SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

Page 63 of 66 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8 - Page 63 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

Post by sosleepy Sun May 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Kashathediva wrote:LOL At the rate Ben's going he could replace CH when he decides to retire.

That's Sean's gig. Showdown!!

Ummm... yeah. As someone who followed  him closely, Ben loooooooves to be interviewed, loves the attention, is a total fameho like the rest of them. He went back to his 9-5... and? He'll talk to literally anyone with a camera. He lives off that crap. If they ever were to offer him Bach 2.0, I think he would take it.

ETA: And unpopular opinion, I wouldn't hate if he got the gig again either. I liked him in the role. It would be interesting to see what type he'd go after next and if a little age and brevity helps his decision making. And the post show drama! Who is moving into Ben's little house and taking over Lauren's makeup room? laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8 - Page 63 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

Post by Boshem Sun May 21, 2017 4:24 pm

FWIW, back when Ben appeared on GMA to give nick advice with Andrew Firestone & Jason Mesnick, they were doing a periscope before and the interviewer said something along the lines of 'what's the biggest adjustment post show' and Ben said something like it's been hard not having all the attention on him and cameras etc so no I think Ben loves the spotlight too.. Jmo

Boshem

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sun May 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Boshem wrote:FWIW, back when Ben appeared on GMA to give nick advice with Andrew Firestone & Jason Mesnick, they were doing a periscope before and the interviewer said something along the lines of 'what's the biggest adjustment post show' and Ben said something like it's been hard not having all the attention on him and cameras etc so no I think Ben loves the spotlight too..  Jmo

bingo! It's why I think he's so gonna accept being the Bachelor again. He loves women fawning over him. He's probably not good with talking to women and meeting them in real life. This gig is his dream! "This time I'm ready because I've done this before". His podcast is another way to keep him in the limelight.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Sun May 21, 2017 5:51 pm

^^^ Yes ITA - kept thinking he was loving his 'status' as the bachelor that he cdnt give it up ... ever.
I just hope against hope the tptb don't think he should do another one. Nooo. He was soooo boring.
Arie wd be great although I think that ship sailed. So hoping a couple of good candidates appear on Rachel's season.

#TeamLove rose bud  peace  

'[b]For the open window for a bare forehead              
I said it to you for your thoughts for your words
Every caress every trust survives
.'   (Paul Elouard)1
ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by North Sun May 21, 2017 6:05 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:LOL At the rate Ben's going he could replace CH when he decides to retire.

That's Sean's gig. Showdown!!

I could see Ben as a host of some sort or a politician. He is great in front of people (cameras or no cameras), gives good interviews, connects with individuals (he comes across very sincere and well-intended) and can turn "it" on and off. Give Ben a few talking points, put him in front of the masses, and he's got "career politician" written all over him.

Speaking of hosting gigs, I wonder if Harrison is going to host the new winter Bachelor in Paradise? Would TPTB ever open that up to another member of the franchise family? Could be a way to float a Ben 2.0 season without him going on BIP -- 'cause I really don't see him on BIP.

While Sean may want CH's job, I don't think he has the charisma to pull it off long term. Maybe an episode or so. That could also be my personal bias, I don't get Sean's "awe-shucks, folksy" persona and really don't get his sense of humor at all. All in my opinion.

Last edited by North on Sun May 21, 2017 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

North

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Sun May 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Yeah Sean was very boring in the BIP Aftershows that he hosted. It was like watching paint dry. I didn't think that he'd be more boring than Ben, but apparently so - at least when it comes to hosting. I think CH might host the gig again, if I am not mistaken - or at least they do not have anyone else in the horizon to host. To me, if you are starting a new show that could either be a success or fail, you'd want to have a familiar face (at least in the earlies) that audiences connect with - to draw in the crowd, IMO. I think I also read a tweet conversation between Mills and CH and CH was dusting off his boots or whatever it was to gear up for the new show. All JMO.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sun May 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Ben would be a terrible host, IMO! He doesn't get bantering at all on his own and he doesn't connect on camera unless you don't answer him when he asked you if he gave the right answer!

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Sun May 21, 2017 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sun May 21, 2017 6:48 pm

I don't think Ben would be quick witted enough. I think CH is a horrible host too, though. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah.e. Sun May 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Boshem wrote:FWIW, back when Ben appeared on GMA to give nick advice with Andrew Firestone & Jason Mesnick, they were doing a periscope before and the interviewer said something along the lines of 'what's the biggest adjustment post show' and Ben said something like it's been hard not having all the attention on him and cameras etc so no I think Ben loves the spotlight too..  Jmo

IMO, completely, completely taken out of context. For over 2 months for the Bachelor he was surrounded with producers, handlers, and cameras for his entire day. While dating 20 something women. Then he gets engaged to Lauren and all of a sudden they're allowed to be alone. Us here probably can't relate or understand that situation because we haven't done that. I can see how it would almost feel weird to be back to normal again. I'm sure he was glad to just have Lauren and be alone. IMO, that's definitely what he meant.

Last edited by hannah.e. on Sun May 21, 2017 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

hannah.e.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun May 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Ha, I remember that interview. He would not shut up. laugh out loud I don't know if he was overcompensating because things weren't great with Lauren, but he basically took over the whole thing.

I've never bought that Ben wants to get back to his old life either. Sure, he's still working, or should I say again, but I don't think that rules out him having other aspirations. He's too much of an overthinking sensible goody two-shoes to just float around like some of the others, IMO he needs that security of a regular job. I think he does love the attention though. He always seems to light up when there's a camera around and will give a 30 min interview on the spot if someone just asks. He loves to talk about himself, but it's rehearsed politically correct BS (IMO) and you never quite know what's genuine and what isn't. I suspect that much like his fellow software salesman, his life was pretty mundane before the show and now that he's got a taste of that adrenaline rush all the cameras and production crews etc. give him, it's hard to let go. JMOAA.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sun May 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Honestly, and I swear. Ben's true calling really is politics. Like for real. I think he's basically made to be a career politician.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 pm

sosleepy wrote:Honestly, and I swear. Ben's true calling really is politics. Like for real. I think he's basically made to be a career politician.

I will believe Ben wants to be in politics when he moves back to Indiana. He would have gotten killed in that Denver state senate race.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 66 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #8

+67
ukglasgowkiiss
beader
maya213
Stacia620
Lennoxcolinrolland