SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 10 of 66 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Dessler Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:37 pm

I am not implying that it is a race thing at all.It is a being relatable to the main audience thing, people become fan fav because people can relate to them for example, their style, the way they speak, their hair , age e.t.c  Black people are tuning in because the finally have a lead that they can relate to. JMO

ETA: I hope people tune in and the ratings get better because IMO they are missing out, Rachel has been fantastic so far and there have truly been more truly funny scenes this season than I have seen in previous season. My friends and I have literally cried laughing when watching this season.

Last edited by Dessler on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Dessler wrote:I am not implying that it is a racism thing at all.It is a being relatable to the main audience thing, people become fan fav because people can relate to them for example, their style, the way they speak, their hair , age e.t.c  Black people are tuning in because the finally have a lead that they can relate to.

but the franchise did not hesitate to promote her as the first black bachelorette. And that multicultural audience can finally be happy and relate is a good thing IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:41 pm

For me it has nothing to do with race. I have not cared for other 'ettes in the past.

IA the TBC is so annoying. By the time the next epi rolls around, there is no interest on my part to see it go down and I'm not on top of "who goes next" I don't remember what order they go.

I'm not sure they did her any favours letting her gush about being engaged and happy. I'm already over that and it's only 3 epis. She doesn't interest me at all. She appears dramatic when she's talking which appears fake to me. JMO's.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Dessler wrote:I am not implying that it is a race thing at all.It is a being relatable to the main audience thing, people become fan fav because people can relate to them for example, their style, the way they speak, their hair , age e.t.c  Black people are tuning in because the finally have a lead that they can relate to.

I understand fully. :yes:

Sidenote: I would love to have a latina as the next ette for obvious reasons like myself being one. Rachel is a breath of fresh air and I'm loving the diversity. Bring it on! more, more! Praying
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:43 pm

For me it has nothing to do with race.  There are things I like and dislike about her.  I had hoped she bring a breathe of fresh air to the show.  And now I just can't wait for ti to be over, for many reasons.... I'm bored.  

The squad and her association with them and their multiple visits just make me side eye her and I totally skipped or FF threw their segments.  I'm all for women supporting women, but they seem like vapid, mean girls to anyone not in the clique and I just can't get behind that.  

I agree that her not being the overwhelming fan fav and her lack of living on SM, which I find refreshing, but IMO does not help draw people in and them become invested.  I am sure there are a great number of decent guys on her season but all we see are the obnoxious, dramatic and unnesseary ones.  I don't feel invested anymore in them than I do her.  And normally I find a couple guys to actually like and follow (although normally briefly laugh out loud) on SM, not just for sleuthing purposes.  This season, meh....  I just keep coming back to will it ever end. laugh out loud

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but for those of ya'll who aren't into Rachel this season, who would you have preferred the lead to be from Nick's season? For me personally thinking about what the other options could've been I'm really glad it was Rachel. I think she's really likable and doing a great job this season and I was initially worried she might come off too boring. JMO.

bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:50 pm

what if the whole lack of enthusiasm from the producers is because Rachel chose the guy they didn't want her to pick? laugh out loud
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Just to reiterate due to some of the replies, I am not saying people don't like her because of her race. I am just speaking from the point of view of some of the things I have heard and seen. Way less than a million people actively sleuth the show, are invested it on SM like we do here so they might not have an idea of the squad or whatever reason that requires sleuthing in order to dislike her. My point is about being relatable not race.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Marginwalker Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:52 pm

i agree TPTB need to do more to ramp up more interest, though IMO the show seems to be a hit on SM despite ratings. They should show more deleted scenes please! I have really enjoyed every single one they have released, only to join the chorus of "that was cute, why didn't they show this?
JMO

Marginwalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:52 pm

I agree this season is pretty boring to me jmo and the 2 weeks off sure didn't help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Lets make it clear for me. I do not care if they are green or blue. I care about beauty inside and out. But I would have been blind if I did not notice that the franchise avoided people of any color.

Too be fully honest, I was always more bothered about the age rather than anything else. I am extremely happy that this season, the contestants are not only older, but they are smart too and very very attractive all around.

IMHO, like every lead who gained fame on national TV, it goes on their head a little bit.... hey Ali? Deanna and co. Few exceptions of course

JMOAA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Cila51290 wrote:what if the whole lack of enthusiasm from the producers is because Rachel chose the guy they didn't want her to pick? laugh out loud

Can you please elaborate? I missed this part please. thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 66 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+100
richmondrose
everglow
appiah01
Billysmom
composer53
violetstoo
Seab21
TheWrongReasons
KK4
Nativenewyorker
likeashipblown