SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

Post by bleuberry Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:15 am

A1day1 wrote:The tweet Rachel was responding to was from a woman telling Rachel to #suckitup in regards to her stresses as being the first black bachelorette. The tweeter also happens to be black. I understand that Rachel can't respond to everything, and I know that Everyone won't like Rachel. But that tweet bothered me as well. Telling another black woman to get over the SAME struggles you deal with on a daily basis is insulting IMO. I know Rachel won't reply to everyone, but I'm honestly glad she responded to that one. All JMO.

This is exactly why I thought she replied to Ramona in particular. Struck a different nerve...

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 71 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 71 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

Post by Guest Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:18 am

@bleuberry Exactly. I'm not saying the woman has to like her. I'm a WOC and I won't like everyone in my community. But to downplay the same struggles you deal with as a black woman? Not cool. But hey, you can't please everyone. Rachel has handled herself pretty well, and I hope she continues to do so. All JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:19 am

Ramona was rude IMO for telling Rachel to suck it up, and that tweet, though she didn't @ Rachel, was speaking to Rachel. It was very patronizing IMO. But yes, she has a right to her opinion. And just like she has a right to that opinion, doesn't Rachel have a right to respond?

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:28 am

Rachel has every right to respond, and the way she responds tells me more of the type of person she is.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:33 am

ReneeM wrote:Ramona was rude IMO for telling Rachel to suck it up, and that tweet, though she didn't @ Rachel, was speaking to Rachel. It was very patronizing IMO. But yes, she has a right to her opinion. And just like she has a right to that opinion, doesn't Rachel have a right to respond?

Yes, Rachel sure does have the right to respond. That said, it is going to be long season for her if she pays too much attention to SM. She has enjoyed universal adoration from.BachNation, imo. But it's crazy how popular opinion can shift as it has for pretty much every Bachelorette in the past. Has anyone come out of this as pristine as they started???

I read her blog and imo, was pretty much exactly what I would expect. At this stage, all she can go by is what she encountered during filming. Lee is a turd, for sure, but he came across sweet to her with his gift.

And I love Kenny but has he not seen show?? Contestants cut in all the time on group dates and rose ceremonies. It's sh*tty but that's reality tv for you.

I am team Rachel all the way and would suggest she have a call with Desiree who dealt with so much crap and certainly got last laugh with her happy life and gorgeous man & baby. Ignore the those who are not fans!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:36 am

@MVMom39forever I said any of the past female leads could support. Almost all of them went through crap.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:37 am

Just for the record, I'm not a hater, but I admit, I have very little patience for rude people. Smiley

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejay25 Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:47 am

JMO but I already feel for Rachel. Becoming the first black lead was going to be a challenge, and I think she's done so well, but the rougher terrain seems to be on the horizon. I can respect those who say race does not affect their viewpoint of her, but IMO race does play a role into this whether in the praise or criticism she receives -  particularly when it comes from any criticism she has/may receive from the black community because she is not acting/making decisions that some would prefer to see. Of course, people are always going to criticize, but I think it's a natural response to want defend yourself or shut it down when it relates to something so personal. There are so many dynamics, politics, and concerns underlying the representation of her journey. Yes, it's just a reality show, but a quick google search on think pieces on her season, show you a different viewpoint to her journey.    

I think her tweets this week are inspired by a host of things - maybe a "higher ordered" limitation on her ability to address the Lee thing head on, or seeing the microaggressions that occurred during the last episode play out on screen, or relieving the pressure she experienced and others not understanding especially those who should be able to relate etc. I think context will be important the next few episodes in looking at how she responds. It's only going to get harder though, particularly next week when she eliminates several AA men. Although this her personal journey, and it's clear which connections are just stronger, she may be judged for it.

I can relate to criticisms of not being the "right" representation of your race or culture, etc. So, I hope she is able to push past it, but I cannot fault her for reacting how she does, she is the first in this instance. Others may disagree, but this is a unique situation she is in IMO. There is really no former lead to emulate with these sort of criticisms. Again, this is JMO.

Last edited by bluejay25 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

bluejay25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:49 am

@bluejay25 I 100% agree. Well said Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 am

I am very curious what the larger sm community of fans and folks will say/post when it turns out she chooses (imo) a "white" guy.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 am

bluejay25 wrote:JMO but I already feel for Rachel. Becoming the first black lead was going to be a challenge, and I think she's done so well, but the rougher terrain seems to be on the horizon. I can respect those who say race does not affect their viewpoint of her, but IMO race does play a role into this whether in the praise or criticism she receives -  particularly when it comes from any criticism she has/may receive from the black community because she is not acting/making decisions that some would prefer to see. Of course, people are always going to criticize, but I think it's a natural response to want defend yourself or shut it down when it relates to something so personal. There are so many dynamics, politics, and concerns underlying the representation of her journey. Yes, it's just a reality show, but a quick google search on think pieces on her season, show you a different viewpoint to her journey.    

I think her tweets this week are inspired by a host of things - maybe a "higher ordered" limitation on her ability to address the Lee thing head on, or seeing the microaggressions that occurred during the last episode play out on screen, or relieving the pressure she experienced and others not understanding especially those who should be able to relate etc. I think context will be important the next few episodes in looking at how she responds. It's only going to get harder though, particularly next week when she eliminates several AA men. Although this her personal journey, and it's clear which connections are just stronger, she may be judged for it.

I can relate to criticisms of not being the "right" representation of your race or culture, etc. So, I hope she is able to push past it, but I cannot fault her for reacting how she does, she is the first in this instance. Others may disagree, but this is a unique situation she is in. There is really no former lead to emulate with these sort of criticisms. Again, this is JMO.

Like button × 2. Thanks

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:53 am

@bluejay25 Good Post A lot of good points. IMO it doesn't matter who the lead is, there will be horrible SM criticisms for every one of them. If it's not one reason it's another. There will always be negativity regardless of who she chooses. That's the way it always has been and always will be.

There are SM trolls still lashing out because a lead didn't pick the F2 in other seasons. I would just like too see a more calmer approach rather than stooping down to the same level as the poster, JMHO.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

+71
SFoster
1SeasonOnly
luvstx
2observe
mindless
kraft33
hae1001
Luvstruck
MVMom39forever
julychild
terabithia