SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 75 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by casjacknick Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Wait Dean is a contender? I did not finish Rachel's season but I am watching Paradise. This guy cannot negotiate 2 girls and they might give him 30?! Hahaha. Please. I would watch every second of that train wreck. Bring on January!

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by sdmom Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:14 pm

From RS today. Believe or dis believe at your own decision.
My impression: is Peter playing hard to get again? Is he trying to get a better offer?

Within two hours, this story went up on People.com which was basically throwing shade at Peter. Let me explain how this works. All those “sources” who were rushing to People with those quotes are directly linked to the show. They wanted it out there that basically if Peter isn’t the “Bachelor,” it’s because they never wanted him in the first place. That couldn’t be more of a lie if they tried. Total BS and don’t buy any of it. What I’ve been hearing is they absolutely want Peter, he isn’t interested (as of now), so they spun the narrative to People to make it seem like they would never want someone like him to begin with. Which couldn’t be further from the truth. Of COURSE they want Peter. He’s the most talked about contestant from this past season, is good looking, age appropriate and has a rabid fan base bordering on maniacal. He checks off every box of the “Bachelor” for them. Well, except one. He’s not interested in getting married at the end of this thing, and that’s where the problem lies.

I told you all throughout last season where Peter’s head was at. He didn’t come on this show to meet a wife or propose to anyone. Was never going to happen. That’s not why he was there. He was there to build a brand, just like most of these people are. But apparently this guy is dead set on not getting engaged at the end and won’t play ball with them, hence the reason he’s told them no. However, just because he says no, don’t think production is just like, “Oh, ok. Thanks for thinking about us. We’ll move on.” Please. They will try anything they can to get him to change his mind. Whether or not they’ll succeed, I don’t know. Can’t predict the future. Peter needs to weigh what’s more important. Continue to build his brand off Rachel’s season, or become the lead on a show watched by roughly 8 million people a week on network television. He needs to figure out if that is worth it to him to at least open himself up to the chance that he might fall hard for one of these women hand picked for him. I mean, if I were him I don’t know why he’d turn it down. It’s still not over yet, but, don’t think they aren’t done pursuing him.

So IF it isn’t Peter, and that’s a big if, everyone is weighing in on who it could be. Hell, Chris Harrison came back the next day after the People story ran and even HE said it’s not over with Peter. So if he’s saying it, you know they’re still after him. Because Chris has no problem throwing shade at people they don’t want anymore. He certainly could’ve in that situation and chose not to. So now everyone seems to be turning their attention towards others. Is it gonna be Ben Higgins? Eric? Wells? Dean? The names are endless. Basically right now, no one has any idea. I sure don’t. I still think there’s a chance with Peter, but how much of a chance? Not sure. That’s who they want. If it’s not him, you’re gonna have a hell of a time convincing the audience whoever they choose was their first choice. Just to set the record straight, Ben Higgins basically eliminated himself and it certainly doesn’t sound like Wells is all that fired up for it. I just don’t see Wells in that role. He comes across much more like a buddy than a leading man. But stranger things have happened I guess. We’re still a few weeks away from the announcement, so there’s time.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:57 pm

I personally don't buy anything RS ever says about the next lead. Kaitlyn and Nick would never be leads if he was right, Jojo wouldn't have gotten it since she was F2 and Luke would have been the last Bachelor IMO.

Personally, I think the truth lies somewhere in between - TPTB wanted Peter but grew tired of him coz he won't play by the rules. So they have these stories out there to soften the blow with fans when he doesn't get picked IMO. I don't think they are desperate for him - they never are for the male leads IMO. They get consistent high ratings with even controversial choices like JPG and Nick unlike the 'Ette wherein the choice of the lead does seem to have atleast some impact IMO based on Des, Andi and Rachel's season ratings.

IMO If there was any truth to the story that TPTB are scrambling for the next lead, Dean's edit might have improved on Paradise, Wells and Ben Z might have gotten more screen time last night, Ben H wouldn't have posted about not being interested. IMO TPTB's current action seems like they already have who they want and are just spinning multiple stories and throwing names out there to keep people talking. If only for that, I think it is Rashad inspite of the interviews he gave. IMO He will probably say that he saw how the process worked for Nick and Vanessa and he now feels ready. giggling

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Instead of scrambling for other bachelor candidates, why not mix it up this time and have another Bachelorette? Could tptb be nimble enough to change this up this late in the game? or do they have a season planned which could work either way? Don't they always have a stable of contestants waiting in the wings? I realize the ratings are usually lower for Bachelorette, but that might be due to time of year and other factors.
I say do it! And Kristina for Bachelorette.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:26 pm

coolangel wrote:I personally don't buy anything RS ever says about the next lead. Kaitlyn and Nick would never be leads if he was right, Jojo wouldn't have gotten it since she was F2 and Luke would have been the last Bachelor IMO.

Personally, I think the truth lies somewhere in between - TPTB wanted Peter but grew tired of him coz he won't play by the rules. So they have these stories out there to soften the blow with fans when he doesn't get picked IMO. I don't think they are desperate for him - they never are for the male leads IMO. They get consistent high ratings with even controversial choices like JPG and Nick unlike the 'Ette wherein the choice of the lead does seem to have atleast some impact IMO based on Des, Andi and Rachel's season ratings.

IMO If there was any truth to the story that TPTB are scrambling for the next lead, Dean's edit might have improved on Paradise, Wells and Ben Z might have gotten more screen time last night, Ben H wouldn't have posted about not being interested. IMO TPTB's current action seems like they already have who they want and are just spinning multiple stories and throwing names out there to keep people talking. If only for that, I think it is Rashad inspite of the interviews he gave. IMO He will probably say that he saw how the process worked for Nick and Vanessa and he now feels ready. giggling

All JMO
word I agree :alltens:

I think TPTB could choose the doll Adam Jnr and the girls would still go on the show so they can get their 15 minutes, get SM followers, start a "blog", shill, go on BIP, have a chance to be the next Bachelorette, etc etc. As if they go on for any other reason laugh out loud jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:31 pm

I agree with you, coolangel. Now that Rashad has not been picked up for the NFL season, he's got to be getting tired of traveling to dance and ready for the next level of exposure. He would be an amazing TB. I hope they ask him and he says YES!

He's got all those NFL buddies, DWTS buddies, never married, no kids. Lovely, tall, built, adorable, great dancer. I'm in.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:35 pm

They sold a season with Blob. They can sell anything. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:37 pm

I don't come in this thread often, but when I do I feel like I have whiplash. Is Rashad an actual option? Or is this wishful thinking?

Last time I asked almost this same exact question about Ben H. It boggled my mind that he might be an option. Now I see Rashad's name and I'm like...wait, what?
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Rashad was discussed as an option back when DWTS was on. I'd personally love it if he was the bachelor. He's been my first option for next bachelor all year long. He's the whole package imo. I think if ever TPTB wanted to go with someone new this year Rashad would be an awesome choice Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 75 4256136633
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:46 pm

i hope they give us a fresh face...a total unknown.
Peter doing the push and pull even regarding bachelor negotiations....how exhausting. I just can't with him

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 75 1f49b  Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 75 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:54 pm

I'm not sure who I would prefer, but of the names I've seen here I would definitely be team Rashad.

I only saw Peter for 1.5 episodes last season and that was enough for me. I can't take that much angst for a whole season.

I've now seen Dean for 1.5 episodes of BIP and I just can't take him seriously. Plus I don't find him that pretty.

I am not down with re-treads like Ben H. Plus, I'm generally not down with boring Ben H.

So I guess that leaves me with Rashad. Even though most of these relationships are BS, I still need the allusion of someone finding their HEA. I won't buy into that with Peter, Dean, or Ben H. I could probably at least pretend with Rashad.

Question - what about Rachel's F3? I can never remember his name, but is he not part of the convo? Isn't F3 a pretty typical spot for next lead?
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Ben Higgins is looking better and better. Especially, if there trying to sell us on him as the next lead.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+112
NCGalBecca
Imp
whit90
aviej
harts05