SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 72 of 78 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:14 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
sophienette wrote:
bluwavz wrote:As much as I like Peter and think he's a nice guy, I really think he'd do better in the Bachelor environment where the women are pursuing him. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's probably just a more reserved guy and that's okay because I'm the same way but I think that doesn't work well in the Bachelorette environment where you're 1 of 31 guys. If he's interested then he really needs to pursue Rachel here and show it and I just haven't seen that yet. This episode made me lean towards Bryan being the F1 and if that's the case then I can see why it ended up that way so far. JMO.

I kinda hope you're right and Peter is in line for next lead Smiley

@sophienette. Welcome to the spoiled side!

I am not excited by the idea of Peter as next lead.  I'd rather have Alex or Will.  Those 2 are fun to watch. For me, Peter os like watching paint dry. Yawn. IMO.

I T A. cantstopl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by MiaHawk Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:15 pm

stuckinsc wrote:We also saw Bryan having calm conversation with Eric over his concerns whereas Eric went off the deep end with the rest of the guys. Just because Bryan likes to flirt doesn't mean he can't have a heart of gold.

My daddy was a flirt his whole life. Picked my mom up with the line hey beautiful lady, then when she spouted I have four kids and no child support followed up with great I love kids let's take them for ice cream. He flirted his whole life, and had an incredibly generous heart. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive of each other. JMO.

@stuckinsc yes I totally agree. I feel that people are always multi-dimensional. The show edits people to be one dimensional, but just because the editors don't highlight a certain quality of a contestant does not mean that he doesn't have that quality. And, like you, I don't believe that men that are naturally touchy-feely, or flirty, or passionate, or spontaneous, or who tell corny jokes are necessarily bad, untrustworthy, or unloyal. Everyone has their own unique personality. I am enjoying TV Bryan. I haven't watched one single things on this show that has given me any red flags ab out the guy. He is being edited as the kissing bandit, but if he makes it far along in the process (F1-F4), there is no way that he and Rachel have not been having substantial conversations along the way. IMO, Rachel is too mature and serious about the goal of finding her appropriate and right life partner than to not have had those conversations. So, IMO, the disappointment should be with the editors, and not with the guy who is being edited. JMHO.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:24 pm

LoveDovez wrote:
reason wrote:@umngirl I think he did not want to tell about his time with her nor what he thinks sexually.  I would pass answering if it was  me so I have no problem with that. IMHO

@Reason, I've thought about this a few times during the night and the only thing that keeps coming to my mind is when Peter told Rachel that his dad would be watching and he was Peter's biggest fan. Could he have answered that question the way he did while trying to respect his dad ( parents) ?

I wonder what dear old dad thought about the sexting? SMH. As a parent myself, I'd rather hear that my adult son has age-appropriate romantic/sexual thoughts about a woman that he has paused his career for and gone onto a reality tv show to date, than to hear that he has pulled an (insert name of recently disgraced NY politician) and broke the law by texting nudies to some chick that ended up not being his soulmate. But, yeah, that may just be me. JMHO.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchycheeto Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:26 pm

I think Peter would make a genuine lead, and I think a lot of women would totally swoon for him. While I liked his honest conversation with Rachel about seeking therapy after a failed relationship, I don't think he's been that captivating/interesting/amusing in his ITMs. He comes across a little too serious, and I think that would make him kind of a dull lead if I'm being completely honest.

But it is early! He might say something witty and eloquent in the next few episodes to make me change my mind. Hell, he might even be F1 so it wouldn't really matter what he'd be like as The Bachelor.
crunchycheeto
crunchycheeto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:28 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:We also saw Bryan having calm conversation with Eric over his concerns whereas Eric went off the deep end with the rest of the guys. Just because Bryan likes to flirt doesn't mean he can't have a heart of gold.

My daddy was a flirt his whole life. Picked my mom up with the line hey beautiful lady, then when she spouted I have four kids and no child support followed up with great I love kids let's take them for ice cream. He flirted his whole life, and had an incredibly generous heart. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive of each other. JMO.

@stuckinsc  yes   I totally agree. I feel that people are always multi-dimensional. The show edits people to be one dimensional, but just because the editors don't highlight a certain quality of a contestant does not mean that he doesn't have that quality. And, like you, I don't believe that men that are naturally touchy-feely, or flirty, or passionate, or spontaneous, or who tell corny jokes are necessarily bad, untrustworthy, or unloyal. Everyone has their own unique personality. I am enjoying TV Bryan. I haven't watched one single things on this show that has given me any red flags ab out the guy. He is being edited as the kissing bandit, but if he makes it far along in the process (F1-F4), there is no way that he and Rachel have not been having substantial conversations along the way. IMO, Rachel is too mature and serious about the goal of finding her appropriate and right life partner than to not have had those conversations.  So, IMO, the disappointment should be with the editors, and not with the guy who is  being edited.  JMHO.

I agree about not necessarily believing the edit since people have way more depth to them then ever revealed on this show, however, it wasn't editing that grabbed the microphone out of Ellen's hands to quickly state that he has kissed Rachel and then again, after the other guy said he kissed her too, to say sloppy seconds. It also wasn't editing that made him almost eat her face before she had a chance to catch her breath. (Yes, the first night might have edited it to seem it happened almost immediately, but the second RC, he himself said it, before we do anything I have to do this....Smack, smack, smack.) It's not like she's his girlfriend who he hasn't seen in ages, it's a woman, who he met one time. Way too OTT for me. Rachel may have liked it and naturally, it's her opinion that counts, but that is the stuff that gives me pause and give him Suspect Doesn't make him horrible or a bad guy and he seems to have some good qualities as well, but those are things that have nothing to do with edit. It's his personality...which to me screams...smooth, player. I hope that is not all we see of him, but as of now, that is my predominant impression...based on his own actions and not editing.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:05 pm

Sprite wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:

@stuckinsc  yes   I totally agree. I feel that people are always multi-dimensional. The show edits people to be one dimensional, but just because the editors don't highlight a certain quality of a contestant does not mean that he doesn't have that quality. And, like you, I don't believe that men that are naturally touchy-feely, or flirty, or passionate, or spontaneous, or who tell corny jokes are necessarily bad, untrustworthy, or unloyal. Everyone has their own unique personality. I am enjoying TV Bryan. I haven't watched one single things on this show that has given me any red flags ab out the guy. He is being edited as the kissing bandit, but if he makes it far along in the process (F1-F4), there is no way that he and Rachel have not been having substantial conversations along the way. IMO, Rachel is too mature and serious about the goal of finding her appropriate and right life partner than to not have had those conversations.  So, IMO, the disappointment should be with the editors, and not with the guy who is  being edited.  JMHO.

I agree about not necessarily believing the edit since people have way more depth to them then ever revealed on this show, however, it wasn't editing that grabbed the microphone out of Ellen's hands to quickly state that he has kissed Rachel and then again, after the other guy said he kissed her too, to say sloppy seconds. It also wasn't editing that made him almost eat her face before she had a chance to catch her breath. (Yes, the first night might have edited it to seem it happened almost immediately, but the second RC, he himself said it, before we do anything I have to do this....Smack, smack, smack.) It's not like she's his girlfriend who he hasn't seen in ages, it's a woman, who he met one time. Way too OTT for me. Rachel may have liked it and naturally, it's her opinion that counts, but that is the stuff that gives me pause and give him Suspect Doesn't make him horrible or a bad guy and he seems to have some good qualities as well, but those are things that have nothing to do with edit. It's his personality...which to me screams...smooth, player. I hope that is not all we see of him, but as of now, that is my predominant impression...based on his own actions and not editing.

I respect your opinion. I can understand it, but I don't share it.  

To me, Bryan's personality is what it is. He is a verbal guy (typically repeats R's words or gives feedback when R is speaking), witty in a corny-yet-flirty way ("I'm good with my hands"; "I'm Columbian-you're in trouble"), very tactile (in his career and in his romancing), is easily in touch with how he feels and isn't afraid to express it ("I'm physically attracted to R"; "I didn't get a date and I've missed you"), is assertive (goes in for the first kiss when the timing was right, with Fireball onboard grabbed the mic from Ellen's hand twice, laugh out loud), likes kidding around with the other guys (the sloppy seconds ribbing he gave to Will), can also calmly and empathetically speak to guys who may be struggling (Eric), and even though he is verbal he knows when to keep his mouth shut (during Lee/Eric drama).  

With the lead often questioning if the guy is there for her or for fame, I think it could be comforting for her to see/hear/feel that a guy is into her. With the lead trying to process so much information about all of these guys and filter out the ones (just like she said on her Ellen evening portion) that she may not feel she has any romantic feelings for, I would think that a spontaneous guy-initiated kiss would provide quite a bit of information-(Was she pleasantly surprised by his assertiveness or did it seem intrusive/not welcome? Did she enjoy the kiss (physically)? What type of a reaction (emotional/sensual) did it cause? Did she want the kiss to continue longer or stop as soon as possible? Sometimes you can sit and look at things on paper (a guy's credentials) for days and not know what you know after just one kiss. JMHO.

Last edited by MiaHawk on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:08 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:
reason wrote:@umngirl I think he did not want to tell about his time with her nor what he thinks sexually.  I would pass answering if it was  me so I have no problem with that. IMHO

@Reason, I've thought about this a few times during the night and the only thing that keeps coming to my mind is when Peter told Rachel that his dad would be watching and he was Peter's biggest fan. Could he have answered that question the way he did while trying to respect his dad ( parents) ?

I wonder what dear old dad thought about the sexting? SMH. As a parent myself, I'd rather hear that my adult son has age-appropriate romantic/sexual thoughts about a woman that he has paused his career for and gone onto a reality tv show to date, than to hear that he has pulled an (insert name of recently disgraced NY politician) and broke the law by texting nudies to some chick that ended up not being his soulmate. But, yeah, that may just be me. JMHO.

Just an aside and a bit OT. (prolly more than a bit-sorry.)
I live outside of NYC. On tonight's local news which is NYC, they highlighted colleges pulling admission acceptance after seeing objectionable photos on some of their admits social media sites. They specifically mentioned receiving nude photos from chagrined exes etc. These things can live on forever.
I thought it was interesting in lieu of conversation on the forum I had with other members today regarding how mainstream nude selfies are becoming for mid 20 somethings. Apparently, employees and colleges are perusing SM and not looking too kindly on this stuff.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:19 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:

I live outside of NYC. On tonight's local news which is NYC, they highlighted colleges pulling admission acceptance after seeing objectionable photos on some of their admits social media sites. They specifically mentioned receiving nude photos from chagrined exes etc. These things can live on forever.
I thought it was interesting in lieu of conversation on the forum I had with other members today regarding how mainstream nude selfies are becoming for mid 20 somethings. Apparently, employees and colleges are perusing SM and not looking too kindly on this stuff.

Exactly. What did THAT say about the judgement of the guys who replied "I have" to that question? I guess the answer to my question is up to personal interpretation. But like I said, as a parent of both a son and a daughter, I'd rather hear that my 37 year old 'child' has had thoughts about sex with a person they are dating (and let me remind you, the question wasn't Who is thinking he wants to have sex TODAY?) than to hear that he/she sexted an ex. In fact, one is just a thought and the other is an action taken.

And another thing...CMIIW, Didn't Peter say to R on his 1-1 that 'if some day we have children, their teeth...". Ummm, maybe Peter is in need of a Birds and Bees/Where do Babies Come From? talk! cantstopl
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi all. Can I just point out that it is Colombian, not as really commonly misspelled-- Columbian. It is just a very small thing, but it actually drives most Colombians crazy to see. It is really common, though.

As a fan who is married to someone who was born there, you would think that I would be cheering for Bryan. There is just something about his mannerisms that are a little off-putting. I am going to give it a few more episodes before I decide how I feel...
(Like Rachel cares what I think!! LoL)

officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:09 pm

@MiaHawk really glad you cam to this side of the board. Always enjoy your posts!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by gramercypark10 Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:16 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:

Exactly. What did THAT say about the judgement of the guys who replied "I have" to that question? I guess the answer to my question is up to personal interpretation. But like I said, as a parent of both a son and a daughter, I'd rather hear that my 37 year old 'child' has had thoughts about sex with a person they are dating (and let me remind you, the question wasn't Who is thinking he wants to have sex TODAY?) than to hear that he/she sexted an ex. In fact, one is just a thought and the other is an action taken.  

And another thing...CMIIW, Didn't Peter say to R on his 1-1 that 'if some day we have children, their teeth...".  Ummm, maybe Peter is in need of a Birds and Bees/Where do Babies Come From? talk! cantstopl  

I dont really understand what you mean by the last bit. The other thing is that Peter was the only one who had had a 1on1 at the time and as they had spoken about relationship therapy I'm guessing they have spoken about what they want in the relationship. If you have that kind of discussion, tbh sex is secondary. It's no longer about lust. They have already spoken about a deeeper kind of relationship and I think he was trying to relay that. That he's not just here for the sex and fame IMO. And tbh if i was Rachel I would be kind of suss of all the guys and how genuine they are. Are they just here for just for sex and fame and a free ride to bachelor in paradise or is it more than that, but that's JMo.

gramercypark10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:20 pm

But isn't sending someone a nude photo of yourself sexual? Is it not degrading to anything private? IMO it's simply sleazy.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 78 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 3 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+65
gisellexlopez
limoncello
pavalygurl
annapasuk16
gramercypark10