SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 76 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:35 am

Ben dancing at iHeart concert is nothing new imo. He was like that at Jade and Tanner's wedding and other events even before he was the bachelor. Again, nothing new and not a "new" Ben at all imo.

Ben seems like someone who is very easily influenced by his surroundings and will become whatever his environment is imo...which are all things that show me immaturity and someone who doesn't have a strong sense of self. 

Bottom line for me: I don't think Ben knows who he is or what he wants.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 76 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Ben dancing at iHeart concert is nothing new imo. He was like that at Jade and Tanner's wedding and other events even before he was the bachelor. Again, nothing new and not a "new" Ben at all imo.

Ben seems like someone who is very easily influenced by his surroundings and will become whatever his environment is imo...which are all things that show me immaturity and someone who doesn't have a strong sense of self. 

Bottom line for me: I don't think Ben knows who he is or what he wants.
This is how I see him, too.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 pm

While I'm not always on the Ben train, I don't necessarily disagree with him on this one. A lot of people that I have talked to don't know or don't remember Arie. Not everyone follows the show as closely as members here. His season was eons ago in reality show years. Plenty of fans who watched then, may not be watching now and plenty of those that watch now, may not have watched then. The cast members who are all over SM now, tend to be ones from the last few season and how many of those actually watched the show before going on? I doubt that many did or if they did, were really serious fans. They hang out together. Arie has not really been involved with the franchise for years, so they likely would not have heard of him. IMO it makes sense that they would support one of their own for the lead over him.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Murakamee Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Sprite wrote:While I'm not always on the Ben train, I don't necessarily disagree with him on this one. A lot of people that I have talked to don't know or don't remember Arie. Not everyone follows the show as closely as members here. His season was eons ago in reality show years. Plenty of fans who watched then, may not be watching now and plenty of those that watch now, may not have watched then. The cast members who are all over SM now, tend to be ones from the last few season and how many of those actually watched the show before going on? I doubt that many did or if they did, were really serious fans. They hang out together. Arie has not really been involved with the franchise for years, so they likely would not have heard of him. IMO it makes sense that they would support one of their own for the lead over him.

Yes, and then there are people that come and go with the seasons (like myself). I haven't seen majority of the latter season post Jake P. So, of course I'm not as familiar with Arie. It wasn't until I started reading this forum that I learned some things about him. It's not a swipe against him. If you're not familiar, you're not familiar. I'm willing to give him a chance though.

A chance. laugh out loud

Also I think that interview of the three of them can be viewed in another way too. He slipped in a few digs at Dean and Peter as well - about commitment and being willing to get down on one knee. Again, he was very diplomatic in his comments. But they were there. Which IMO is braver than Ben usually is when he's talking about people in present company. I dunno.

At least that's my perspective on things.
Murakamee
Murakamee

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:47 pm

I like that a lot of peeps don't remember or know Arie, it's almost just like the early years when viewers didn't know anything the leads. I am just hoping for a season where they focus on the love story and not the unnecessary drama...

Last edited by mysthelma on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 76 1f49b  Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 76 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:32 pm

I am Arie's age and remember the Emily season being the 1st as the big social media sleuthing season. I joined then. I have been part of SM for years prior, as my generation invented it. Jef and Em were guinea pigs for future seasons, giving clues before instagramming ads was a lucrative income. I miss that. Being Ben's thread though, I find him way hotter halfway drunk with scruff and dancing (j/t wedding and concert) than buttoned up robot ben that spieled rehearsed lines. I think he has a good heart. If only TPTB allowed their leads to have layers. A person is much more attractive showing multiple sides. Bach Ben to me is Peter Brady. Uninhibited Ben is, may I dare say it, appealing. IMO.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Ben may not know who Arie is, but if he's going to do a podcast and talk about Bach stuff, he should at least do the bare minimum and do a tad bit of research on the next bachelor and maybe actually educate his listeners who may not be aware of Arie. That said, it's probably too much work for ol Ben to do a bit of research for his podcast imo and probably easier to just talk about someone who is more recently recycled and part of the Bach "podcast" crowd but it's why I'm glad TPTB went that far back for a new lead. Ben 2.0 can take a seat.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Ben may not know who Arie is, but if he's going to do a podcast and talk about Bach stuff, he should at least do the bare minimum and do a tad bit of research on the next bachelor and maybe actually educate his listeners who may not be aware of Arie. That said, it's probably too much work for ol Ben to do a bit of research for his podcast imo and probably easier to just talk about someone who is more recently recycled and part of the Bach "podcast" crowd but it's why I'm glad TPTB went that far back for a new lead. Ben 2.0 can take a seat.

jmo

I would think Ben would want to know who Arie was if only to sound more polished when he was "on" for things like interviews etc. JMO  It was 5 yrs ago, not 50. Not too much research is involved to brush up on TB history. hehehe

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 pm

@Kashathediva IA. Google has been around before Arie was on and last I checked Google still works for research - it takes seconds to find out some basic info. Not to mention it was only ~3 years before Ben was on K's season. But I guess to podcasting Ben that must feel like 100s of years ago and a guy like Arie must seem archaic laugh out loud

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:14 am

To think or even read that Ben refers to Arie as "WHO" more or less makes me laugh out loud. Somebody needs to tell Ben to pull up a chair and grab a front row seat so he can write down some pointers. I'm not sure there are many candidates who can show Ben what the definition of the word sexy looks like more clearly than Arie. JMO

The contrast between Arie and Ben as contestants on their respective seasons is huge. I can only imagine the difference that will come across between their TB journeys.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:09 am

mysthelma wrote:I like that a lot of peeps don't remember or know Arie, it's almost just like the early years when viewers didn't know anything the leads. I am just hoping for a season where they focus on the love story and not the unnecessary drama...

Dream on....

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:51 pm

My ship is coming #staylowandbuild laugh out loud 

Ben Higgins -  Bachelor 20 - Discussion  - Page 76 Screen69
source

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Bachelor 20 - Discussion

+80
Babescake
Chgohighlife
LoveDovez
mysthelma
Murakamee