SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nickviall - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:58 pm

coolangel wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Is it his season or the show in general?

The nominations are always for the current season for the non-reality shows so I would think it must be the same for the reality show categories. They also tagged him in the tweet from the MTV account so IMO it's for his season.  Smiley

Thanks! I was thinking surely not the most recent season laugh out loud.

Nickviall - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Nickviall - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by Billysmom Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:43 pm

I loved nick's season. Except for boobgate....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:40 pm

hae1001 wrote:This is the first year MTV has branched out and included tv shows with the movie awards. IMO the nomination had little to do with nicks season, but rather the franchise as a whole. Bachelor nation is a big part of pop culture.

Even if it's the first year when they have included TV shows, I don't think the nominations are for the franchise coz IMO no way RuPaul's Drag Race and MasterChef Junior would get a nomination over Survivor or The Amazing Race otherwise. laugh out loud laugh out loud

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Billysmom wrote:I loved nick's season. Except for boobgate....

Boobgate???

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Corinne et al
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 pm

coolangel wrote:
hae1001 wrote:This is the first year MTV has branched out and included tv shows with the movie awards. IMO the nomination had little to do with nicks season, but rather the franchise as a whole. Bachelor nation is a big part of pop culture.

Even if it's the first year when they have included TV shows, I don't think the nominations are for the franchise coz IMO no way RuPaul's Drag Race and MasterChef Junior would get a nomination over Survivor or The Amazing Race otherwise. laugh out loud laugh out loud

All JMO

It's an MTV award not an oscar or the golden globes. The nominations are about the shows they think the audience that watches that award show watches. Also these types of award shows where you 'vote' are usually rigged.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:25 pm

The MTV audience is usually watching reality shows like The Bachelor, Ru Paul, The Voice, Real Housewives, etc. Those fit in with a lineup like The Challenge, Are You the One?, Teen Mom. They want shows that are highly tweeted/talked about by the young demographics. MTV also awards Movie Awards to absolutely terrible movies too. Lol

Nickviall - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 87b72b10 Nickviall - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 86669110 Nickviall - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:48 pm

ReneeM wrote:
coolangel wrote:

All JMO

It's an MTV award not an oscar or the golden globes. The nominations are about the shows they think the audience that watches that award show watches. Also these types of award shows where you 'vote' are usually rigged.

Haha! I know that. However, even though they are not as prestigious, they made progressive changes this year with their revamp which I found commendable. When a $4.5 million budget movie (Get Out) goes up against a $160 million budget movie (Beauty and the Beast) and actually has a chance to win, I think it's a good sign that quality cinema is being recognized. There are a lot of reasons why I think they shouldn't be just dismissed as the poor cousin of prestigious shows anymore, but that's a discussion which will be way off topic on this forum so I'll let it be.

Sorry for the off topic. Back to Nick and Vanessa. Smiley
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:25 pm

Regardless, it's still nice for the show to get nominated for something especially after Nick's season. Nick has some lucky charm this time around.  Smiley

(I bet Kaitlyn wishes this happened after her season aired  giggling )
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm not sure what Kaitlyn has to do with this
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 pm

I think it would have been nominated regardless of who the lead was. After all, The Bachelor as a whole was nominated and not just season 21. And I very much doubt it wins.

JMOAA

Nickviall - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 87b72b10 Nickviall - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 86669110 Nickviall - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:42 pm

I watch award shows but have no idea from one year to the next who won what. Looking back at 2016 MTV awards, there have been some big names and big movies.

http://www.mtv.com/movie-awards/2016/winners

Looking at this year, again, huge names and movies.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/mtv-awards-get-out-actor-actress-categories-adam-devine-1202063471/

BEST REALITY COMPETITION
America’s Got Talent (NBC)
MasterChef Junior (FOX)
RuPaul’s Drag Race (VH1/Logo)
The Bachelor (ABC)
The Voice (NBC)

TB has never been nominated, so IMO that's a pretty good thing for them along with The Voice and AGT. Why would it be nominated this year and not once in the previous 20 seasons?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

+82
KB_Mom
Lennoxcolinrolland
jen689
Kristina V
Jane781