SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

Page 74 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 74 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:53 am

1SeasonOnly wrote:Totally agree, Kasha, re the blog. I do appreciate how Rachel and the vast majority of the men have handled the whole Lee debacle in their own way. Dean's shade toward the producer's question during his interview was priceless. "You know what I'm talking about." (paraphrasing). Really appreciate that in that moment he was aware of how upset Rachel was and wasn't going to add anymore fuel to that fire by engaging with them. He may not be her F1, but in that moment, he may as well have been. Props to him!

Production(editing) left that little blurb in. I would offer props to them, but then, isn't that what they want? For the audience to offer up props? I mean little to nothing gets left in the final product without reason and by accident. IMO Each frame is scrutinized. Scrutinized.
So production left a tiny little seed in there letting the viewer know they knew trying to let us think they are a good guy too?
But in reality, I have to wonder why they let an intolerable situation go on and of course, the reason for that is obvious. They fostered it and filmed it. Hmmm...reminds me of the BIP situation. I guess in reality, we are lucky a real physical fight didn't take place at some point. And of course, that is what they want the viewer to think from the promos for next week.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 74 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

Post by Guest Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:59 am

Kashathediva wrote:
1SeasonOnly wrote:Totally agree, Kasha, re the blog. I do appreciate how Rachel and the vast majority of the men have handled the whole Lee debacle in their own way. Dean's shade toward the producer's question during his interview was priceless. "You know what I'm talking about." (paraphrasing). Really appreciate that in that moment he was aware of how upset Rachel was and wasn't going to add anymore fuel to that fire by engaging with them. He may not be her F1, but in that moment, he may as well have been. Props to him!

Production(editing) left that little blurb in. I would offer props to them, but then, isn't that what they want? For the audience to offer up props? I mean little to nothing gets left in the final product without reason and by accident. IMO Each frame is scrutinized. Scrutinized.
So production left a tiny little seed in there letting the viewer know they knew trying to let us think they are a good guy too?
But in reality, I have to wonder why they let an intolerable situation go on and of course, the reason for that is obvious. They fostered it and filmed it. Hmmm...reminds me of the BIP situation.  I guess in reality, we are lucky a real physical fight didn't take place at some point. And of course, that is what they want the viewer to think from the promos for next week.
And then CH insults our intelligence after the Lee tweets came out and said they didn't know the tweets existed. Meanwhile, Lee admitted that he got recruited via social media.

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:15 am

@Kashathediva agree 100%. Rachel is probably really ticked off right now. She sees that she had to send Brady and Diggy home yet give a rose to Lee. She knows the prods are not her friends and never were.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:18 am

Some are saying Dean was immature to say what he said, but imo he was the most savvy, mature of all, to call it like it is! And how about defending your friends for a change? Some don't want to get "involved" in drama, but to me, this is way more serious than "drama". And some men are being slandered, all the men know about it, and Dean is coming to their defense. Wish there were more Deans. Props to him!

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:30 am

As someone in Communication, I have a major pet peeve about my words being misconstrued. So let me just say this and I'm moving on from the topic. I never disregarded the specific issues Rachel as the first black lead would be faced with as opposed to all the other white leads the show has had.

The only reference I made to "they all go through it" was to say that I personally had no issues with her being upset or emotional about the process on Monday's episode. Because yes, while her issue at that time was likely different than all the others, at some point, all leads go through some type of emotional exhaustion dealing with the whole process. That is all I was referring to.

Regarding the woman's criticism and article. I was responding to the comment that as a black woman herself, Ramona's criticism was especially stinging because she should understand the same struggle Rachel is going through. And my point was and still is that I'm sorry, yes, while Rachel will be facing some viewer backlash/criticism by some for maybe not picking a black guy and some of her actions on the show, this show and experience cannot be compared to the same struggles "we" all face as black women. I'm sorry, it's just not.

As I stated, diversity is great and I am glad the show deigned in 2017 to finally have a woman of color as a lead but this is still a mindless, cheesy and manipulative show where a man or woman makes out with a bunch of people and get fake engaged at the end to then proceed to date this person and hope it eventually turns into a real engagement and marriage. That is all it is. It's not changing the world in any way. So yeah, IMO, I can understand why someone, fellow black woman or not is like, "really girl?" in response to watching Rachel being emotional in the episode.

This woman may not know all the behind the scenes stuff and editing that some on boards like this discuss. So while some speculated that Rachel's emotion was probably because the show was forcing her to keep Lee around, the way it was edited in the episode, it made it seem like Rachel was upset because the guys were having drama in the house. So I can understand someone recapping the episode eye-rolling at the whole thing. And not for nothing, every season of this show, the lead is inevitably always snarked about. How many recaps made fun of Nick's constant boo-hooing last season? So just from my perspective again, I did not and do not believe that this warranted the reaction it got from Rachel, IMO. It made her seem unnecessarily defensive and pissy. JMO.

The fact is she is a woc and sadly media and society are pretty ruthless with woc.

That is true but IMO, so far, I haven't seen that regarding Rachel. It may change as season goes on because inevitably every lead starts getting judged and yes, with her, some of that may be worse. But as of right now, Rachel is almost universally loved in her role as The Bachelorette, IMO. I have lost count how many media publications have declared her the best Bachelorette ever, so classy, etc. Most of the snarking I have seen so far regarding the season has been towards the guys. So that I was actually the reason I was particularly thrown by her response to this because it almost seemed like one person isn't declaring her the best thing since sliced bread and so they must be called out?

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:25 am

@Dessler Great Find! I am so unbelievably happy that Rachel didn't write that bullcrap. I think that blog set her off yesterday evening too. Cause after the episode she was chilling and left SM. Then after that blog came out, she came with the heat on twitter.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:28 am

SFoster wrote:@Kashathediva agree 100%.  Rachel is probably really ticked off right  now. She sees that she had to send Brady and Diggy home yet give a rose to Lee. She knows the prods are not her friends and never were.

The producers are here to do a job. They are no one friends when it comes to cast/lead etc and the show. It's show first regardless of season IMO. Regardless of season IMO.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Dessler wrote:As some suspected, the blog was not written by Rachel. It was written by LANFORD BEARD( name is under the title of the blog) but from the perspective of Rachel which is bullcrap IMO. A white woman writing about a race-centered episode from the perspective of a black woman is laughable and ridiculous IMO

I just love Rachel, she is not going to put her name underneath some bullcrap article that does not reflect how she feel. @kashathediva noted that she is angry at production and ITA. She seems to be taking her anger out on trolls on SM.

EDT:@ReneeM I am tagging you because it pissed you off that the blame was being put on Kenny, maybe it help to know that it did not come from our girl Rachel

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 74 Screen13

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 74 Screen15

http://people.com/tv/rachel-lindsay-bachelorette-exclusive-blog-lee-garrett-kenny-king-blowup-josiah-graham-warning/

Great that you noticed that @Dessler. Obviously, they didn't want to pass that blog off as being written by Rachel, if they put Lanford's name. I wonder if they've done that in the past and no-one took notice.

Last edited by julychild on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:44 pm

@lleyki, I get what you are saying and I agree.  :yes: If it was later in the season and Rachel was getting heat for sending MOC's home or something of that sort, I could understand her clapback. IMO We haven't reached that point in the season yet and IMO Rachel's breakdown on the episode did seem like it came out of left field if someone isn't aware of the show dynamics. It looked like Rachel was fed up of the drama between the guys and even though I think a lot was going on behind the scenes to get her to that point, it's not Ramona's fault if she didn't realize that and just responded like a recapper IMO. I still don't think there was any need for Rachel to belittle her with her #whoisramona hashtag.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 pm

And there was another instance where two ladies were talking among themselves on their Twitter, without even tagging Rachel, that they found the show boring this season and Rachel replied "Turn the channel" to them. I thought that was a bit uncalled for. People are allowed to find the show boring and even complain about it on their Twitter if they wish to. I am a fan of Rachel but that was a bit over the top IMO.

Source

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:08 pm

julychild wrote:
Dessler wrote:As some suspected, the blog was not written by Rachel. It was written by LANFORD BEARD( name is under the title of the blog) but from the perspective of Rachel which is bullcrap IMO. A white woman writing about a race-centered episode from the perspective of a black woman is laughable and ridiculous IMO

I just love Rachel, she is not going to put her name underneath some bullcrap article that does not reflect how she feel. @kashathediva noted that she is angry at production and ITA. She seems to be taking her anger out on trolls on SM.

EDT:@ReneeM I am tagging you because it pissed you off that the blame was being put on Kenny, maybe it help to know that it did not come from our girl Rachel

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 74 Screen13

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9 - Page 74 Screen15

http://people.com/tv/rachel-lindsay-bachelorette-exclusive-blog-lee-garrett-kenny-king-blowup-josiah-graham-warning/

Great that you noticed that @Dessler. Obviously, they didn't want to pass that blog off as being written by Rachel, if they put Lanford's name. I wonder if they've done that in the past and no-one took notice.

Oy, sorry to quote myself....just right now they've changed the writer's name to Rachel Lindsay!

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 pm

makeover wrote:And there was another instance where two ladies were talking among themselves on their Twitter, without even tagging Rachel, that they found the show boring this season and Rachel replied "Turn the channel" to them. I thought that was a bit uncalled for. People are allowed to find the show boring and even complain about it on their Twitter if they wish to. I am a fan of Rachel but that was a bit over the top IMO.

Source

Wow, okay then. And interesting that the person also threw shade at Nick's season in the comment, which is what I first thought when I read the post. That there were many comments about Nick's season being boring when it became the Corinne show and Nick's crying every other episode. And I'm sure some called JoJo's season boring. Hell I checked out after two episodes.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #9

+71
SFoster
1SeasonOnly
luvstx
2observe
mindless
kraft33
hae1001
Luvstruck
MVMom39forever
julychild
terabithia