SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

Post by 2observe Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:55 am

Bluejay25, I LOVE your post!!!! Thank you
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 72 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

Post by ReneeM Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:57 am

Alanna wrote:I am very curious what the larger sm community of fans and folks will say/post when it turns out she chooses (imo) a "white" guy.
I think it'll be a big deal when she sends Eric home. But the week of the finale there'll be two 'white' guys left so how shocked could they be? laugh out loud

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 am

Great post @bluejay25
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejay25 Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 am

Oh you guys are so nice, thank you! You all have raised such great commentary yourselves Smiley

bluejay25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 am

I think she is a very smart woman and if I was in her shoes, watching the episodes, I would realize how much I was played by the handler and prods. I would watch last episode an I would be totally pissed off that MAYBE I was asked by prods to keep a Lee around considering how a piece of poop he truly is. So MAYBE, just MAYBE, because I am curious, I would go on twitter and check public opinion and react right after I watched the episode. This co-host publicly said that she was paid and should just suck it up to whatever happened to her... which IMO goes against the idea that she is no actress but an ordinary woman who was cast last season for Nick and happened to have all the quality to be the next bachelorette. YES, she will not please to everyone and everyone will not like her. I do not think she is expecting that at all. Maybe the comment rubbed her the wrong way? Maybe she met the co-host? Something about her comment put her on a defensive mode somehow? I agree she was very sarcastic on a couple of tweets and a bit OTT. However it is like Kenny with Lee. If my integrity was on the line, I am not sure I would have been able to NOT react. I also think it is very human to do so and probably not very smart to do so as SM is a wild beast: can be your best friend one day and kill you with a knife on your back the following day. But talking about me here, I think it is fun to read her because that kind of woman who snap at those comments is certainly not the tame same woman who wrote her blog... and this brings to my question: was it ever the leads who wrote their blogs anyway or was it and put the prods censure before being published?

JMOAA

Last edited by HEA on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:23 am; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:03 am

Alanna wrote:I am very curious what the larger sm community of fans and folks will say/post when it turns out she chooses (imo) a "white" guy.

I will bite....first if Bryan is F1 he is Spanish and not white IMO and according to how he advertises himself on SM. IMO the public perception will depend very much on Bryan's edit. Right now IMO he is coming across as smooth or charming as Rachel said to him. However if his edit shows that he genuinely falls for Rachel, I think the court of public opinion will generally be ok. Regardless so far he is still not the fave this season IMO per SM but let's wait till next week's episode if this continues. I just hope he does not drop the L bomb because that may not go so well on SM media but who knows SM might surprise us in their reaction if this does go down as speculated.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:03 am

ReneeM wrote:
I think it'll be a big deal when she sends Eric home. But the week of the finale there'll be two 'white' guys left so how shocked could they be? laugh out loud
Yeah good point laugh out loud, let  me rephrase: when it turns out both her f2 are white. Ehh I hope/think she'll be just fine though.

ETA: @mercieme, nothing to bite into laugh out loud I'm agenda-less, really just curious and interested to see how this will play out. And I know Bryan is Colombian, but I just figure he will be seen as generic white dude anyway.

Last edited by Alanna on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:08 am

A1day1 wrote:The tweet Rachel was responding to was from a woman telling Rachel to #suckitup in regards to her stresses as being the first black bachelorette. The tweeter also happens to be black. I understand that Rachel can't respond to everything, and I know that Everyone won't like Rachel. But that tweet bothered me as well. Telling another black woman to get over the SAME struggles you deal with on a daily basis is insulting IMO. I know Rachel won't reply to everyone, but I'm honestly glad she responded to that one. All JMO.

But how is this the same struggles they deal with on a daily basis? She's emotional while being on a reality show dating multiple men that she CHOSE to be on. That I think was the woman's point. Like yeah you're the first black lead and great for diversity and all but this is still a cheesy reality show where she gets to fly around the world, wear cute dresses and make out with a bunch of guys. In this case, yeah most will not feel like the struggle is real because it's like what struggle? The one she chose to sign up for? And like I said, I saw many comments online parroting the same sentiment. Now I personally have no issue with Rachel being emotional and what she said because every lead goes through it. But I don't think the woman was so out of line in her response and I still think Rachel was being unnecessarily sensitive and confrontational, especially when she wasn't even tagged.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 am

That's the thing though, every lead doesn't go through what Rachel is going through (or will go through) IMO. I think that was the whole point of her emotional segment and why someone like sweet Des (or the rest) couldn't even begin to address. JMO.

I don't think she should be snarking at every criticism on Twitter but I knew immediately why Ramona made her feel some type of way... IMO JMO

Also @bluejay25 slow clap.

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 72 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:30 am

great post @bluejay25   

People were screaming for diversity, and Rachel is giving to them. ** JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by jjjami Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:57 am

well it's pretty damn clear that Rachel is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. I do not agree that the pressures that she is facing are the same as any other lead. The fact is she is a woc and sadly media and society are pretty ruthless with woc. She's screwed either way no matter how this show goes and that's the sad reality. She knows this hence her frustration, she's not allowed to get angry because if she does she's labeled as an 'angry black woman'. Her picking Lee during the RC, people referred to her as a sellout, and let's take a look back at Leah's offensive tweet. I don't blame her for going off on people. As much as I am so happy she's the Bachelorette and she is doing a fantastic job (my favorite one at that). The sad truth always will be that her experience will be different from past leads.

#TeamBigRach
#TeamPeter

jjjami

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:22 am

I didn't think I could love Rachel any more but she keeps on getting more and more perfect imo laugh out loud
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

+71
SFoster
1SeasonOnly
luvstx
2observe
mindless
kraft33
hae1001
Luvstruck
MVMom39forever
julychild
terabithia