SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Longhornfan Wed May 17, 2017 1:16 pm

As soon as I saw the judges give Simone her first perfect 10's, I thought right then that she would be the one going home.  So, I was a little bit surprised, but not a lot.  IMO the thing that Simone lacked is being able to connect with the general audience - past the fact that she was adored as a gymnast.  

IMO Simone was being asked to do things in her performances that were foreign to her, like acting sexy and trying to pretend to be "in love" when the choreography called for it.  I don't think that Sasha did as good a job - when picking age-appropriate dances for Simone - as Val did with Laurie.  It was apparent that Simone was uncomfortable with Sasha, which was shown in a conversation she had with Normani during one of their rehearsals.

But, having said that, I just couldn't connect with Simone, like I have with David and Rashad, and even Normani.  I think that it probably has a lot to do with their personalities, and Simone IMO is her own worst critic.  She is an admitted perfectionist, and that could have made her come across as standoffish and aloof.  Everyone is different in how they handle what life throws at them, so I just think that Simone couldn't get out of her own head most of the time.

But I was actually happy to see David make it into the semifinals, because for me he and Rashad are what the competition should really be about.  They are both non-dancers who have entertained me and have made this season worth watching.  I don't expect David to advance past 3rd place, and I will be surprised if Rashad can beat out Normani for the mirror ball trophy.  Both of them have a good shot at winning though.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by ReneeM Wed May 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Longhornfan wrote: -snipped-
IMO Simone was being asked to do things in her performances that were foreign to her, like acting sexy and trying to pretend to be "in love" when the choreography called for it.  I don't think that Sasha did as good a job - when picking age-appropriate dances for Simone - as Val did with Laurie.  It was apparent that Simone was uncomfortable with Sasha, which was shown in a conversation she had with Normani during one of their rehearsals.

This is why I blamed Sasha. Simone might technically be an adult, but she thinks/acts like a kid, so he should have recognized that IMO and adjusted. I remember Val was known for being very sexual with his choreography, then he got 16 year old zendaya and had to adjust, I think Sasha should've done that instead of constantly trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Simone and Sasha didn't connect as partners so it was hard for her to connect with the audience. JMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed May 17, 2017 6:17 pm

^^ Agree. I liked that Simone was on the show but I just wanted more from her dances and Sasha could have done better. He should have looked over video of Mark's dances w/ Shawn Johnson & Aly Raisman whose dances were age-appropriate & were some of my favorite dances! jmo.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 8367-910 DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 I_got_13 DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon May 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Normani's body is unreal.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon May 22, 2017 9:21 pm

Lets coddle David and nitpick Normani laugh out loud These judges are not low

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by cookielover12 Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Rooting for Rashad!
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Oh Rashad, you were awesome.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Mon May 22, 2017 9:26 pm

After that package I really want Rashad to win!

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Rashad and Emma were excellent doing the Viennese Waltz.  Wow!

Just cast all my votes for them.

Last edited by gurlbrit on Mon May 22, 2017 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Mon May 22, 2017 9:28 pm

I can't wait to see his freestyle.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Mon May 22, 2017 9:29 pm

ReneeM wrote:Lets coddle David and nitpick Normani laugh out loud These judges are not low

I kind of get it. Normani is a pro already prior to coming on the show. David and Rashad were not. I wish they kept the fingers off the show. Go Rashad! Love David but he is no where as good of dancer.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon May 22, 2017 9:30 pm

I was just arguing with someone before the show that tried to say David's the most improved this season and Rashad came out and proved my point. You don't have to start out badly and end up ok to be improved. Rashad started off ok and now he's excellent. That dance was one of my faves from the season

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+42
Cila51290
stuckinsc
mtnlvr55
mizzoufan
pikake