SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

Page 17 of 66 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8 - Page 17 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

Post by hannah.e. Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 pm

^ I will agree that that scene on HEA was one of the more 'real' scenes on the show. I do have a hard time believing that he didn't address it at an earlier time though. That's something we don't know because they've never talked publicly about it. However they seemed really good while filming the show. All appeared well on SC when they filmed in LA that weekend. It wasn't until the airing of the show..not as good.

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8 - Page 17 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

Post by sweeti810 Sat May 13, 2017 3:55 pm

I don't see how she was publicly humiliated by him. The show was a while ago, but I think Ben just said he wasn't ready and wanted to slow down. IMO, maybe he was hesitant after getting to know the real Lauren more, and chose to say he wasn't ready instead of putting the blame on her.

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat May 13, 2017 4:01 pm

I mean it's a matter of opinion, but I think pulling the rug out from under your fiancé on television, is humiliating. It seemed to me that Lauren was ready to get married, thought her and Ben were on the same page, making wedding plans, and he changed his mind and wanted to slow down. Ok that's within his right, but instead of a private conversation where they could hash it out in private, he did it last minute on HEA. IMO that's humiliating.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sat May 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Ben will never marry Lauren, IMO. When you know, you just know. He reminds me of Tom Hanks in the movie Big. A child inside a grown up's body.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Sat May 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Lauren knew they were being filmed and it would be on TV, so if it really upset her I think they would cut it. Yes, TPTB love drama, but IMO they love success stories more. IMO, if they knew it would hurt BenLo's relationship, they wouldn't have shown it.

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah.e. Sat May 13, 2017 4:14 pm

^ Ben's said in interviews, recent ones, that he still wants to marry Lauren. He didn't say didn't want to marry her ever - just not at that time because "they still had a lot of things to figure out and didn't want to jump into something they both weren't ready for." I think that's close to what he said. It was up to Lauren if she wanted to wait for him. And it's Lauren, who's been checked out since the beginning of this year IMO.

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheokaf Sat May 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Let's not forget he put himself on the ballot to run for public office in Denver, then what, 3 weeks later pulled himself out. It shows his indecisiveness IMO, not well thought out and pretty embarrassing if you ask me. Then he does HEA. I'd say he put up some red flags, not the least of which was deciding to tell two women you loved them, repeatedly, on national television. Maybe Lauren dodged a bullet. Just saying - as a whole, the last year was pretty messy. IMO

“I apologize for nothing. I’m sorry for being awesome.” Ryan, Bachelorette Season 11
Sheokaf
Sheokaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat May 13, 2017 4:19 pm

IMO, TPTB don't care about the couples being any more a success than a failure.  And while B/L were entering new territory for them and helping them branch out into more shows, they were still puppets on a string.  TPTB show what they want no matter who it benefits or hurts, if it's fits their needs or wants, IMO. TPTB are not any of these peoples friends and will do whatever necessary to get the desired effects, storyboard and ratings.  JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah.e. Sat May 13, 2017 4:20 pm

When it comes to the double ILY, I think Lauren tried to understand that, and IMO they did move past it. A LOT of leads end up having very strong feelings for more than 1 person. He wasn't a regular viewer of the show, so wasn't aware of the unwritten ILY rule. Even Jojo said she was more understanding of what Ben had to go through after her season.

Also, his political thing he wasn't able to do. Apparently Disney lawyers shut it down because hello...Disney and politics don't really go together. They would have taken away the show or maybe some of his Bach money

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Post by sweeti810 Sat May 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Sheokaf wrote:Let's not forget he put himself on the ballot to run for public office in Denver, then what, 3 weeks later pulled himself out. It shows his indecisiveness IMO, not well thought out and pretty embarrassing if you ask me. Then he does HEA. I'd say he put up some red flags, not the least of which was deciding to tell two women you loved them, repeatedly, on national television. Maybe Lauren dodged a bullet. Just saying - as a whole, the last year was pretty messy. IMO

According to this article, he couldn't do both. He could have ran and not done HEA. IMO, another example of him putting his relationship first. http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/25/disney-abc-forces-ben-higgins-drop-colorado-house-race/

sweeti810

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat May 13, 2017 4:31 pm

sweeti810 wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:
hannah.e. wrote:Here's a scenario.. If Ben were the one who jetted off to vegas and was getting drunk, dancing next to models, would people be saying yeah good for Ben..or would they be like this guys a f***boy?

Imo Actually they would. He gets away with everything. Him pushing Lauren to do HEA, and then pulling out of the wedding on that very show got most fans to hate on Lauren more.

Most of us here are thinking, that they've broken up, but Lauren still has to tip toe around Ben's feelings, just to not disrespect him. Jmo

Where did you read that he pushed her to do HEA? Everything I've read says it was a mutual decision. Ben turned down DWTS for her, so IMO I doubt he forced her into HEA.

Also, IMO pulling out/putting off the wedding probably didn't affect Lauren that much considering she said this about why she did The Bachelor... "It was somewhat of a joke at first. Dating in LA was not going that well. I went into the casting office without making a video package thinking if anything it would be a good interview experience. Once cast, I obviously wanted to meet Ben but still didn’t think too much of it. I think I agreed to go on the show thinking it would help me broaden my horizons and force me to put myself out there a little more, which I was not great at doing." Source: http://sarahscoop.com/the-scoop-on-lauren-bushnell/

IMO, she wasn't ready for marriage then and still isn't now. Maybe Ben figured that out and that's why he became hesitant. I don't blame him.

I can't disagree more with this post. First, we don't know why Ben didn't do DWTS. There are reports (via Kaitlyn) he could do DWTS or HEA, and chose the latter. There are the thoughts he couldn't do Dancing cause of his knee. Heck, we don't know that he as ever even offered and we sure don't know that he turned it down for Lauren.

Secondly, in multiple articles about HEA, both Lauren and Ben stated Ben was more on board and more excited about the idea. Lauren clearly wasn't opposed, but per them she needed more talking into it than Ben did. So this is where the opinion comes from that Ben "forced her into it." I absolutely don't think he forced her, but I believe them when they said he was always more on board than her.

100% Lauren was devastated at the cancelled wedding. You could see that plane as day all over her face, right there in prime time television. Most contestants go into The Bachelor with the same attitude Lauren did. That doesn't negate the fact she fell hard, forgave for dual IlY, had big hopes and dreams, uprooted her life, accommodated this man, picked a date and started planning, only for him to rip it away. She was devasted, imo. I mean, I say imo, but having followed her/them closely, I think it was obvious she was devastated. As anyone would be.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheokaf Sat May 13, 2017 4:33 pm

I agree. My point was He needs to think things through to their logical end before leading with his mouth. He should have inquired, knowing he was under contract, if it was something he could do before nominating himself for public office. TBP threw him a bone with HEA and instead of maybe thinking it through, knowing TBP could easily make them look stupid, he went ahead and talked Lauren into it. All my opinion.

“I apologize for nothing. I’m sorry for being awesome.” Ryan, Bachelorette Season 11
Sheokaf
Sheokaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 66 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 41 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

+67
ukglasgowkiiss
beader
maya213
Stacia620
Lennoxcolinrolland