an woman who didn't have the intelligence to know the difference between a shark and a dolphin, one who likes to choke and another who beat her ex lover with a shoe.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+112
NCGalBecca
Imp
whit90
aviej
harts05