SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Page 50 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 50 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by MonicaJM2001 Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:38 pm

From my perspective I've never really interpreted it as the previous leads job to promote the next season. In my mind, why would they? Both Nick and Vanessa when asked have been pretty positive and supportive towards this season. I wouldn't expect them to throw a "watch party" or anything but that goes for all previous leads as well. Just throwing guesses out but maybe for Nick, he agreed to toot the Rachel horn loudy in his interviews throughout his season airing as his part in setting her up for the next lead and then being able to just focus on real life with Vanessa post airing.

also: what @GuardianAngel said.

Last edited by MonicaJM2001 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2 - Page 50 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:43 pm

@GuardianAngel Nicely stated! IMO yes

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:01 am

At some point you just have to move on from this franchise. There is life after the bachelor. And it can be really normal and really good. Look at Trista, Des, Ashley, Jason it goes on and on. The show brought them love. And now they're living life. Nick knows it's time to move on, he's got the girl, and she's undoubtedly making it easy to do so. Very glad Nick has passed the torch so willingly, I wish others would. Some won't even let it be pried out of their hand.
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by tealeafs Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:38 am

GuardianAngel wrote:IMO The best middle finger was on DWTS when he said he hated roses, and Erin asked if he's allowed to say that, and he said he didn't care. Actually, the ear buds vid is a pretty good second when asked about this season.

I liked Nick coming off of BIP, I just think it's a bad look to be so sour about a franchise that took you back so many times (let him do DWTS as well) and gave you a season you technically were not supposed to have? Like, I would understand him being upset after Andi or Kaitlyn's season, but he just went around doing podcasts and interviews being a mouthpiece for the franchise, saying there was no editing, etc...and now he's salty about something? It just seems weird. Like if he was so put off by Corrine, he didn't need to grab her butt while she was grinding on him in the bouncy house. Or if he didn't like that they made it seem like Raven and him had sex...he's familiar with the franchise, he knew what he was signing up for. Unfortunately, along with fame and finding love, the show brings sneaky editing and notoriety. If he's so intelligent and witty, as this forum always claims, he should understand that.
tealeafs
tealeafs

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 am

I don't think he's sour at all, he's grateful for the opportunities the show has given him. Imo he's just done. He has no interest in handing out roses any more, or being the bachelor. He's simply moving on, IMO. And tbh, I don't get why he shouldn't be.

Imo, he can also be a bit miffed at how Corinne decided to trash him and Vanessa's relationship and trash Vanessa for texting Corinne, just to promote her clothing line. He can be pissed at the women of his season, who decided to mock his father on sm. He doesn't need to take that bs, IMO, it has nothing to do with him being salty, it has to do with the lack of respect these women show him. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 am

tealeafs wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:IMO The best middle finger was on DWTS when he said he hated roses, and Erin asked if he's allowed to say that, and he said he didn't care. Actually, the ear buds vid is a pretty good second when asked about this season.

I liked Nick coming off of BIP, I just think it's a bad look to be so sour about a franchise that took you back so many times (let him do DWTS as well) and gave you a season you technically were not supposed to have? Like, I would understand him being upset after Andi or Kaitlyn's season, but he just went around doing podcasts and interviews being a mouthpiece for the franchise, saying there was no editing, etc...and now he's salty about something? It just seems weird. Like if he was so put off by Corrine, he didn't need to grab her butt while she was grinding on him in the bouncy house. Or if he didn't like that they made it seem like Raven and him had sex...he's familiar with the franchise, he knew what he was signing up for. Unfortunately, along with fame and finding love, the show brings sneaky editing and notoriety. If he's so intelligent and witty, as this forum always claims, he should understand that.
I must have missed something because I haven't seen sour. I've seen boredom with media asking the same questions. Nick likes a good interview and he's more than willing to engage if the content is worthy. I haven't seen a Bach or Ette say they would do it again immediately coming off their journey. I agree with his reaction to Erin, it's time to talk about and focus on another subject if you can't find new material to rehash. As far as promoting the Ette season/journey, that's usually done by the previous Ette (IMO) just as I expect Nick to show up on the next season of TB to give his advice on the new bachelor's journey. This is Nick and Vanessa's time to just enjoy one another. They wished Rachel well. She has the squad to be her cheerleaders the entire season. Although Nick hasn't reacted to the negativity that has been thrown his and V's way by the squad, he's aware of it(IMO) and he's chosen to move past it without acknowledging such behavior. He has a new love in his life and she's his focus as it should be. The rest is pretty much history in his eyes, IMO.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:35 am

I think he is handling it in the best way possible. Noncommittal. Moving on. Staying out of the fray.
Is he grateful for the franchise? I would suspect he is in many ways. Vanessa being the main.
That doesn't mean he has to be an indentured servant to it, however. IMO.
Get away while you can. Stay away. These people are not your friends.
JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:13 pm

I must have missed something because I haven't seen sour.

You and I both missed it. Because all I've seen is Nick was very effusive of Rachel during his season and after she was announced as the next lead. Since the season has started, the few times he's been asked about it, both he and Vanessa say they wish her luck and are happy for her since she's already announced she's engaged.

And then they've just been living their life - Nick with his new company and Vanessa with her charity. IMO, I think way too much was made about the roses comment on the DWTS finale. Nick has always been snarky and I just took it as a snarky, "yeah so over the "will you accept this rose" jokes". I didn't take it to mean he's sour or bitter or hates the show or anything like that.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Yeah, I never got the impression Nick was sour / salty when it came to the franchise. He's over it in as much as someone who's done with the season is expected to be over it. See, if he stuck around and promo'd for Rachel and did watch parties, there would still be people calling him out for "not going away". He's remained professional throughout by congratulating Rachel, saying she'll be a great lead, etc. When interviewers ask him about it, he gives an answer; but he's not obligated to respond to paparazzi because tabloids will most likely twist his words anyway to create a clickbait headline. Besides, choosing not to watch and live-tweet the show featuring an "ex" so prominently is not equivalent to being ungrateful for your own show and what you got out of it. That is quite a reach, IMO.

As far as why the Danielle L pic was taken down, IDK, ask Nick. But for some reason, people ran with the story that it was taken down because Vanessa was jealous. That's pure speculation. It makes zero sense to me as evidenced by all the other one-on-one date pics Nick posted, including the ones with frontrunners like Rachel (who Vanessa had the most beef with, apparently) and Raven, as well as the reports that she got along so well with Peta.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:56 pm

I honestly like that they have distanced themselves. TPTB never did Nick any favors.

I think it's better for Nick and Vanessa to move on. Be appreciative but don't harp on the Bachelor every day.

Besides if he was doing the opposite (i.e Ben Higgins) he would be attention seeking and told to move on.

All JMO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:32 pm

Nick can't win IMO. No matter what he does, he just can't win. If he doesn't talk about the show, he's sour. If he talks about the show, he needs to move on from it already. I feel like he's doing exactly what he should be doing right now. He's grateful, mentioning it only when asked, and happily moving on from the whole thing. Isn't that what he's supposed to do? Find the one and then move on?

I'd find it weird if all he did was talk about Rachel and this season. It would be creepy and I'd think he would need to get a life. Lol

He and V are too busy to bother themselves with the drama, hopefully, of this franchise and all that's going on right now. I'm sure they know everything going on and are intrigued and have talked to their friends that were on the island but I'm glad they have kept quiet and mature!
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Totally agree @Julie81. Selfishly, I wish we saw more of them. But I think they're doing what's best for them and their relationship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 65 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #2

+82
KB_Mom
Lennoxcolinrolland
jen689
Kristina V
Jane781